Page 419 of 750 FirstFirst ... 319369409415416417418419420421422423429469519 ... LastLast
Results 6,271 to 6,285 of 11243

XJLock don't post spoilers on the same day the book comes out man. Some people (not me) actually do like to read stuff without being spoiled
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Well we know it won't be the former storm trooper Finn in that suit-he just told Disney off in UK GQ magazine.
    Also, Daisy Ridley said that she has had trouble finding work. I guess Adam Driver is the only person out of the three whose career those movies didn't destroy. Just like the original trilogy!
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    XJLock don't post spoilers on the same day the book comes out man. Some people (not me) actually do like to read stuff without being spoiled
    As you wish. It will not happen again next time.
    Last edited by XJlock; 09-02-2020 at 11:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by XJlock View Post
    As you wish. It will not happen again next time.
    Don't want you to get banned my man

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

So someone catch me up on Swordsman (or is it fake Swordsman? man idk lol)

I mean... dude's name is Swordsman... so he's a sword pro right?

How impressed should I be by Empyre 6 lol?

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    am I the only one that finds it incredibly annoying how much people are trying to push Shuri taking over as the easier option? Like they are glossing over thebfact thst nothing has been set up that, they talk about fan outcry for a new actor and then say nothing about Shuri taking over other than it happened on the comics? They don't say how that could be disrespectful to T'Chadwicks hard work, how killing T'Challa on screen can have negative effects, how difficult it will be to rewrite that into play after zero prep for it??

They are trying to open people up to the idea when it's very much not the best option

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    am I the only one that finds it incredibly annoying how much people are trying to push Shuri taking over as the easier option? Like they are glossing over thebfact thst nothing has been set up that, they talk about fan outcry for a new actor and then say nothing about Shuri taking over other than it happened on the comics? They don't say how that could be disrespectful to T'Chadwicks hard work, how killing T'Challa on screen can have negative effects, how difficult it will be to rewrite that into play after zero prep for it??

They are trying to open people up to the idea when it's very much not the best option
    not to mentioned Coogler would have to completely throw out his script and start over.

Plus it would redo some of the plot point sof movie one. Instead of "how to live up to my dad" it would be "how to live up to my brother"

not to mention, Shuri ain't winning no tribal challenge. And we know that is required from the movies. brother was dead and they didn't even bother offering her the herb in the first movie.

And what do you do with Nakia?? She was T'challa love interest and moral compass. Now she becomes.... ???

What do you do with W'kabi??? Dude is too good of an actor to just right off.

This event was stupid

But

I call this a win for Panther Fans. You can tell Ewing wrote it, called back to his own canon.
    Ha ha yeah that was a lame event. Too bad AoW was cancelled, it would of been cool to see the Panther Gundam

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post

"It happened in the comics, therefore it has to happen in the movies!" -Twitter probably. Marvel brought it on themselves with all this blasted synergy. It's a good thing social media doesn't have the sway it thinks it does. They're ignoring the fact that Shuri does NOT want to be the Black Panther, at all. Nakia was offered the last Heart Shaped Herb before going to M'baku. At last they won't do something stupid like bring Kilmonger back.

not to mentioned Coogler would have to completely throw out his script and start over.

Plus it would redo some of the plot point sof movie one. Instead of "how to live up to my dad" it would be "how to live up to my brother"

not to mention, Shuri ain't winning no tribal challenge. And we know that is required from the movies. brother was dead and they didn't even bother offering her the herb in the first movie.

And what do you do with Nakia?? She was T'challa love interest and moral compass. Now she becomes.... ???

What do you do with W'kabi??? Dude is too good of an actor to just right off.
    "B-but no one can replace Chadwick!" Its not about replacing Chadwick, it's about honoring his legacy and what he brought to the world. Find someone who has a passion like T'Chadwick and wants to live their life in the same manner. Dude inspired do many people, even the people he worked on BP with. MBJ and Cooglers tributes being especially eye opening. Find someone who wants to continue that and HONOR T'CHADWICKS WORK. That will go a hell of a lot further than "because it happened in the comics"

Incredible Member Marvel Forever's Avatar

I wonder if the untimely death of Chadwick will create a wave of affection for the Black Panther comic character and maybe cause Marvel to increase his prominence in the comics?

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel Forever View Post
    I wonder if the untimely death of Chadwick will create a wave of affection for the Black Panther comic character and maybe cause Marvel to increase his prominence in the comics?
    Doubtful.

If the third highest domestic movie of all time won't do it, death won't either.

They are ultimately a business. Money is what talks.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel Forever View Post
    Like with most things nowadays it depends on the MCU. The comics stopped being the driving force for these characters years ago. If T'Challa isn't recast and Shuri or M'Baku take the throne in the movies T'Challa very likely gets phased out at least for a few years to build up a catalog of stories for his replacement. So if anything Boseman's tragic passing could be the justification Marvel needed to deemphasize T'Challa in the comics.

But if there is a recast and the films become even more successful I could definitely see T'Challa getting a proportional push in the comics. But at that point you need to consider if the push will be good. After the success of the debut in 2016 and in the wake of his solo film, Marvel pushed out several Black Panther mini series, but with the exception of Rise of the Black Panther and Killmonger (I think) sales were insanely weak. The Crew, World of Wakanda, Shuri, those crossovers with the X-Men and Spider-Man didn't do particularly well.

Though some, like World of Wakanda, overperformed in trades and digital, at least initially. A lot of it has to do with the so-so quality of these books or the overly political content that made them dead on arrival (namely the Crew and World of Wakanda). But with the main BP scribe about to get off the book, I think there'll be a less controversial direction going forward.

Best case scenario, T'Challa is recast and Black Panther 2 does as good if not better than the first film financially. Meaning we continue to get stuff like T'Challa leading the Avengers and being central to events like Empyre (quality notwithstanding). Worst case is Shuri or Killmonger take the role, the film underperforms, and T'Challa goes the way of Ant-Man, relegated to minis and team books with little in the way of in-universe relevance.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Like with most things nowadays it depends on the MCU. The comics stopped being the driving force for these characters years ago. If T'Challa isn't recast and Shuri or M'Baku take the throne in the movies T'Challa very likely gets phased out at least for a few years to build up a catalog of stories for his replacement. So if anything Boseman's tragic passing could be the justification Marvel needed to deemphasize T'Challa in the comics.

But if there is a recast and the films become even more successful I could definitely see T'Challa getting a proportional push in the comics. But at that point you need to consider if the push will be good. After the success of the debut in 2016 and in the wake of his solo film, Marvel pushed out several Black Panther mini series, but with the exception of Rise of the Black Panther and Killmonger (I think) sales were insanely weak. The Crew, World of Wakanda, Shuri, those crossovers with the X-Men and Spider-Man didn't do particularly well.

Though some, like World of Wakanda, overperformed in trades and digital, at least initially. A lot of it has to do with the so-so quality of these books or the overly political content that made them dead on arrival (namely the Crew and World of Wakanda). But with the main BP scribe about to get off the book, I think there'll be a less controversial direction going forward.

Best case scenario, T'Challa is recast and Black Panther 2 does as good if not better than the first film financially. Meaning we continue to get stuff like T'Challa leading the Avengers and being central to events like Empyre (quality notwithstanding). Worst case is Shuri or Killmonger take the role, the film underperforms, and T'Challa goes the way of Ant-Man, relegated to minis and team books with little in the way of in-universe relevance.
    mild correction

WoW sold great initially due to hype but crashed pretty hard. But pure average, did "good." But kinda like Coates, it was held up by selling extremely well to begin with.

RoBP did sell damn good for a random mini, staying above "cancellation" zone the whole time. It had an audience and kept it.

BPvs DP did well.

The rest bombed pretty bad.

http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...ch/label/Sales

So someone catch me up on Swordsman (or is it fake Swordsman? man idk lol)

I mean... dude's name is Swordsman... so he's a sword pro right?

How impressed should I be by Empyre 6 lol?
    I found more info looking up Mantis on wiki. Looks like she dated original Swordsman, he died, his corpse gets re-animated by a member of the alien species Coati (sp?), they then have a child together, the boy in the photos XJlock posted.

Very weird, "they're smoking something but its kinda good" stuff. I wonder if some of this is to settle dangling plot threads (the fate of Mantis's son, whatever happened to Fake Swordsman, etc).