Page 225 of 750 FirstFirst ... 125175215221222223224225226227228229235275325725 ... LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,375 of 11243

In marvel did manage to get Denzel, I'd almost prefer it if he got a bigger role than just Achebe. Maybe Blue Marvel.

Nonetheless I'm sure he'd make a great Achebe.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    In marvel did manage to get Denzel, I'd almost prefer it if he got a bigger role than just Achebe. Maybe Blue Marvel.

Nonetheless I'm sure he'd make a great Achebe.
    I honestly doubt Denzel is the kind of actor that wants to play a role where most of his acting is doing jazz hands while CGI completes the rest of his work. He also doesn't strike me as the kind of actor that wants to dedicate himself to being a major player of such a big franchise. He's not a young man, and he's a very serious actor. If he were to be in a superhero film, I can see it being something small and a one-off, which is why I suggest Achebe because Coogler has the prestige few superhero movie directors have, and the character is a blank slate enough for him to be completely rewritten to be taken more seriously.

It's kinda like how you got Angela Bassett playing Ramonda (instead of say, Storm), Viola Davis playing Amanda Waller (a small role that can be taken seriously), or Cate Blanchett as Hela which seems to be a one-off.

I could be wrong, and maybe Denzel at this point in his character would totally not mind playing a character that's a bit more fun and he pulls an Ian Mckellen as Magneto on us. But I'm guessing that isn't the case for now at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    I honestly doubt Denzel is the kind of actor that wants to play a role where most of his acting is doing jazz hands while CGI completes the rest of his work. He also doesn't strike me as the kind of actor that wants to dedicate himself to being a major player of such a big franchise. He's not a young man, and he's a very serious actor. If he were to be in a superhero film, I can see it being something small and a one-off, which is why I suggest Achebe because Coogler has the prestige few superhero movie directors have, and the character is a blank slate enough for him to be completely rewritten to be taken more seriously.

It's kinda like how you got Angela Bassett playing Ramonda (instead of say, Storm), Viola Davis playing Amanda Waller (a small role that can be taken seriously), or Cate Blanchett as Hela which seems to be a one-off.

I could be wrong, and maybe Denzel at this point in his character would totally not mind playing a character that's a bit more fun and he pulls an Ian Mckellen as Magneto on us. But I'm guessing that isn't the case for now at least.
    Adam Bashear potentially is a very deep role dealing with a lot if issues ... he's not your atypical super hero story.

That said, I agree he probably wouldn't want to go all in with a long term marvel franchise. Just wishful thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    After the speech T'Chadwick gave him, I would like to see Denzel and him work together and interact on The big screen
    Either on some other kind of movie or this:

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post

Yeah, Denzel screams one off villain. The only sequel he has ever done is Equalizer 2 right?

The dude isn't signing up to be a franchise.

It is a common Marvel tactic to use "big" names where people would go, "wow they'd never doa super hero movie!" as the villain for a one off.

Bridges, Rourke, Redford, Spader, Russel, Keaton, Blanchett, Jude, Gylenhall

Now, easily, Denzel is a much much much much bigger fish than all of them combined. And it is probably a pipe dream. But if any movie could pull it off.i think it would be BP
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Mighty Member

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    Looks awesome. Where'd you find it, if I may ask?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Yeah, Denzel screams one off villain. The only sequel he has ever done is Equalizer 2 right?

It is a common Marvel tactic to use "big" names where people would go, "wow they'd never doa super hero movie!" as the villain for a one off.

Now, easily, Denzel is a much much much much bigger fish than all of them combined. And it is probably a pipe dream. But if any movie could pull it off.i think it would be BP
    They'll also appear as smaller supporting characters, such as Tommy Lee Jones's role in Captain America, but also in recurring supporting characters like Anthony Hopkins as Odin. Hopkins, however, is known for taking whatever role will pay him, more or less.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

On telling you, after that speech Marvel NEEDS to get Denzel. Dude helped Chadwick get to where he is. Like T'Chadwick said. There is no Black Panther without Denzel.

Who said Denzel...

Get Hectic!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

dope.
    10char
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Keaton, though, remember he's returning in Morbius. Seems the rule is if you see them in the FIRST movie they will return in some capacity later on. Which is also why I wouldn't be surprised if we see Jude Law again.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Looks awesome. Where'd you find it, if I may ask?
    Just looking around for some wallpapers and saw it in images on a browser search. I did not go to a specified site.

Denzel Washington breeds nostalgia from yesteryear unless he plays a Zuri replacement type good uncle role...

That's great if you want an excuse to have Boseman and Washington play opposite each other on screen to get the historic traditional black ensemble out of the way just to say that you did it and check off the bucket list!

On the other hand as I've said in the past many times this guy right here is your Achebe or Moses Magnum international vibranium arms dealer...

"Look at me... Look at me... I'm your villain now!"

Pirated shipments... Black Panther should follow the Captain America Winter Soldier example and uptempo the pace with more action and compelling drama!

Reasons... If not Black Panther 2 then at least Black Panther 3 will be pirated as an Avengers film like Captain America Civil War due to all those billions of dollars earned on the very soil of Wakanda that Thanos stamped his passport in!

That or Doom and Namor duke it out under the waterfall just for comic book sake and drag in their fans for extra revenue!

Disney has to recoup quarantine moneys as well as the loss of Downey Jr and Chris Evans moving forward and other than Captain Marvel and off and on Sony owned Spider-man no other franchise has billion dollar potential (Ant-man, Strange, Guardians)

Also... It's time to pick some major deaths that really count in Wakanda otherwise Shakespeare will start breakdancing in his grave!

I want my Empire Strikes Back moments that leave me exiting the theater like WTF just happened eagerly anticipating the sequel!
    Get Hectic!

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Just looking around for some wallpapers and saw it in images on a browser search. I did not go to a specified site.
    That's cool. I often find great pics of my favorite characters the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post
    Denzel Washington breeds nostalgia from yesteryear unless he plays a Zuri replacement type good uncle role...

That's great if you want an excuse to have Boseman and Washington play opposite each other on screen to get the historic traditional black ensemble out of the way just to say that you did it and check off the bucket list!

On the other hand as I've said in the past many times this guy right here is your Achebe or Moses Magnum international vibranium arms dealer...

"Look at me... Look at me... I'm your villain now!"

Pirated shipments... Black Panther should follow the Captain America Winter Soldier example and uptempo the pace with more action and compelling drama!

Reasons... If not Black Panther 2 then at least Black Panther 3 will be pirated as an Avengers film like Captain America Civil War due to all those billions of dollars earned on the very soil of Wakanda that Thanos stamped his passport in!

That or Doom and Namor duke it out under the waterfall just for comic book sake and drag in their fans for extra revenue!

Disney has to recoup quarantine moneys as well as the loss of Downey Jr and Chris Evans moving forward and other than Captain Marvel and off and on Sony owned Spider-man no other franchise has billion dollar potential (Ant-man, Strange, Guardians)

Also... It's time to pick some major deaths that really count in Wakanda otherwise Shakespeare will start breakdancing in his grave!

I want my Empire Strikes Back moments that leave me exiting the theater like WTF just happened eagerly anticipating the sequel!
    I like the way you think, FLEX HECTIC.
    The spider is always on the hunt.