Page 205 of 750 FirstFirst ... 105155195201202203204205206207208209215255305705 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,075 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    Has BP been compelling in any book in the last few years? I like Jason Aaron's writing but having BP and Cap on the same team limits BP use in my opinion. I picked up the first 4 issues of the Agents of Wakanda series but I am kind of meh about it. Does the story get better? I am not a fan of Coates BP. I have so many sitting on a shelf waiting to be read.
    Rise of the Black Panther and BP vs DP have pretty much been the only books BP has been in that I actually liked in a long time.

Hell, I actually bought the RotBP trade, which is rare. I don't physically buy money trades.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

He's also good in Agents of Wakanda.

Spectacular Member

I'm sure BP will get a better writer after the current run is done. I didn't hate coates run I mean it was interesting and had a lot of potentially good story concepts that ended up falling flat but I take the good with the bad and those good things to me is Tchalla getting Ro back, Going into space, bout to take on a symbiote Erik but otherwise Coates writing style isn't suited for comics because his ish is lengthy and there's still things left unanswered in small plot points that he's introduced.

BP will bounce back though, he is literally the only African or "black" superhero that really matters if we're being honest in terms of all comics. That may seem like a reach but honestly its pretty accurate cause he actually has a purpose compared to his love interest and the other Nubian hero's that are just there and is basically African king batman without confusing morality.

Dude has grown so much that his character development is un rivaled by his counterparts which is sad but no one really gives the others a chance, I will say though when another writer comes in I wouldn't undo what coates did per say but give Tchalla more meta conflict and showcasing his overall skills and have a team that can utilize the others like Shuri and Storm in a team up book or something like that (not like the Xmen really using her anyway). When that day comes I need marvel to be a little more presentable with a character like BP, not a big comic reader but hopefully the next writer keeps it consistent whoever that person may be. Also make his rouges gallery more of a threat other than the klaw dude.
    Last edited by Mekk80s; 04-26-2020 at 01:19 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Erik and Klaw steal the vibranium, Klaw goes to sell it, Erik disappears, T'Challa learns klaw has reappeared, he captures klaw, Erik has to save him, T'Challa learns about Erik and the truth about his family's secrets. The. Erik shows up. There wasn't as much manipulation on Erik's part or reacting on T'Challas part as you think.
    Eric was manipulating Klaw to get to Wakanda. He used him to get what he wanted and then kills him in the end. The film makes the audience believe that Klaw was going to be the main villain and I think most audience members were shocked when claw was killed.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    You do see that those 10 items for both T'Challa and
    Erik right? Also you do realize that the whole purpose of T'Challa and Erik isn't simply Erik is "evil T'Challa" per se, but rather what happens when two men suffer the loss of their fathers, how they react to their anger and what happens if one let's go of it or gets consumed by it. They are contrasting each other while also being somewhat the same. Also if Erik grew up in Wakanda he would likely be VERY different as what pushes him to work so hard is the fact that he had nothing and was abandoned in a place that alone in poverty with racism around him hoping that this wonderful place he heard stories of would remember him. But if he grew up In Wakanda he very well easily could of had the same exact mindset of T'Chaka. Being a traditionalist
    I agree with your statement. Once Eric throws T'Challa from the waterfall and is healed, T'Challa begins to take back control from Eric. I don't see Eric as evil T'Challa but the products of different environments. I believe the film is symbolic of various environments influences in our culture. Part of what the film is saying is when a person grows up in a chaotic oppressive environment, this can be the result.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    BP vs DP is good. I liked Ghost Panther too.
    Where is ghost Panther from?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    And he got the win in Logans own book. Granted Logan wasn't at 100% but still... not a lot of guys can say that.
    I think Cornell is one of the few writers that analyzed the history of Wolverine's fight style and not just making him the master of numerous martial arts. A lot of writer do not design characters fight styles based on the power sets. For example, the faster and more powerful you are, the less technical you need to be.

Where is ghost Panther from?
    Its alt reality. When the universe folded on half about a year ago for an Infinity Stone story. He eventually becomes a mega powerhouse. Waiting for them to make him a 616 villain

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mekk80s View Post
    I'm sure BP will get a better writer after the current run is done. I didn't hate coates run I mean it was interesting and had a lot of potentially good story concepts that ended up falling flat but I take the good with the bad and those good things to me is Tchalla getting Ro back, Going into space, bout to take on a symbiote Erik but otherwise Coates writing style isn't suited for comics because his ish is lengthy and there's still things left unanswered in small plot points that he's introduced.

BP will bounce back though, he is literally the only African or "black" superhero that really matters if we're being honest in terms of all comics. That may seem like a reach but honestly its pretty accurate cause he actually has a purpose compared to his love interest and the other Nubian hero's that are just there and is basically African king batman without confusing morality.

Dude has grown so much that his character development is un rivaled by his counterparts which is sad but no one really gives the others a chance, I will say though when another writer comes in I wouldn't undo what coates did per say but give Tchalla more meta conflict and showcasing his overall skills and have a team that can utilize the others like Shuri and Storm in a team up book or something like that (not like the Xmen really using her anyway). When that day comes I need marvel to be a little more presentable with a character like BP, not a big comic reader but hopefully the next writer keeps it consistent whoever that person may be. Also make his rouges gallery more of a threat other than the klaw dude.
    Good points. So are the only Black male solo comics series in Marvel right now BP an Miles Spiderman? And if you add Iron Heart, are they the only Black solo character books? It is a shame that there has not been a consistent Luke Cage book throughout the years and I for one have always wanted a Night Thrasher comic.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I'm sure BP will get a better writer after the current run is done.
    I want nothing more than to have a writer everyone is happy with, but it doesn't necessarily mean the next writer will be that. My guess is they'll bring in another outside writer.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

I agree with your statement. Once Eric throws T'Challa from the waterfall and is healed, T'Challa begins to take back control from Eric. I don't see Eric as evil T'Challa but the products of different environments. I believe the film is symbolic of various environments influences in our culture. Part of what the film is saying is when a person grows up in a chaotic oppressive environment, this can be the result.
    Erik is what T'Challa could of been in CW had he killed Bucky and been consumed by his anger. That was part of the point of the movie. Also it shows T'Challa throughout the movie learning what it means to truly be a great King and it's not the path that his father took.

He learns that with the people he trusts, their opinions Matter and it's not simply doing what he wants without regards to anybody else or how it will effect the nation. This is loud and clear when Erik takes over and immediately starts showing how he is unfit to rule as king as he will bring about Wakandas and the Worlds destruction, as well as his short sightedness when he destroyed the HSH.

We as an audience see that between the two of them saying relatively the same thing (Nakia and Erik) with different approaches, Erik was using that as an excuse to simply adjust the ones in power while keeping things the same and the fault in his approach.

We also see that Erik is this way as a product of Wakanda not acting and instead choosing to stay isolated and the problem that has sprung onto them. In the end T'Challa learns all of this and finds the best way to help the world. Not with violence but with opportunity to make something of oneself.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I want nothing more than to have a writer everyone is happy with, but it doesn't necessarily mean the next writer will be that. My guess is they'll bring in another outside writer.
    I truly hope not. They did the same thing with Carol, kept rebooting, kept bringing in these outside writers who kept failing till finally they brought in someone who knows what they are doing and *shocker* she stabilized. I dunno why they won't do the same for T'Challa, especially when there is a guy who wants to write him and has the experience and a 26 episode popular season starring him that garnered lots of praise. It seems like that should be the obvious choice

Mighty Member

I mean Erik Killmonger is more dangerous than klaw and klaw has been more of a general marvel villain these days.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Toxin45 View Post
    I mean Erik Killmonger is more dangerous than klaw and klaw has been more of a general marvel villain these days.
    Yeah, not all starter villains are the stuff of legend.

Plus, before Panther became a star, Klaw seemed to be the only villain anyone used when a hero dropped by Wakanda. Way overdone

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Yeah, not all starter villains are the stuff of legend.

Plus, before Panther became a star, Klaw seemed to be the only villain anyone used when a hero dropped by Wakanda. Way overdone
    Yep but after killmonger showed up and thanks to the mcu I guess killmonger had become the breakout villain of the black panther villains