Page 92 of 750 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102142192592 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    Just saw this......

What are your thoughts? Link below contains an article with more information.

https://www.cbr.com/marvel-realm-of-...om-of-wakanda/

Is there some truth to T'Challa being replaced in the MCU?

[IMG] Attachment 93073 [/IMG]
    Shuri sounds like Daisy Lightfoot so this might be the closest she gets to playing Black Panther Shuri.

[QUOTE=Overhazard;4832580]
    Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post

What really gets me is that Wonder Woman did the exact same thing. Patty Jenkins could have easily had Steve Trevor be a misogynist or an incapable moron so that Diana would look better by comparison, but I guess her thinking was "Diana wouldn't fall in love with a man like that." So he wasn't written that way, which was really nice.

A quote of Coates's that comes to mind is "Subverting Black Male Machismo" I think by portraying T'challa this way, Coates thinks he's showing black men and boys that it's okay to be vulnerable and listen to the women around you, which are good things, but it comes at the expense of his capabilities, its possible to be vulnerable and be good at your job, why do so many creative types think it's either or? Do they even go outside or spend all day fighting on twitter?
    The black panther Solo already did what you just said. T'Challa was shown to be vulnerable and be good at his job, the women were able to give him advice and help him without coming off condescending or talking down to him.

Coates on the other hand, thinks talking down, and having T'Challa roll over and cave because the character is a woman as deep and empowering story telling, which it actually has an opposite effect. Be takes fault away from the female characters and places it on T'Challa and it gives off the impression that they are without fault or they can do whatever they want without consequence and in todays world, where more than ever people don't want to take ownership or responsibility for their actions, just feeds into it

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Wouldn't it be nice if there was an issue entirely dedicated to T'Challa that showed him kicking ass without any shade being thrown at him, his ancestors, or Wakanda? This thing with the djahlia is like an idea I had years ago that would be a fun story but I have a feeling the monkeys paw in going to be involved

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Wouldn't it be nice if there was an issue entirely dedicated to T'Challa that showed him kicking ass without any shade being thrown at him, his ancestors, or Wakanda? This thing with the djahlia is like an idea I had years ago that would be a fun story but I have a feeling the monkeys paw in going to be involved
    Ohh, you forget.....Black Panther fans need to have dreary depressing stories which show T'Challa as incompetent and irresponsible so the comic can be plausible
    Last edited by Vibranium Weave; 02-14-2020 at 09:16 AM.

I wonder if this is the only page T'Challa is in ijn this comic lol

You can bet there will be a page or two of them reminding T'Challa how much of a failure he is.

You can bet there will be a page or two of them reminding T'Challa how much of a failure he is.
    That's true...I forgot about that

But at least the AoW story showed him as competent and a leader.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

oooh this looks good. where you get this??
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    oooh this looks good. where you get this??
    Coates' Instagram. He sometimes post pages from upcoming issues on there.

https://mcucosmic.com/2020/02/14/bla...-in-australia/

The filming of Phase 4 of the MCU is taking on a very international form with major movies in the Phase being filmed all over the world. While the Disney+ series are mostly being filmed in Atlanta where many of the movies were done, movies such as Black Widow and The Eternals were based out of Pinewood Studios UK, while Shang-Chi and Thor: Love and Thunder are filming at Fox Studios in Australia.

Now another Marvel movie appears to be joining Shang-Chi and Thor down under. According to early production information being distributed; Black Panther 2 appears to be using the same studios next Spring between March and June. I should stress that early production info like this, more than a year in advance, is sometimes iffy on locations so it could change. But right now it seems like Black Panther 2 would move in right as Thor: Love and Thunder is finishing up.

That’s not to say it’ll film there exclusively, as HN Entertainment found last August that at least some of Black Panther 2 will also film in the US. That’s similar to Shang-Chi which is filming in Australia but is slated to come to the US for some filming in San Francisco.

Australia does have some good location advantages for a movie set in Africa as there are a lot of places there that can easily double for the country better than a park in Atlanta with a green screen. A coastal location like Australia could also support rumors that Namor would be the villain in the film.

So it would make a lot of sense if they end up filming there, but again this information is coming out more than a year before filming is supposed to begin; so it could change in the next twelve months.

So poignant, a representation of the real fans administration of a mercy killing due to gross ineptitude of the current solo book author!

So poignant, a representation of the real fans administration of a mercy killing due to gross ineptitude of the current solo book author!
    Yes, end the travesty now! Kill the pretender and get the real Panther back in his own book.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Yes, end the travesty now! Kill the pretender and get the real Panther back in his own book.
    Yo, I just looked at the pic again. Dude that's a female about to take our boy's skully!!! The metaphor is just too damn fun to me!!!! I salute Coates for he is the true lord of antimale F-ery!!!

Yo, I just looked at the pic again. Dude that's a female about to take our boy's skully!!! The metaphor is just too damn fun to me!!!! I salute Coates for he is the true lord of antimale F-ery!!!
    Hey, No One Man remember?