Page 447 of 750 FirstFirst ... 347397437443444445446447448449450451457497547 ... LastLast
Results 6,691 to 6,705 of 11243
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    In issue #15 of the first run, Coates has someone report "It is said" that they were children of the elder gods (not necessarily Set & co.) "but not gods themselves".

In issue #167 (five issues later) the ever so mysterious "Mother" recounted that "heroes rose among them, and on faith, heroes ascended into gods" to defeat the Originators.

So, if we assume her account is trustworthy, all that was required was the faith of their followers. No divine heritage required.

(The rest of the story is equally insulting to Wakanda, but that's another rant.)
    Huh, I'd have to go look over the issues again but I think that Coates is implying the Orishas are children of Gaea (as they were before him retconning their upbringing) who accessed their divine heritage to ascend to full godhood. The way issue #15 is framed, it looks like the Orisha having divine blood was accepted by all, the dispute between their worshipers and the Elder Gods' was whether they were true gods in spite of that fact.

Not the most knowledgeable on how all that stuff works. Thus wouldn't it make sense the Orisha are originally referred to as "heroes" by the Wakandans of the deep past and present day who eventually become gods? They came to them as mortals of divine blood, not fully ascended beings. And I'm not sure Bast expected Killmonger to ascend on his own power, as I think they both knew he had come to steal her power. Wouldn't that give credence to the idea that only people with the blood of Elder Gods can ascend to godhood, as even though Killmonger had the faith of the empire's people he lacked the innate ability to transcend his mortal body.

Not saying it makes 100% sense though. Literally every god we've seen in Marvel was born with a divine body and soul, not born in human forms like the Orisha, so what made them different? How did gods with names from Nigeria to South Africa end up worshiped by a culture in East Africa like Wakanda? How was Storm able to ascend to godhood, exactly? Is one of her parents an Elder God or did Oshtur some how imprint a piece of her power onto Ororo's bloodline's DNA? How did a single symbiote manage to absorb most of Bast's power? These are basic questions we never got answers to.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    What is wild to me is that... black people love video games lol.

Why wouldn't you want to tap that market for all its worth???

I always thought $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ would be the great equalizer but I was wrong.
    We don't need to go down this rabbit hole again, but from now til the end of time I'll keep saying Marvel is leaving money on the table not doing a Black Panther game lol.

There's just enough material there for gifted developers to add a bit more lore while most of the gameplay mechanics have already been created and would just need to be fine-tuned. All it needs is a strong Wakanda-centric story and I think its guaranteed to make a profit.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    We don't need to go down this rabbit hole again, but from now til the end of time I'll keep saying Marvel is leaving money on the table not doing a Black Panther game lol.

There's just enough material there for gifted developers to add a bit more lore while most of the gameplay mechanics have already been created and would just need to be fine-tuned. All it needs is a strong Wakanda-centric story and I think its guaranteed to make a profit.
    I'm not into gaming like I used to be but I'd do a War of Kings game with these characters:

Black Panther -Wakanda
    Doom -Latveria
    Namor -Atlantis
    Scott/Jean or Emma? -Krakoa
    Black Bolt/Medusa -Attilan
    Viper/Gorgon - Madripoor

You can unlock these empires:
    Kree
    Skrulls
    Xandarians
    Spartax

They don't do too much in the ways of RTS games anymore which is my preference so someone who is more game knowledgeable than me can figure out the best format for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I'm not into gaming like I used to be but I'd do a War of Kings game with these characters:

Black Panther -Wakanda
    Doom -Latveria
    Namor -Atlantis
    Viper/Gorgon - Madripoor

Kree
    Skrulls
    Xandarians
    Spartax

They don't do too much in the ways of RTS games anymore which is my preference so someone who is more game knowledgeable than me can figure out the best format for this.
    Something like StarCraft?

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Something like StarCraft?
    Yeah, I just researched it, looks good, definitely an upgrade from the original. Something like that would be good.

I remember another game, Warzone 2100. That was the best, most intelligent RTS game I ever played.

Yeah, I just researched it, looks good, definitely an upgrade from the original. Something like that would be good.

I remember another game, Warzone 2100. That was the best, most intelligent RTS game I ever played.

StarCraft is big in Korea. There are competition circuits. This idea might be what Marvel needs for games. Krakoa and Inhumans might be difficult to create generic armies

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    StarCraft is big in Korea. There are competition circuits. This idea might be what Marvel needs for games. Krakoa and Inhumans might be difficult to create generic armies
    Yeah, that would be a problem trying to create an army with so many unique character powersets. You'd probably have to limit the number of characters for each. What the Inhumans and X-Men would lack in numbers they'd make up for in power.

The other groups basically would be creating hundreds of redshirts to get taken out, lol.

Huh, I'd have to go look over the issues again but I think that Coates is implying the Orishas are children of Gaea (as they were before him retconning their upbringing) who accessed their divine heritage to ascend to full godhood. The way issue #15 is framed, it looks like the Orisha having divine blood was accepted by all, the dispute between their worshipers and the Elder Gods' was whether they were true gods in spite of that fact.

Not the most knowledgeable on how all that stuff works. Thus wouldn't it make sense the Orisha are originally referred to as "heroes" by the Wakandans of the deep past and present day who eventually become gods? They came to them as mortals of divine blood, not fully ascended beings. And I'm not sure Bast expected Killmonger to ascend on his own power, as I think they both knew he had come to steal her power. Wouldn't that give credence to the idea that only people with the blood of Elder Gods can ascend to godhood, as even though Killmonger had the faith of the empire's people he lacked the innate ability to transcend his mortal body.

Not saying it makes 100% sense though. Literally every god we've seen in Marvel was born with a divine body and soul, not born in human forms like the Orisha, so what made them different? How did gods with names from Nigeria to South Africa end up worshiped by a culture in East Africa like Wakanda? How was Storm able to ascend to godhood, exactly? Is one of her parents an Elder God or did Oshtur some how imprint a piece of her power onto Ororo's bloodline's DNA? How did a single symbiote manage to absorb most of Bast's power? These are basic questions we never got answers to.
    I have two problems with the whole "Elder God" thing.

The first is the phrase "It is said". It's semantically equivalent to "people say", and tends to be used for rumors, legends, and Chuck Norris facts. =)

The other is the simple fact that a handful of issues later, Bast expected that N'Jadaka wanted to "shed his mortal coil" and become a god. At no time was it stated, suggested, or even hinted that he had divine heritage:

Or is having a Klyntar symbiote enough to make up for the lack? If that's the case, they are practically giving divinity away...

The simple fact that this was started back in S2 and there STILL isn't an answer for etf is going on with the Wakandan pantheon is more then telling of what an utter failure it is..

Black Panther -Wakanda
    Doom -Latveria
    Namor -Atlantis
    Viper/Gorgon - Madripoor

Kree
    Skrulls
    Xandarians
    Spartax

If be down for something like this. I love rts games

Get Hectic!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    To do images do [ IMG ] whatever the image is [/ IMG ] and just take out the spaces. But I agree, he could of went maskless at least. I prefer the eyes to glow lol
    Although I did like them glowing in that bluish hue on Hickman's New Avengers run. For me, the Ultimates gave the absolute best rendition of the eye glow with this Rocafort gem
    20200907082118.jpg
    Last edited by VantaBlack; 09-07-2020 at 02:09 AM.

BANNED

Ha ha it worked! (thanks for the tip Ezyo1000)

Can't even get BP in base games without a DLC

AAA game is a pipe dream
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Does it really need to be set in Wakanda though?

I was thinking of a BP video game based on "The Client' story arc with new elements, enemies integrated into the game which would also include the Wakandan embassy and Outreach centres around the city serving as safehouses/hubs.