Page 315 of 750 FirstFirst ... 215265305311312313314315316317318319325365415 ... LastLast
Results 4,711 to 4,725 of 11243
    Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I swear, my initial viewing was just me going

over and over and over again lol
    Me too. Black Panther was the first character I made a conscious decision to essentially read everything before the movie and I felt genuinely rewarded for doing so.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Him meeting Khonshu better pay off for all this build up. Lol.
    Two issues in a row where the scans have my attention at least

I ain't readin til the payoff doesn't suck though lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Him meeting Khonshu better pay off for all this build up. Lol.
    I really hope thst JA has a satisfactory conclusion for this confrontation between mk and T'Challa. I like how T'Challa conducted himself as well

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    It's not discounting her, it's simply she is basically a different character entirely from her comic counterpart and there's no reason tpush for her to be BP other then simply because comics. Its the same with Storm, and same with nakia. But right now the focus should be on T'Challa and how he can be elevated to new heights
    The reason to push her would be to replace Bosemsn when he's ready to leave, because again this is a billion dollar IP that Disney wouldn't want to just walk away from. It's not simply for comics ... it's just smart. Just like its smart to have potential replacements for Cap, Thor, and the rest.

What sort of timetable Boseman has is the question mark. If he has a 5 movie deal like earlier reports suggest, then you want Shuri ready asap. But if Boseman has a couple more movies left, obviously they can take their time.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    The reason to push her would be to replace Bosemsn when he's ready to leave, because again this is a billion dollar IP that Disney wouldn't want to just walk away from. It's not simply for comics ... it's just smart. Just like its smart to have potential replacements for Cap, Thor, and the rest.

What sort of timetable Boseman has is the question mark. If he has a 5 movie deal like earlier reports suggest, then you want Shuri ready asap. But if Boseman has a couple more movies left, obviously they can take their time.
    Going by the movie Nakia's going to replace T'Challa before Shuri. She has the skills, is the first in line when M'Baku refuses and has the right to challenge but right now has no interest in being a queen/Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Going by the movie Nakia's going to replace T'Challa before Shuri. She has the skills, is the first in line when M'Baku refuses and has the right to challenge but right now has no interest in being a queen/Black Panther.
    I won't say that Nakia isn't a potentially viable alternative. But I think Shuri is by far the second most popular character in the mythos. She's gotten her own comic and some young adult novels, so I think aside from obviously T'Challa she is getting the biggest push by marvel. Heck, Nakia didn't even show up in the last couple Avenger movies for whatever reason.

But in the same way they can build up Shuri for the role, I do think they in theory could do so with Nakia as well.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    tchalla was cute in avengers today.
    It was pretty cool how much panel time BP got in Avengers this week. Even in a really bad position, he comes off as a bad @$$. Overall this has been a pretty fun arc.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Jason Aaron is really good with T'Challa in the most recent Avengers issue. Without spoiling for those who haven't read it yet, he's got an insanely good capture on BP's voice and writes him with the gravitas and level-headedness that's been missing in his solo. Cordial and measured, but confident and badass at the same time.

Empyre was... ok. He got a neat little scene with the Skrulls but not much else. I do find the director's cut interesting, as apparently he was originally supposed to say something along the lines of "I gave up an interstellar empire". Not reading the main title anymore, but if that means Coates has plans to let him keep pieces of the IGEW then I'm excited to see what could happen in the relaunch.

He also had a great showing in Conan. I'm not sure if Ahmed (who's one of my top choices to write BP) has been reading Coates but he follows up on a connection made in the second arc about the Elder Gods in Wakanda. I like the reverence his War Dogs give him but also his kingly sense of understanding. He had a solid fight against Conan himself which went well lol.

Overall I'm happy with the showings he's gotten today. At a time when he's always questioning himself in his solo it's nice to see him project power and confidence without it blowing up in his face. At least not yet lol.
    I know some people were unhappy that T'Challa didn't seem more in charge of the Avengers in the Empyre preview... but in hindsight you can argue that was a good thing. Most readers can blame Tony instead of T'Challa for how that all ended up.

And seeing Black Panther throw down with Conan was pretty cool. Not something I ever thought I'd see, but it was fun.
    Last edited by XPac; 07-15-2020 at 09:24 PM.

I know some people were unhappy that T'Challa didn't seem more in charge of the Avengers in the Empyre preview... but in hindsight you can argue that was a good thing. Most readers can blame Tony instead of T'Challa for how that all ended up.

And seeing Black Panther throw down with Conan was pretty cool. Not something I ever thought I'd see, but it was fun.
    Yep T’Challa dodged a bullet, he’s not responsible at all for the **** up lol.

what comic is this?
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    what comic is this?
    Are you asking about the Conan fight? It's Conan: Battle for the Serpent Crown 3.

clean.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Yep T’Challa dodged a bullet, he’s not responsible at all for the **** up lol.
    Oh no, did Tony **** up to start an event comic again lol?

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I doubt Tchadwick is going to bounce after the second movie, at the very least he will finish the trilogy. And at this point it would be completely hamfisted to try to get her ready asap because she hasn't shown any hint of wanting that. Plus again this is about T'Challa, bit trying to replace him as soon as he gets the throne

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    If M'baku wasn't happy with T'challa initially, he wouldn't stand by and let Shuri be crowned without a fight.

I guess thta would be the "point" of her movie... has to prove that she is worthy of a crown she didn't want. Girl Power wooooo or something lol

But yeah, unless shuri has been training hard in the time gap, she'd probably catch those hands lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I doubt Tchadwick is going to bounce after the second movie, at the very least he will finish the trilogy. And at this point it would be completely hamfisted to try to get her ready asap because she hasn't shown any hint of wanting that. Plus again this is about T'Challa, bit trying to replace him as soon as he gets the throne
    Also

With Hollywood getting nuked by this virus

Ain't gonna be as many acting jobs

Ain't gonna be as many well paid acting jobs.

The Money Math may have changed for a lot of actors.

That 3rd movie money hits different now... lol