Page 583 of 750 FirstFirst ... 83483533573579580581582583584585586587593633683 ... LastLast
Results 8,731 to 8,745 of 11243
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    I wouldn't put too much weight on the cover. Even money that a different "Phoenixized" Avenger is on the next cover.

That being said, the solicits do say that one of the Avengers isn't going to survive, and of the list on the last cover, only T'Challa, She-Hulk, and Namor don't have books....

(And She-Hulk has a TV show coming out...)
    I like to think Marvel is smart enough to realize that it’d be in poor taste to kill off T’Challa less than a few months after his actor in a separate universe died. Plus he still technically has a book (and likely relaunch) so I don’t think he’ll die anytime soon. Plus, Namor is a mutant, if he dies this arc it’ll be easier for Hickman to resurrect him and integrate Atlantis into what he’s doing with the X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by XJlock View Post
    I would not be surprised if Namor and T'Challa would be the remaining finalists of this tournament since Aaron has been reigniting the tension between them.
    I wouldn’t say Aaron’s reignited the rivalry between them. Their conflict this run has been surprisingly impersonal. Namor’s petty so obviously he made I think a reference or two to the Wakandan destruction of Atlantis but other than that T’Challa’s looked at him as just another threat in a wider network of villains the Avengers gotta deal with. But I agree it wouldn’t surprise me if they end up going head to head. T’Challa’s been used prominently this last arc and it’d make sense considering the role of the Phoenix in their recent histories.

BANNED

Wakanda has it's own under-water metropolis, right? Space-stations but no sub-aquatic stations? Black Atlantis for the culture.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Why can’t the effort be put forward to make him look this cool all the time? It’s not even that this Phoenix Panther is even his best look. But it seems like a lot if artists just go, “Im drawing TChalla this month, so black wet suit, and lets move on to making everybody else look cool.” No detail in the mask, no imagination with the claws, no physical definition.

The artist in Avengers did a good job making the daggers look inventive and eye popping in the Moon Knight fight though. He had the build right too, just wasn’t too high on the ears of the mask.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Not gonna lie, this looks pretty badass, however lashleys phoenix BP is still the champ

Quote Originally Posted by XJlock View Post
    I would not be surprised if Namor and T'Challa would be the remaining finalists of this tournament since Aaron has been reigniting the tension between them.
    If only T'Challa would be allowed to pay Namor back for the BS he did.. I doubt it though

The look isn't bad, and yes Lashley did crush it first. My thought however have been towards Bast, does he/she/it even remotely care that the chosen one of Wakanda is possessed by what might be a deity? We gonna act like there wouldn't e some kind of beefin? Those are the small touches I look at when gaging how much writers really care and appreciate a character.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    The look isn't bad, and yes Lashley did crush it first. My thought however have been towards Bast, does he/she/it even remotely care that the chosen one of Wakanda is possessed by what might be a deity? We gonna act like there wouldn't e some kind of beefin? Those are the small touches I look at when gaging how much writers really care and appreciate a character.
    Bast is basically the Crom of the MU. If she needs T'Challa, he's "my champion, my Black Panther".

If he needs HER, she blows him off.

Astonishing Member

Bast would catch those wings if she tried to take on the Phoenix so I think she'll be sitting this one out lol. She couldn't even be bothered to take on her brother Khonshu and they're theoretically on the same level. I actually like that most writers try to protect Bast's reputation by not including her whenever T'Challa's on the ropes.

Bast is basically the Crom of the MU. If she needs T'Challa, he's "my champion, my Black Panther".

Lol, right Crom sent Valeria for like that ONE save for Conan, and then he ghosted him!

I hope he gets the Phoenix. And maybe wreck a few people in the process.

Bast is like meh, I'll see you when this is over. I mean it's not like she helped out against Khonshu.

Lol, right Crom sent Valeria for like that ONE save for Conan, and then he ghosted him!
    I see y'all riffin' on my Crom.

He doesn't care as he sits on his Mountain of Power. Crom laughs at Bast and the Four winds.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Aaron seemed to emphasise in Age of Khonshu that T'Challa's power was "in my blood" and not from an outside force, so maybe that's the point? That he doesn't 'need' Bast?

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I see y'all riffin' on my Crom.

He doesn't care as he sits on his Mountain of Power. Crom laughs at Bast and the Four winds.
    Is the four winds reference from comics or movies. Because I remember Conan’s warrior buddy from the original film talking about the four winds. Conans prayer to Crom in the first movie before his fight at the end is something anybody can appreciate.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    Is the four winds reference from comics or movies. Because I remember Conan’s warrior buddy from the original film talking about the four winds. Conans prayer to Crom in the first movie before his fight at the end is something anybody can appreciate.
    From the movie.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Still no solicits for Black Panther...
    This is inexcusable at this point. If they were waiting to release it all in trade, they could have done the trade by now. I don't see any excuse for not just finishing the stupid story or announcing that it's cancelled and won't be published. I just don't get it.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?