Page 311 of 750 FirstFirst ... 211261301307308309310311312313314315321361411 ... LastLast
Results 4,651 to 4,665 of 11243
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I'd bring in Kasper Kole.
    That works too. The MCU iteration could be some sort of SHIELD/SWORD agent which could make for a good starcrossed lovers thing. I still think the comics are messing up by not having her date one of M'Baku's younger brothers, that's a minefield of drama for T'Challa to deal with lol.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    There were folks ready to boycott the first movie if black women didn't do anything in the film. Along with another group wanting to boycott because of who MBJ dates. Same group who wants Miles Morales's voice guy to be replaced because he doesn't support a certain movement. Same group who wanted Lucas gone from Stranger Thing. So his sister could take his place.

As for the cherry pickers who want to cherry pick canon in comics. If they want cannon so bad where were they when these movies started?

I don't remember seeing Black Panther in a Fantastic Four movie since that is where he was first introduced.

The first X-Men were all WHITE not with Logan and Storm nor younger versions of Iceman.

Why is this the one franchise where folks are screaming he got to GO?

Where are these calls for black woman in the suit with Cap America, Thor and even Spider-man? Miles has a little sister now. Danielle Cage has been Thor and Cap America.

Is hate to see a black man successful that strong because he is not bouncing a ball or drug dealing?
    Black Panther in many ways is the Marvel franchise with the most riding on it. Feminists, pro-blacks, white nerds, mainstream America, etc. A lot of demographics to please that most heroes don't have to be as sensitive to. On one hand it's free press and thus more money. But there are obvious pitfalls like review bombing, stupid boycotts, etc. Tensions get high when the movie is discussed, which is why I think the key is Coogler and Disney telling good stories with the character.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    There were folks ready to boycott the first movie if black women didn't do anything in the film. Along with another group wanting to boycott because of who MBJ dates. Same group who wants Miles Morales's voice guy to be replaced because he doesn't support a certain movement. Same group who wanted Lucas gone from Stranger Thing. So his sister could take his place.

As for the cherry pickers who want to cherry pick canon in comics. If they want cannon so bad where were they when these movies started?

I don't remember seeing Black Panther in a Fantastic Four movie since that is where he was first introduced.

The first X-Men were all WHITE not with Logan and Storm nor younger versions of Iceman.

Why is this the one franchise where folks are screaming he got to GO?

Where are these calls for black woman in the suit with Cap America, Thor and even Spider-man? Miles has a little sister now. Danielle Cage has been Thor and Cap America.

Is hate to see a black man successful that strong because he is not bouncing a ball or drug dealing?
    It's that mentality for some. Some people are hooked on The Wire, Empire, Power etc. that it's what they want to see most if not all of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    That works too. The MCU iteration could be some sort of SHIELD/SWORD agent which could make for a good starcrossed lovers thing. I still think the comics are messing up by not having her date one of M'Baku's younger brothers, that's a minefield of drama for T'Challa to deal with lol.

I was thinking the same thing(SHIELD/SWORD) or a cop like in the comics. Especially since they are setting up in Oakland, that would be a reason that Shuri is spending a lot of time in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I believe the MCU version of Shuri was only like 16. Next time we see her, she'll be a couple years older but I'm still not sure an adult SHIELD agent works with someone that young.

I do think the notion of star crossed lovers works very well for her though. She's a princess, so there's a LOT of backage attatched to who she dates. I do think we'll be getting a younger generation of heroes coming down the line, so there are potential options there. And a version of Kasper Cole could work there.

BANNED

Does anyone here NOT know my agenda or the campaign? I WANT THE CROWN!

I want the given opportunity to create a BP series. Props to RJ & RH but… they did not draft the billion dollar block-buster BP movie. Coogler did not either. I did! MUAD’DIB!

I have reached out to (fill in the blank) several times to have my campaign requests reviewed. I ask any real BP fan to review my BP catalog & dispute any statement I’ve made about the WWO contributions to the “new era” BP. I deserve the opportunity. I will continue to promote the same campaign.

Documentation defeats argumentation!

Time for marvel to address the subject of inclusion & collusion. One is illegal the other should be illegal.
    Give me what I have been neglected from. I will not stop until the goal is achieved or justice is served. An army of individuals created a very successful BP movie but only one person drafted the blue-print… MUAD”DIB

BP is still mine. BP2 will not be as creative as the WWO (Wu-kandan World Order) Reluctant Gods. I challenge the entire BP production studio/team to match WWO. I will wait to post the new pages until they drop the first BP2 promo. I wouldn’t want them to steal anymore of my concepts. The BP influencer. They are so far behind… they could never reach what’s about to hit them.

Friendly reminders of why I already earned the job title….

Wu-kanda Forever! Muad'Dib

WWO character "Zeta" pre-dates (in 2014) BP film character. it's not about being first! it's about being right!

Nakia from Marvel Studios Black Panther has a similar silhouette, tech & story-line...

Nakia: royality, spy, love interest

Emperess Zeta: royality, space pirate, love interest

i could go on & on...

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Technically isnt T'Chadwick in his early 30s in the MCU? I know he's in his early 40s in real life, but in BP (deleted scenes) he's just a young boy when his father killed N'Jobu.

The Blip means the character didnt age either.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

So while trying to find something concrete about his age I found this baity article. Seems like they are suggesting it more than a reality. Just taking old Coogler quotes and creating a story.

In late 2018, Coogler signed with Marvel to direct and write Black Panther 2. However, he stated that he and his team intentionally not working on the script right now. Because they wanted to create more elements for their Wakanda King. In an interview, Coogler stated that currently, they are struggling to portray T’Challa’s character.

Since he was a teen when he claimed as King in the comic. While in the MCU, he’s a mature man. So, they are currently trying to figure out how to demonstrate his King persona, which would be quite different from what the audience had read.

He said: “What I struggled with first is the difference between T’Challa in the MCU vs. T’Challa in the comic books. And I always believe that the differences lie in how old T’Challa was when he lost his father.” Coogler added that in the comic book, he’s very young when T’Chaka (his father) is killed. However, in the MCU, he’s a man, so those are two different things. In the book, he was a child king who got his throne when he was very young.

He continued: “So when you meet him. You know you are dealing with a guy who’s thirty-four years old who’s been a king for a long time. So he has a different sort of poise and confidence in his position. Whereas, in our film, that character is just settling in. So, I’d be interested to see what kind of King he is with experience. And how that affects his performance in the stories.”
    https://www.techradar247.com/2020/07...lease-in-2022/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    So while trying to find something concrete about his age I found this baity article. Seems like they are suggesting it more than a reality. Just taking old Coogler quotes and creating a story.

Definitely looks like the writer has an agenda, but I don't think Coogler's wrong for his outlook so I'm not worried. At least he makes clear he wants the character to evolve as he grows into his position. T'Chaka's death was a major catalyst for T'Challa becoming who he was in the comics and now that MCU T'Challa has put that issue to rest and decided what kind of king he wants to be, I'm sure we'll get more of that Priest/Hudlin BP.

I was thinking the same thing(SHIELD/SWORD) or a cop like in the comics. Especially since they are setting up in Oakland, that would be a reason that Shuri is spending a lot of time in the US.
    Makes sense, though if we're being entirely honest making him a cop may be a bit controversial in the current climate. Either way they'd probably have to end up getting together towards the end of the trilogy anyway, as like XPac said she's only 16 now. But I like Kaspar a lot and hope that he still gets introduced in any capacity in BP2.
    Last edited by chief12d; 07-13-2020 at 07:19 PM.

BANNED

Find the torch barriers. They have no devised agenda & care nothing for cursed politics. I grow weary but endure for our beloved hero.

The journey of a pirate… I’m the captain now!

Coogler should ask how WWO dealt with the child-king’s rites-of-passage-training… surrounded by the best & brightest of all royal diplomats.

Black Panther 2: Ryan Coogler Struggling To Bring More Elements, Release In 2022

Really n!@@a? word? Struggle? Need some time? Whuuut? Pardon my rude bwoy stylin’! this ish is frustrating!

Coogler, just ask Muad’Dib? From one BP creator to another. Where are they? Where can they be? Not-cool…

I prepared a table…

(DM costume design) really?

do the math. some say nothing ever changes. WWO has not changed & yet BP has changed so much in such a short....

if there was one treasure a pirate wanted... if the crown was real... who would bare the title... of king? more importantly- who would compete? Coogler vs. Muad'Dib!

BTW this is called diplomacy. it may appear otherwise

BANNED

yep, my bad! here is the correct reference image.

Coogler should ask how WWO dealt with the child-king’s rites-of-passage-training… surrounded by the best & brightest of all royal diplomats.

excerpts from WWO (AN X-MISS CAROL) Hell Spoon & M.L.Cage are the Past / Hindsight (ghosts) for TchALLAH’s childhood. man, crazy tech! do it like it's my duty. i swear

"demonstrate his King persona.." Q&A or review above statements.

Do I need to repost my "everyone knows" rant?

Seriously, the sheer number of never-beens posting what Feige or Coogler either have to do or are most certainly GOING to do is insane.

"Doom's the villain! No, Namor! It will introduce Storm! Shuri will become Panther! Nakia will become Malice! M'Baku will become evil! Wakanda will be destroyed! Just look at the comics!"

Meanwhile, Coogler, without the help of ANY of the fans and ignoring almost ALL of the comics, made the most successful solo superhero film in HISTORY.

:smh:

Ultimate Member

It's that mentality for some. Some people are hooked on The Wire, Empire, Power etc. that it's what they want to see most if not all of the time.
    But for all the claims that black folks are not a monolith-we sure got folks fighting for that to be true.

Mainly black folks leading that charge.

If Marvel really wants to do something and extend the BP films then give T'Challa a child in the last movie of the trilogy.

Astonishing Member

If Marvel really wants to do something and extend the BP films then give T'Challa a child in the last movie of the trilogy.
    Eh I could see that but I’d rather see Shuri get a trilogy after T’Challa. By the time Boseman is done, audiences would’ve seen her grow across 3 BP movies, several Avengers films, and possibly her own show. She’s a great character in her own right and I hope that by the time T’Challa’s reign is over she has all the qualities of a Wakandan queen.