Page 359 of 750 FirstFirst ... 259309349355356357358359360361362363369409459 ... LastLast
Results 5,371 to 5,385 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    You don't wait for the weeds take over your lawn and burn your house down.
    If it were up to the Kree and Skrulls, they wouldn't be waiting.

The problem being lots of stuff burns. Plants. People. Planets, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    The previews for the cancelled issue 2 of Invasion of Wakanda mentions that Wakanda was facing alien weapons, psychic spirits, and ancient magic... so we would've seen a lot more out of the invaders in the tie in books.

The thing is that these guys are supposed to be a threat to both the Kree and the Skulls... 2 races who should be far more technologically advanced than anyone on earth. So they should be able to handle advanced tech. What they won't be able to handle is super heroes... which is why earth will be able to do what the Skrulls and Kree can't.
    It doesn't matter what the toe end book was going to show, its been cancelled, we have known this for awhile now, plenty of tone for Marvel to throw in a few panels of Wakanda squaring off using their tech against the cotati. I don't even know why this is being thrown out as some sort of explanation for why when there was tine to make adjustments. It's comes off as lazy and uncaring

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    It doesn't matter what the toe end book was going to show, its been cancelled, we have known this for awhile now, plenty of tone for Marvel to throw in a few panels of Wakanda squaring off using their tech against the cotati. I don't even know why this is being thrown out as some sort of explanation for why when there was tine to make adjustments. It's comes off as lazy and uncaring
    Assuming that it's true that they actually had the time to add extra panels, I think the issue is more that it's not technically necessary for the story to see more tech fighting the Cotati since we know whatever tech they used ultimately failed anyways. It's going back and drawing in stuff that didn't actually do anything or effect the story in any way, so from their perspective it might not be worth it.

COurse, the Invasion of Wakanda isn't over yet and there might be some sort of ace in the hole which actually matters to the story (the megazord would be cool)... that obviously would have to show up in the book if that ends up being the case.

Assuming that it's true that they actually had the time to add extra panels, I think the issue is more that it's not technically necessary for the story to see more tech fighting the Cotati since we know whatever tech they used ultimately failed anyways. It's going back and drawing in stuff that didn't actually do anything or effect the story in any way, so from their perspective it might not be worth it.

COurse, the Invasion of Wakanda isn't over yet and there might be some sort of ace in the hole which actually matters to the story (the megazord would be cool)... that obviously would have to show up in the book if that ends up being the case.
    Right... For a visual medium such as comics, SHOWING isn't necessary when you can just tell the readers instead. Thats much easier and allows you to focus on the other stuff such as plot abd mcguffins. I mean it's such a pain to show the place that is earths backbone and best line of defense actually, ya know, going all out. That's the point of these events, it's a chance to cut loose a bit. But telling us that Wakanda is holding off the Armada abd how dangerous T'Challa is, while showing one panel of Wakanda getting it's ass kicked works too...

Who needs to be shown anything at all, hell this whole events could just be told to us by two characters over a cup of coffee, that would save a ton of time actually!

Right... For a visual medium such as comics, SHOWING isn't necessary when you can just tell the readers instead. Thats much easier and allows you to focus on the other stuff such as plot abd mcguffins. I mean it's such a pain to show the place that is earths backbone and best line of defense actually, ya know, going all out. That's the point of these events, it's a chance to cut loose a bit. But telling us that Wakanda is holding off the Armada abd how dangerous T'Challa is, while showing one panel of Wakanda getting it's ass kicked works too...

Who needs to be shown anything at all, hell this whole events could just be told to us by two characters over a cup of coffee, that would save a ton of time actually!
    It's necessary to show what it's necessary to show in the main book. There's a lot of stuff going on that we're not getting in the main book. Some of it, you can show a little of ... and some of it just gets a mention. If that. Try and jam everything, and these issues become phone books.

I'm not saying it wouldn't have had any value whatsoever, but if you think they were going to go back and redo issues just to show some tech which ultimately failed and didn't effect the story, you're probably being overly optimistic.
    Last edited by XPac; 08-06-2020 at 09:31 AM.

The stuff in the main book isn't necessary for the main story. Its just filler conversations. lol

It's necessary to show what it's necessary to show in the main book. There's a lot of stuff going on that we're not getting in the main book. Some of it, you can show a little of ... and some of it just gets a mention. If that. Try and jam everything, and these issues become phone books.

I'm not saying it wouldn't have had any value whatsoever, but if you think they were going to go back and redo issues just to show some tech which ultimately failed and didn't effect the story, you're probably being overly optimistic.
    No, what I am saying is, the main location of where the most important battle is taking place, earths last and best defense, is somehow not important enough to show the battle is it's more important to show people talking about how well/bad the battle is going, how x is doing this and y should be defeated but isn't, and more talking? You serious bruh??

Fantastic Member LastManStanding's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    I haven't been reading Empyre, but can SOMEONE explain to me why nobody seems to remember that plants burn?
    https://youtu.be/QHWA_bk7a4Q

No, what I am saying is, the main location of where the most important battle is taking place, earths last and best defense, is somehow not important enough to show the battle is it's more important to show people talking about how well/bad the battle is going, how x is doing this and y should be defeated but isn't, and more talking? You serious bruh??
    They showed the battle... they just didn't show the battle with as much tech as you would have liked to see. Because the tech wasn't important to the story, since whatever tech they used ultimately failed anyways. If any Wakandan tech does end up being deployed that does end up making an actual difference to the story (as the battle isn't over YET), like him going through with irradiating Wakandan soil so that plants can't survive in it for example, then that SHOULD be included as it actually does matter to the story.

Quote Originally Posted by LastManStanding View Post
    "Feed me, Seymour!"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LastManStanding View Post
    Ewing is reading this sweating somewhere, lol. I’d doubt alien plants with an actual mind would be that vulnerable to fire could be the same effect humans have to it or akin to
    Martian Manhunter

Dig your username by the way I’ve had a couple email names similar

Okay, but then it was soooooooo important to SHOW us what Captain America was doing in his lil side book???? Cause he was that important to the whole story? Bro, come on you know this notion of Marvel dissing what should be one of their top characters is pure garbage! The ARE playing Tchalla from the rip! Just like when they made him the "Leader" just to have all their real favorites do all the good dialogue. Carol is working on like her 8th power up and is pushed to the center of it all. Wolverine and Spiderman are being put on to the fantastic 4, which is about to get a big push. All these are lil notes to SHOW how important the they are. Most important battle of the series is happening IN Wakanda and we can't even get a side book to show ....anything about it. Deplorable and chankanerous, lol. No my G they wrong as heck for this.
    Last edited by dkrook; 08-06-2020 at 04:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Okay, but then it was soooooooo important to SHOW us what Captain America was doing in his lil side book???? Cause he was that important to the whole story? Bro, come on you know this notion of Marvel dissing what should be one of their top characters is pure garbage! The ARE playing Tchalla from the rip! Just like when they made him the "Leader" just to have all their real favorites do all the good dialogue. Carol is working on like her 8th power up and is pushed to the center of it all. Wolverine and Spiderman are being put on to the fantastic 4, which is about to get a big push. All these are lil notes to SHOW how important the they are. Most important battle of the series is happening IN Wakanda and we can't even get a side book to show ....anything about it. Deplorable and chankanerous, lol. Now my G they wrong as heck for this.
    I DON'T think showing what Cap was doing (at least so far) was that important... that's why he was barely in the book. Him and Thor are basically just blips on the radar.

But I do agree that it's pretty messed up the Invasion of Wakanda 3 part mini was cancelled. I'm curious as to the reason why... I would assume it would at least sell OKAY.
    Last edited by XPac; 08-06-2020 at 04:30 PM.

For the Hunter X Hunter fans.

Would Wakanda have a version of Heavens Arena?

They showed the battle... they just didn't show the battle with as much tech as you would have liked to see. Because the tech wasn't important to the story, since whatever tech they used ultimately failed anyways. If any Wakandan tech does end up being deployed that does end up making an actual difference to the story (as the battle isn't over YET), like him going through with irradiating Wakandan soil so that plants can't survive in it for example, then that SHOULD be included as it actually does matter to the story.
    We have seen a grand total of, wait for it, 2 whole panels of the Wakandan battle... In two issues.. and no it wasn't "they just didn't show the battle with as much tech as you would have liked to see" they didn't show any tech. I mean cotdamn they didn't even bother to equip the HZ with ANY sort of weapon in the splash panel. We see a couple spears and... That's it. You know the difference between this event and tro? Hickman did alot of isht off panel but when he showed Wakanda being invaded she showed the cotdamn tech to go with it. Too many times writers don't showcase Wakandas might because it's deemed as not necessary even though it very much is. Due to the fact that ya know, they are attacking the most advanced nation on earth.

Tldr Wakandan tech didn't fail because they didn't bother to show Wakandan tech on the first place