Page 565 of 750 FirstFirst ... 65465515555561562563564565566567568569575615665 ... LastLast
Results 8,461 to 8,475 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    You mean lucky. Cates is writing the hell out of Thor.
    I would look forward to the inevitable "Panther God gets defeated by Knull" arc, then. :|

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    I would look forward to the inevitable "Panther God gets defeated by Knull" arc, then. :|
    Knulls symbiote powers partly come from a Celestial. Means he has the means to kill gods. And if Bast is going to be as useless as Mayberry, Hickman, and Coates wrote her, than like Worf said, "We killed our gods ages ago, they were more trouble than they were worth". lol

Bast already did fairly poorly against a symbiote in Coates run. She likely won't want a piece of the action in the Knull arc anymore than she wanted a piece of the action in Hickman run.

I think Bast is one of the few gods in marvel who is smart enough to realize the best way to retain your godly mystique is to simply HIDE and stay out of the fighting. Gods stop feeling like gods after getting their behinds handed to them a couple times. As long as you don't fight, you can't lose. She just needs to look over at Khonshu in Avengers to reaffirm that lesson.

You mean lucky. Cates is writing the hell out of Thor.
    Cates is the new Remender imo

And I loved the books I liked from Remender and hated the ones I didn't like.

Same for Cates with me.

I'd give him a shot with Panther. At least he writes comic books lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Not for people on Twitter he doesn't, and that's who Marvel increasingly is getting their narrative cues from. That's why we're far more likely to get a Roxane Gay or Vita Ayala on the next solo than Jason Aaron or Redjack.

The types of BP writers that journalists and social media are going to heap Marvel with praise for generally see T'Challa as more of a vehicle for their politics and female side characters than a solo franchise unto himself. So my concern going forward is if Marvel will continue to put "literary" black writers like Coates on the BP books or are they gonna go with seasoned professionals of any race.

One would think Narcisse's Rise mini would go to show what strong T'Challa-centric storytelling can do commercially but then again WoW did well on digital and received more acclaim from the press. We'll see what happens but like I've said I think we're gonna see a trend of BP writers who don't truly like the character getting their shot at his books. They just won't get runs as long as Coates lol.
    I think Aaron is still considered a Twitter darling his Thor run and how he writes She-Hulk, divisive as those choices are.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 10-15-2020 at 06:47 AM.

I'll be blunt. A couple of minis aside, I'm through with comics, and the way the pandemic is going, I don't expect BP2 any time real soon.

The only reason I'm still here is the friends I've made....

I'll be blunt. A couple of minis aside, I'm through with comics, and the way the pandemic is going, I don't expect BP2 any time real soon.

The only reason I'm still here is the friends I've made....

Dude .

I'd like to see Chip Zdarsky get a shot at BP. Cates would be fine too.

Knulls symbiote powers partly come from a Celestial. Means he has the means to kill gods. And if Bast is going to be as useless as Mayberry, Hickman, and Coates wrote her, than like Worf said, "We killed our gods ages ago, they were more trouble than they were worth". lol
    Swap out Bast for Crom. At least you know where you stand with him.

CONAN is discussing religion and belief with Belit, the Pirate Queen and his lover. She asks him about his own gods,

"Their chief is CROM. He dwells on a great mountain. What use to call on him? Little he cares if men live or die. Better to be silent than to call his attention to you; he will send dooms, not fortune. He is grim and loveless, but at birth he breathes power to strive and slay into a man's soul. What else shall men ask of gods?"
    And sometimes he does come thru in a pinch:

Mighty Member

Bast is a feline. Unless she's eating, she's sleeping. At least that's the way I try to look at it. I don't really want any story lines explaining her away, anyway. Keep the focus on T'Challa.
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

So, John Riddley will be making his debut on Marvel comics this january with a Wolverine story, and Marvel said they will be working with him on the future. I was thinking, maybe is Black Panther?

He fits with what Marvel is probably looking for: he is black, famous, have a fan base and won a Oscar. And better than most, he actually have experience writing comics. Plus he will be coming hot from The Other History of the DC Universe and the Batman comic he will do.

I just can't think of another name that would fit the "high profile with a name outside comics" that Marvel is most likely looking to take over BP, maybe just N.K.Nemisin.

That was some underrated acting by Arnold.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    So, John Riddley will be making his debut on Marvel comics this january with a Wolverine story, and Marvel said they will be working with him on the future. I was thinking, maybe is Black Panther?

He fits with what Marvel is probably looking for: he is black, famous, have a fan base and won a Oscar. And better than most, he actually have experience writing comics. Plus he will be coming hot from The Other History of the DC Universe and the Batman comic he will do.

I just can't think of another name that would fit the "high profile with a name outside comics" that Marvel is most likely looking to take over BP, maybe just N.K.Nemisin.
    I thought he was doing Luke Fox as Batman. It was supposed to be an ongoing, but with Dido gone and Covid, it got turned into a mini.

I thought he was doing Luke Fox as Batman. It was supposed to be an ongoing, but with Dido gone and Covid, it got turned into a mini.
    I was expecting a least a 6 issues mini, but anyway, DC's lost could be BP gain, if Marvel go for Riddley. The man is good.

I was expecting a least a 6 issues mini, but anyway, DC's lost could be BP gain, if Marvel go for Riddley. The man is good.
    If Bitter Root hadn't beat him to it, I'd like to see his good movies as MU variant covers.

Yep I could see him getting the book. Wonder if Marvel would want him to sign an exclusive contract though? Could be he’ll be writing at both DC and Marvel, Taylor manages to do that.