Page 273 of 750 FirstFirst ... 173223263269270271272273274275276277283323373 ... LastLast
Results 4,081 to 4,095 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Muad'Dib View Post
    The cover? MK vs BP

KM said it best "... .."

Ragged & torn. Nothing has really changed for BP. I grow weary of seeing the panther suit ripped-up. It’s vibranium mesh. They slipped it into the movie during the final battle with KM. both of their suits had wholes from the train. They love to see black folks ragged. You will see it again in part 2… Guaranteed.

The cover? suspect. check-out the line-art on the chest. strange coincidences all around. in this day & age? SMH

In all fairness the vibranium mesh was a retcon. Prior to Priest, it was presumably some sort of cloth. If it were vibranium the entire time, we probably would have seen less damage to the suit.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Yeah, it was clearly cloth until Priest. I got the impression from Priest that it was a recent addition, but I don't think they dwelled on it.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    In case you forgot.
    Yeah tell me where I said fan outrage changed it. Poorly received is different from straight up outrage. Ill use an example. The Sonic movie when the first showed its teaser preview Sonic was horrendously cg'd it was poorly received by fans and critic's so they changed it. That's different from outrage. Poor review =/= outrage. I also said multiple times that it sold poorly as well. So you can go ahead of stop with the outrage and fooled by the hype nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    T'challa needs a Panthes punch where you uses that stored energy, rears back, a giant panthers head of energy appears on his fists, and blasts dudes.

anywho

As long as the team up happens with T'challa not on his knees, i'll allow it lol
    Do we take a vote, so we keep and coin Golden city smash from MHA, or do we go with a OPM serious punch? I personally would like it to look similar to redjacks panther in the last avenger when he fought Thor

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Yeah tell me where I said fan outrage changed it. Poorly received is different from straight up outrage. Ill use an example. The Sonic movie when the first showed its teaser preview Sonic was horrendously cg'd it was poorly received by fans and critic's so they changed it. That's different from outrage. Poor review =/= outrage. I also said multiple times that it sold poorly as well. So you can go ahead of stop with the outrage and fooled by the hype nonsense
    Okay, let me rephrase the question. Where does it say the allegely poor reception changed the ending of event. Why should anyone assume we wouldn't otherwise get exactly the ending we got, with "good" Cap restored and the Avengers defeating Hydra?
    Last edited by XPac; 06-23-2020 at 04:30 PM.

Why is the Black Panther thread about Secret Empire of all things.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Someone earlier in the thread said BP needs a point man to protect the character.

At one point I responded by saying if they're not worried about turning Captain America into a Nazi, then they probably don't worry too much about protecting characters since pretty much anything can be reversed with no real harm done. The Cap Nazi line ended up dovetailing into a Secret Empire thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Yeah, it was clearly cloth until Priest. I got the impression from Priest that it was a recent addition, but I don't think they dwelled on it.
    Rise sort of retconned things to where he had a vibranium suit with force push all along.

But I guess he just didn't bother wearing it all this time... for reasons.

Retcons... what can ya do?

Okay, let me rephrase the question. Where does it say the allegely poor reception changed the ending of event. Why should anyone assume we wouldn't otherwise get exactly the ending we got, with "good" Cap restored and the Avengers defeating Hydra?
    It's about what's Said and what's shown. Ewing did the exact same thing with ultimates. This is very simple to understand

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    It's about what's Said and what's shown. Ewing did the exact same thing with ultimates. This is very simple to understand
    It is very simple to understand. He said Cap won... and he did at the start of the story. He just didn't win at the end.

But the fact that he apparently convinced several people that they would win in the end even though I'm sure the vast majority of comic book fans saw the ending of Secret Empire a mile away (good Cap returning and the Avengers defeating Hydra) really shows that even in this day and age a bit of hype can go a long ways.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Rise sort of retconned things to where he had a vibranium suit with force push all along.

But I guess he just didn't bother wearing it all this time... for reasons.

Retcons... what can ya do?
    I basically thought Hudlin did it first when he retconned Wakanda to always be technologically advanced.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

With Wakanda, you can always just say "ceremonial reasons" and move on lol.

doesn't have to make sense!
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Even priests got torn fighting killmonger for hours with fists only

So clearly, T'challa has a button he keeps on the suit so it goes into cloth mode for dramatic fight reasons lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I basically thought Hudlin did it first when he retconned Wakanda to always be technologically advanced.
    Funny thing there is except for his fight with Killmonger, it honestly seemed to me at least like the suit he wore in Hudlins run was cloth too.

I suppose if we need an in-story explanation, we can simply use the same rationale he used in Hells Kitchen... he's testing himself by not utilizing the fancy suit to protect him. Doesn't entirely make sense, but retcons... what can ya do?

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Because the character has been so downgraded, there's nothing else to talk about?

Seriously, the last major feat BP had was _surrendering_.

At this point, I'm one series away from leaving comics completely. And that series doesn't have T'Challa in it.