Page 44 of 750 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494144544 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I really hope the djalia isnt destroyed. I believe in tchalla to figure out how to save everyone.
    Nah, go ahead and nuke that ****. Nothing good has come out of it just like nothing good has come out of this sham of a run.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Nah, go ahead and nuke that ****. Nothing good has come out of it just like nothing good has come out of this sham of a run.
    Yup! In the words of Killmonger, " Burn it all!!!" lol

Quote Originally Posted by RDMXV View Post
    I've been really loving this book lately man. I'm going to always read BP because he's my favorite character but now this is def my favorite book. It did take a few seasons but now it feels like BP could go on for a while at this level and id be completely elated.

I'm curious what comes from the Djalia stuff, I must admit I love those moments alot. I thought it was interesting his father saying I would have taught you so much more than being the master strategist because you can't predict everything. Hopefully that hints at him getting some noticeable growth (or new abilities we always love those).

It's a high chance Killmonger comes out of this stronger than he's ever been before as well.
    If nothing else comes out of this story, I think what we need most is an upgraded Killmonger.

His entire gimmick revolves around T'Challa never being able to beat him, but that's harder to pull off when he's the underdog on paper. Upgrading him so he's at least as powerful if not more powerful than T'Challa helps him a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by XJlock View Post
    It is a shame that such phrase has been uttered since we are talking about this man:

Anyway, Coates' current characterization of the Panther Goddess Bast is unappealing to me in contrast to how some of the other writers perceived her in their writing.

Honestly I think it would be difficult to come up with a likable version of Bast after she basically bailed on Wakanda in AvX and Time Runs Out. She knew all that stuff was coming, gave T'Challa a minor power up, and basically left Wakanda to fend for itself even when Thanos set up shop in her living room.

SHuri calling Bast on all of that was probably my favorite part of this months book.

Quote Originally Posted by XJlock View Post

Anyway, Coates' current characterization of the Panther Goddess Bast is unappealing to me in contrast to how some of the other writers perceived her in their writing.
    Remember when she, you know, felt like a God?

Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    It really been 4yrs hasn't it
    98% of Panther Fans: Bast please make it stop.

1% of Panther Fans: Coates continues to write a excellent book for XYZ reasons (which is fair, people can like what they like)

1% of Panther Trolls: pick one thing in the issue to comment on about how it is great to get the biggest rise out of people and pray they reply to me so I can keep it going.

Storm Fans Who Hang Out Here: Was Storm called a Goddess? If so, comment about how great the issue is. If not, ignore the issue.

****'s been on repeat for awhile now.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    This is what I would have preferred for the fight, that she just overwhelmed BP because she's vastly stronger. But, I guess we would complain that the force push should have kicked in lol.
    Naw because the suit has been shown to have an upper limit.

Between her strength, speed, and energy blasts... she could have hit that upper limit.

I have literally no problem with T'challa losing against Carol. She is a powerhouse with no exploitable weakness, especially if T'challa didn't know it was her.

Just make it legit. If you can't make it legit, then don't use the damn character. It is simple.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Naw because the suit has been shown to have an upper limit.

Between her strength, speed, and energy blasts... she could have hit that upper limit.

I have literally no problem with T'challa losing against Carol. She is a powerhouse with no exploitable weakness, especially if T'challa didn't know it was her.

Just make it legit. If you can't make it legit, then don't use the damn character. It is simple.
    I agree that Carol should have just overwhelmed T'Challa with her powers, since T'Challa was not prepared for her because he didn't know it was her.

I am not a fan of the suit being able to have upper limits that cause it to explode. That was ridiculous that Coates added that to the suit. I shouldn't be surprised due to Coates agenda ( I mean even death battle included it as a weakness of T'Challa suit). I would just prefer that the suit would some how release excess energy like a pressure relief valve and allow it to dissipate, instead of T'Challa running around wearing, for all intents and purposes, a BOMB. I mean is he the new Nitro lol. That's a HUGE design flaw.

But for the most part I agree with what you have said.

I agree that Carol should have just overwhelmed T'Challa with her powers, since T'Challa was not prepared for her because he didn't know it was her.

I am not a fan of the suit being able to have upper limits that cause it to explode. That was ridiculous that Coates added that to the suit. I shouldn't be surprised due to Coates agenda ( I mean even death battle included it as a weakness of T'Challa suit). I would just prefer that the suit would some how release excess energy like a pressure relief valve and allow it to dissipate, instead of T'Challa running around wearing, for all intents and purposes, a BOMB. I mean is he the new Nitro lol. That's a HUGE design flaw.

Ewing had T'challa's suit have an upper limit without exploding when Hulk knocked the **** out of him.

That's the point of the force push, to unleash the pent up energy stored within the suit so that it doesnt overload the suit so that it won't get destroyed. You'd think Coates would know that. At least Coogler seem to realize that which seems to be why the suit detonates after T'Challa take a certain amount of heavy hits.

Having an upper limit is a common trait for that ability, and power absorbtion in general. One of the means of beating Shaw and Strong Guy is to overload them.

You want limits. You don't want say the Hulk or Thor pounding away at T'Challa with no effect. Everything should have a limit.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Is that Ken Lashley?
    All I know is that he was involved with the second image presented in my post.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Remember when she, you know, felt like a God?

I do, but now we deal with a pretender to her former splendor.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Honestly I think it would be difficult to come up with a likable version of Bast after she basically bailed on Wakanda in AvX and Time Runs Out. She knew all that stuff was coming, gave T'Challa a minor power up, and basically left Wakanda to fend for itself even when Thanos set up shop in her living room.

SHuri calling Bast on all of that was probably my favorite part of this months book.
    Being likable or not is not my issue. I simply do not like that she act like a child instead of an adult with lifetime of experience because now it would seem that inhabiting that little girl's body regressed her mental state.

Having an upper limit is a common trait for that ability, and power absorbtion in general. One of the means of beating Shaw and Strong Guy is to overload them.

You want limits. You don't want say the Hulk or Thor pounding away at T'Challa with no effect. Everything should have a limit.
    If you read my original quote, I said you can have an upper limit without the suit exploding. Furthermore, every character does not have an upper limit in regards to abilities. The madder Hulk gets the stronger he gets, he doesn't explode. Carol Danvers doesn't explode the more energy she absorbs, nor Rogue.

The energy, IMO, should dissipate. The suit should have an internal relief valve. Can you imagine if someone like Luke Cage or Superman could explode if you hit them to much? Or it that happened to Iron Man/Tony Stark?

Big design flaw for one of the smartest men in Marvel.

It's good that Coogler's Black Panther received a nomination for Best Picture. It seems things like that are more important to Feige then billion dollar box offices.

I say this because Marvel is replacing the directors and writers for Captain Marvel 2. The 2 directors will still work with Marvel, just on other projects.

Just let BP 2 do just as well or better than the 1st, and T'Challa will ne a major player in the MCU...and possibly have better showing in the comics.

BANNED

Apparently, there are clearly no limits to the amount of BS Coates is allowed to dump on the Black Panther Mythos though.