Page 312 of 750 FirstFirst ... 212262302308309310311312313314315316322362412 ... LastLast
Results 4,666 to 4,680 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Eh I could see that but I’d rather see Shuri get a trilogy after T’Challa. By the time Boseman is done, audiences would’ve seen her grow across 3 BP movies, several Avengers films, and possibly her own show. She’s a great character in her own right and I hope that by the time T’Challa’s reign is over she has all the qualities of a Wakandan queen.
    Shuri can still get her movies as T'Challa's kid would be an infant around this time. This is setting up for further along in the future to keep BP relevant in the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    But for all the claims that black folks are not a monolith-we sure got folks fighting for that to be true.

Mainly black folks leading that charge.
    I don't think that's what everyone wants but that what gets the most hype(alot of white people watch them too) and the studios just keep churning that stuff it. Sort of like Tyler Perry. People complain about his movies but a lot of folks are watching them.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Eh I could see that but I’d rather see Shuri get a trilogy after T’Challa. By the time Boseman is done, audiences would’ve seen her grow across 3 BP movies, several Avengers films, and possibly her own show. She’s a great character in her own right and I hope that by the time T’Challa’s reign is over she has all the qualities of a Wakandan queen.
    if Shuri si queen, T'challa is dead (with no heir).

Throne only passes through death. BP mantle passes through age.

I don't think shuri needs to be BP. Shuri is Shuri in the MCU. and that is enough IMO.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Shuri can still get her movies as T'Challa's kid would be an infant around this time. This is setting up for further along in the future to keep BP relevant in the MCU.
    Gotcha, that’d be nice. If I were Disney I’d do everything in my power to get as many BP trilogies as possible lol.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

I don't think shuri needs to be BP. Shuri is Shuri in the MCU. and that is enough IMO.
    From what I remember there’s nothing to suggest a king can’t abdicate before he dies. At the end of BP3 or some film after it T’Challa could just say there are threats to Wakanda that require his full attention so he gives Shuri the throne and mantle. He goes all KOTD (which I’m sure will be better executed than in the comics) so he can still function while Shuri carries the baton.

I understand not liking the idea of Shuri becoming BP but I think narratively there’s nothing preventing that from happening later down the line. I’d be a bit letdown if the BP franchise doesn’t continue to be explored past T’Challa. I could live with the occasional cameo or whatever but I’d prefer for there to be BP-centric stories even if it’s not him.
    Last edited by chief12d; 07-14-2020 at 03:02 PM.

The title can be lost through combat. That's an avenue to directly or indirectly pass the mantle on without killing him.

But I would agree that Shuri only needs to be Shuri in the MCU while Boseman is around. If Boseman were to leave however, then Shuri would be the next logical person to take the role. She's a good option B if/when Boseman decides to step off the throne.

Man, idk what some of y'all love for the nothing sandwich King of the Dead. Even the name is stupid. He ain't Hades lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Well Knull is the King of Black and Black Bolt is the Midnight King.

So BP got stuck with King of the Dead. Could have been worse. They could have called him Lord of the Flies.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I don't think that's what everyone wants but that what gets the most hype(alot of white people watch them too) and the studios just keep churning that stuff it. Sort of like Tyler Perry. People complain about his movies but a lot of folks are watching them.
    The complaint with Tyler is the same with Coates.

You keep tossing out the same stuff that panders to a certain faction.

The same folks who flock to Tyler tend to be some of the same folks who will of the GREATEST gymnastics routines to not support something that doesn't pander.

Like Arcade and the Coin Slot Chronicles. A book starring a black boy. They will be the first to scream why is the black boy dark skinned. Why is he there-this needs to be about the light skinned sister.

Or Tyler in a role NOT playing Madea.

It gets down to all this crying about representation yet it has to come with previsions.

Not here is Black Panther and his empire. Here is Shuri and her foundation.

Instead it's give us Shuri and BLEEP her brother.

So Marvel is suppose to pander to this and get a million from only Shuri instead of MILLIONS from both.

It should not be an either or situation.

Astonishing Member

Man, idk what some of y'all love for the nothing sandwich King of the Dead. Even the name is stupid. He ain't Hades lol
    If we're being honest, Killmonger and Klaw weren't much to write home about in the comics and Coogler made it work. I'm confident after we see the MCU King of the Dead everyone here will be begging for those elements to be rolled into the comics lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Muad'Dib View Post
    yep, my bad! here is the correct reference image.

Coogler should ask how WWO dealt with the child-king’s rites-of-passage-training… surrounded by the best & brightest of all royal diplomats.

excerpts from WWO (AN X-MISS CAROL) Hell Spoon & M.L.Cage are the Past / Hindsight (ghosts) for TchALLAH’s childhood. man, crazy tech! do it like it's my duty. i swear

"demonstrate his King persona.." Q&A or review above statements.
    My Man, I look forward to the day Marvel gives you your shot at the comics.. the hyper tech of Wakanda on full display would be glorious

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    The complaint with Tyler is the same with Coates.

You keep tossing out the same stuff that panders to a certain faction.

The same folks who flock to Tyler tend to be some of the same folks who will of the GREATEST gymnastics routines to not support something that doesn't pander.

Like Arcade and the Coin Slot Chronicles. A book starring a black boy. They will be the first to scream why is the black boy dark skinned. Why is he there-this needs to be about the light skinned sister.

Or Tyler in a role NOT playing Madea.

It gets down to all this crying about representation yet it has to come with previsions.

Not here is Black Panther and his empire. Here is Shuri and her foundation.

Instead it's give us Shuri and BLEEP her brother.

So Marvel is suppose to pander to this and get a million from only Shuri instead of MILLIONS from both.

It should not be an either or situation.
    My Man, I can't tell you how much of black Twitter was on that bullisht,

Pre BP drop
    Some of Black Twitter: I want representation thats positive and isn't the Same old dysfunction we always get.

Post BP drop some of black Twitter- You know what would be cool? If T'Challa and Shuri go through drama and fight for the throne and she takes the. Mantle From him, also nakia turns into Malice and Storm drops into Wakanda to help save the day! Or the alternative you know it would be cool if the DM rebel like in Coates story and okoye abd Ayo get together and break away from the throne!

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Meanwhile, Coogler, without the help of ANY of the fans and ignoring almost ALL of the comics, made the most successful solo superhero film in HISTORY.

:smh:
    If you're referring to the first Black Panther film, I disagree with this. I don't think that movie ignored almost all of the comics. One of the things I loved is its ability to reference and blend different parts of continuity together seamlessly in a way that worked for a cohesive new whole. It felt like Hudlin meets McGregor meets Priest with some Lee and Kirby thrown in for good measure.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    If you're referring to the first Black Panther film, I disagree with this. I don't think that movie ignored almost all of the comics. One of the things I loved is its ability to reference and blend different parts of continuity together seamlessly in a way that worked for a cohesive new whole. It felt like Hudlin meets McGregor meets Priest with some Lee and Kirby thrown in for good measure.
    Yeah, the key to the MCU has never been them even coming close to trying exact translations of the source material. It's about capturing the spirit of the characters, which it does very well. They take the things which work, modify the things that don't, and leave us with something which does a pretty darn good job of capturing the feeling we get reading a comic on the big screen.

It's why I think the MCU movies as a whole work, while a lot of the DC Snyder movies, despite in some cases being solid moves on their own merits, don't quite hit the mark. MCU movies are unabashedly love letters to the comics by comic fans for comic fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Yes, but...

The actual STORY isn't an adaptation of Kirby, McGregor, Priest, or Hudlin. Other than some aesthetic choices and character backstories, I can't point to one thing that happened in the movie because "That's the way it happened in the comics". But nearly every prediction for the sequel uses a comic as a starting point.

Why do people expect Storm, Doom, or Namor to show up? Because it happened in the comics.
    Why do people think Shuri will become Black Panther? Because it happened in the comics.
    Why is M'Baku a villain? Becau... oh, wait.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Yes, but...

The actual STORY isn't an adaptation of Kirby, McGregor, Priest, or Hudlin. Other than some aesthetic choices and character backstories, I can't point to one thing that happened in the movie because "That's the way it happened in the comics". But nearly every prediction for the sequel uses a comic as a starting point.

Why do people expect Storm, Doom, or Namor to show up? Because it happened in the comics.
    Why do people think Shuri will become Black Panther? Because it happened in the comics.
    Why is M'Baku a villain? Becau... oh, wait.
    There are a few things. Killmonger beating Tchalla and throwing him off a water fall is a nod to the comics. Him beating Tchalla for the throne. It's by no means a direct translation, and there are a lot of differences. But you can see the connection to the source material.
    Last edited by XPac; 07-14-2020 at 07:32 PM.