Page 513 of 750 FirstFirst ... 13413463503509510511512513514515516517523563613 ... LastLast
Results 7,681 to 7,695 of 11243
    Astonishing Member

I still don't like this "bloodline of Bashenga" thing. I don't need all the hundreds of BPs in over 10k years to be part of a single family. I'd rather there was multiple dynasties and that Wakandans all had an equal shot of taking the throne.

But I agree KoTD needs a revamp. The title alone is too good to die. Just let the MCU get ahold of it and give it some semi-magical powers and it's viable lol.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I still don't like this "bloodline of Bashenga" thing. I don't need all the hundreds of BPs in over 10k years to be part of a single family. I'd rather there was multiple dynasties and that Wakandans all had an equal shot of taking the throne.

But I agree KoTD needs a revamp. The title alone is too good to die. Just let the MCU get ahold of it and give it some semi-magical powers and it's viable lol.
    When you consider that the heart shaped herb is poisonous to anyone outside of the family, it sort of makes sense that the family ended up with a monopoly of the mantle. Killmonger found that out first hand. It was sort of a rigged game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I mean the fact that two years on, and T'Challa hasn't even fought N'Jadaka and when they did meet, it was Okoye (who on that panel was front in center as of it were here book) who easily defeated N'Jadaka on the most basic and lame ass way possible while T'Challa fought zenzi.. I have zero confidence in Coates at all. Its pretty much just wishful thinking that I know won't happen. Its literally going to be "What type of bullisht is Coates going to 'surprise' us with in the end" he ain't the main character, he is the guy on the background barking orders and waiting for his "big gun" to save the day when things go sideways
    Right now, there is not a feat, fight or win that Coates can give T'Challa that will change my opinion. We've had 4+ years of crap.

2 months ain't gonna wash it away.Just get the issues out and get it over.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    When you consider that the heart shaped herb is poisonous to anyone outside of the family, it sort of makes sense that the family ended up with a monopoly of the mantle. Killmonger found that out first hand. It was sort of a rigged game.
    That retcon never made sense with established lore unless we assume no BP had in over 10k years lost a tribal challenge. That's the only way I could buy Wakandans not knowing that the HSH was poisonous until Killmonger.

But every indication we got long before Priest showed that Wakandans always believed that if you won against the BP you could become the Panther God's champion. And since it was Killmonger himself who said the HSH was poisonous I've always thought he was just pissed he got rejected by Bast and lied to himself and Kaspar.

That retcon never made sense with established lore unless we assume no BP had in over 10k years lost a tribal challenge. That's the only way I could buy Wakandans not knowing that the HSH was poisonous until Killmonger.

But every indication we got long before Priest showed that Wakandans always believed that if you won against the BP you could become the Panther God's champion. And since it was Killmonger himself who said the HSH was poisonous I've always thought he was just pissed he got rejected by Bast and lied to himself and Kaspar.
    Given the fact that unlike the movie, in the comics the defending champ had enhanced stats while the challenger did not it's entirely possible that the tribal challenge was never lost. Unlike the movie, in the comics everything was stacked against the challengers. The champ had enhanced stats, and the herb was poisoned. It shouldn't be that surprising that the mantle really didnt' change hands.

And in hindsight it was probably SMART to stack the deck in their favor. We see in the movie what happens when control of Wakanda potentially falls into the wrong hands. You almost can't blame the royals for having a few safety measures in place.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Given the fact that unlike the movie, in the comics the defending champ had enhanced stats while the challenger did not it's entirely possible that the tribal challenge was never lost. Unlike the movie, in the comics everything was stacked against the challengers. The champ had enhanced stats, and the herb was poisoned. It shouldn't be that surprising that the mantle really didnt' change hands.

And in hindsight it was probably SMART to stack the deck in their favor. We see in the movie what happens when control of Wakanda potentially falls into the wrong hands. You almost can't blame the royals for having a few safety measures in place.
    Good point, I hadn't thought about that. But in over 10k years is it so hard to believe that there was at least a few BP to lose the mantle? I guess Wakanda's history is whatever Priest wanted it to be but it felt so out of place with what we knew before. I get the strategy behind poisoning anyone not of Bashenga's bloodline, but it removes a lot of the egalitarian aspects that make the mantle cool in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    No.

He said it was in his blood. This has nothing to do with king of the dead nad everything to do with the bloodline of Bashenga and even before that with this 10000000000000000 BC avenger nonsense.

Let KotD die already lol. Y'all reachin like crazy
    Yeah I'm assuming it has to do with the power in his blood, hence why mk ankh didn't work on him and why T'Challa said to take him to his god.

Okay we got:

Shadow Physics
    Shadow Combat
    King of the Dead

Has there been any kind of situation where all of these were used simultaneously?

If you want to save the KotD shtick it's simple: put all of these other abilities along with a few others under the KotdD heading.

Shadow Combat
    Force Push
    Consecrated Napalm
    Shadow Physics
    Limited Teleportation
    Telepathy Proof

Just say that he has these abilities and the habit is used to harness some of those powers.

In TRO T'Challa told one of the youth that his ancestor (relative to said youth) was full of pride for him completing the challenge they set out to accomplish do I don't think the line is completely made up of just one family, it may be in recent time his family has just been the best

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Right now, there is not a feat, fight or win that Coates can give T'Challa that will change my opinion. We've had 4+ years of crap.

2 months ain't gonna wash it away.Just get the issues out and get it over.
    I mean, unless T'Challa whips out a N'Yami mothership and blows away the Armada while jumping from ship to ship single handily destroying the entire fleet, or N'Jadaka powered up on some super saiyan isht and we got a dragon ball z esque type fight that spanned these last two issues and ended with a decisive victory by T'Challa with everyone praising his name, Storm twerking on him then peacing out, never to be apart of the mythos again.. then that. Still wouldn't be. Enough but it would be a well enough send off

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Okay we got:

Shadow Physics
    Shadow Combat
    King of the Dead

Has there been any kind of situation where all of these were used simultaneously?

If you want to save the KotD shtick it's simple: put all of these other abilities along with a few others under the KotdD heading.

Shadow Combat
    Force Push
    Consecrated Napalm
    Shadow Physics
    Limited Teleportation
    Telepathy Proof

Just say that he has these abilities and the habit is used to harness some of those powers.

I still don't know what Shadow Physics is or does other than tweak space-time or something like that lol. Shadow Combat mixes Shadow Physics and Wakandan/K'un-Lun martial arts, right?

Force Push should be its own tech branch, that's just basic kinetic energy absorption and redistribution.
    Consecrated Napalm could work with KoTD I just don't know how it relates to it. Crushed up magic plants with an incendiary effect?
    Teleportation to Shadow Physics (but I never liked that tech so I'm fine only seeing it to transport large objects, ships, etc.)
    Anti-Telepathy should have absolutely nothing to do with tech/KoTD imo. T'Challa should just have the intelligence/willpower to shirk it off. But for redshirts I'm fine with anti-TP tech being Shadow Physics.

Bashenga been around so long, i would imagine multiple Wakandans could claim to be in the blood line

Tchalla has random cousins and such.

Doesn't have to be a direct line to still be in the blood line.

KotD sucks lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I still don't know what Shadow Physics is or does other than tweak space-time or something like that lol. Shadow Combat mixes Shadow Physics and Wakandan/K'un-Lun martial arts, right?

Force Push should be its own tech branch, that's just basic kinetic energy absorption and redistribution.
    Consecrated Napalm could work with KoTD I just don't know how it relates to it. Crushed up magic plants with an incendiary effect?.
    The consecrated napalm confused me a little bit. It looked good, but it seemed more like light than substance the way it was shown. I don’t mind him having a lot of powers, just so long as they come from mostly one or two places. He has the tech, the shadow physics, and the shadow combat.

The TP defense like you said could be just because of his great mind.

Good point, I hadn't thought about that. But in over 10k years is it so hard to believe that there was at least a few BP to lose the mantle? I guess Wakanda's history is whatever Priest wanted it to be but it felt so out of place with what we knew before. I get the strategy behind poisoning anyone not of Bashenga's bloodline, but it removes a lot of the egalitarian aspects that make the mantle cool in the first place.
    I will fight people to the grave about the poisonous HSH

That comes from ONE SOURCE IN THE COMICS. And it was lying ass unreliable narrator killmonger.

http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...-is-toxic.html
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Consecrated Napalm could work with KoTD I just don't know how it relates to it. Crushed up magic plants with an incendiary effect?
    Teleportation to Shadow Physics (but I never liked that tech so I'm fine only seeing it to transport large objects, ships, etc.)
    Anti-Telepathy should have absolutely nothing to do with tech/KoTD imo. T'Challa should just have the intelligence/willpower to shirk it off. But for redshirts I'm fine with anti-TP tech being Shadow Physics.
    T'Challa's anti-telepathy doesn't involve tech. His telepathy resistance is a part of his mental training.

The problem right now is that BP has too many attributes that are all disjointed and some writer comes along and want's to add their own ability that's almost unrelated to anything he's done before.

All of Spidey's abilities stem from being bit by the rad-spider

All of Cap's abilities come from the SSS

DD - radioactive gunk took his senses to the nth level.

T'Challa? Some come from the suit, some are innate, some are mystic. It's just scattershot and they need to be under one umbrella. it doesn't even have to be the KotD isht.

Like we keep saying about his tech weapons, some things need to be standard and travel from solo to solo. Other writers can build upon that but we need a standard from which they are coming from.