Page 479 of 750 FirstFirst ... 379429469475476477478479480481482483489529579 ... LastLast
Results 7,171 to 7,185 of 11243
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Well JA did have Namor talk isht to T'Challa about Atlantis being destroyed, even though he started it. The only way I see them being friends is for T'Challa to straight up murk him then bring him back to life using Wakandan technology, just to let Namor know he can do it and bring him back
    Namor complaining about his kingdom being destroyed despite him starting it is in character lol. And a far step down from escalating their conflict to obliteration of each other's kingdoms, which really only hurts T'Challa.

If all they do is occasionally throw insults at each other I can live with that, though I'd prefer they let bygones be bygones and share a laugh every now and then. I'd have liked T'Challa to kill him before Secret Wars but at this point it's been near half a decade, **** happens and evolving the relationship is better than digging a deeper hole.

That's about to change in a very big way," according to Jason Aaron. "The Phoenix is back and in its spirit of fiery rebirth, it's seeking a brand new avatar. So begins the greatest tournament the world has ever seen, as some of Marvel's most powerful heroes and villains are called to battle for the right to become the all-new Phoenix. All will be transformed. But who will burn?"
    ah lawd have mercy
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Can they just hurry up and release the final issues of the Coatesverse so we can get a new writer.

This & they just rework Empyre AOW tie in into a Black in King tie in..
    Last edited by 4sake Baned; 09-17-2020 at 02:27 PM.

Mighty Member

Can they just hurry up and release the final issues of the Coatesverse so we can get a new writer.

You said it!!!

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    ah lawd have mercy
    Trying to figure out why T'Challa would want to be a Phoenix host...

BANNED

Ask for a team of writers. Include.... those qualified to rep...

Disney just hired Colin Kaepernick. Bravo. Maybe RJ (& the entire new BP writing team ) will funnel opportunities with several referrals, references &/or recommendations.

BP fans wanted… Real royalty. Yes there were comments on how Tchalla’s wedding attire was less than grand. Did the BP fans find a truly worthy image of opulent regalia? I'll wait!

Priest, Liss, Hudlin… IMO are the BP gurus & even they (as honored as they deserve to be) slightly under-dressed the heroes. Royalty wears wardrobe not clothes.

slightly under-dressed the heroes...

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Well JA did have Namor talk isht to T'Challa about Atlantis being destroyed, even though he started it. The only way I see them being friends is for T'Challa to straight up murk him then bring him back to life using Wakandan technology, just to let Namor know he can do it and bring him back
    Agreed...

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Namor complaining about his kingdom being destroyed despite him starting it is in character lol. And a far step down from escalating their conflict to obliteration of each other's kingdoms, which really only hurts T'Challa.

If all they do is occasionally throw insults at each other I can live with that, though I'd prefer they let bygones be bygones and share a laugh every now and then. I'd have liked T'Challa to kill him before Secret Wars but at this point it's been near half a decade, **** happens and evolving the relationship is better than digging a deeper hole.
    Namor flooding Wakanda cause he felt like it is a bygone? I get you're trying to find peace with this, but its Marvel that's pushing this bull__it Lethal Weapon 1 Riggs /Murtaugh dynamic. Its not funny and I question why Marvel is keeping this intact. Why does Marvel feel like T'challa of all people needs to constantly be brought down a peg, and why NAMOR is the one to do it even if its by way of "occasionally throw insults at each other".

Be it either DC OR Marvel has something like this ever happened before or after, or is it exclusive to T'challa for some bizarre reason? "I destroyed your country, you destroyed my country, tee hee lets let bygones by bygones"?

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Trying to figure out why they're having a tournament in the first place. Doesn't the bird just possess a redhead mutant and be done with it?

BANNED

slightly under-dressed the heroes? No. hell no! Fans wanted...

Sexy Dora Milaje?

IMO A strong woman is sexy.

Ever notice why the MCU Doras have “doo-doo brown” tights?

Why not a deep blue like the Syracuse colors.

You know why they have on those "skin-tone" tights. Yes you do!

Ruth Carter won the AA for costume design (for BP). Bravo! you are the best... salute... but...

(notice the WWO character has pattern designs on the tights to let you know it's not her bare thigh showing. she's wearing tights)

same silhouette design. when does WWO qualify ? yep, went there

Take it from a guy that has been designing armor for the DMs for years. The goal was to work out all those kinks before starting the comic ( back in 2011-12) .

that’s why WWO has not failed since day one.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Agreed...

Namor flooding Wakanda cause he felt like it is a bygone? I get you're trying to find peace with this, but its Marvel that's pushing this bull__it Lethal Weapon 1 Riggs /Murtaugh dynamic. Its not funny and I question why Marvel is keeping this intact. Why does Marvel feel like T'challa of all people needs to constantly be brought down a peg, and why NAMOR is the one to do it even if its by way of "occasionally throw insults at each other".

Be it either DC OR Marvel has something like this ever happened before or after, or is it exclusive to T'challa for some bizarre reason? "I destroyed your country, you destroyed my country, tee hee lets let bygones by bygones"?
    I don't know, I think the established dynamic they had under Hickman was overrated and often detrimental to T'Challa but perpetuating the feud only results in more conflict so I'm ok with moving on. He's the A-lister and constantly beefing with a C-lister we all know damn well Marvel will never let him kill is a bad look.

Much easier to just have them get over it and trade jabs now and then than repeating the cycle of destruction and giving Namor more space than he deserves in the franchise. It's not the most character-driven direction as I don't think if written correctly T'Challa would ever forgive or forget, but narratively it makes things a lot better for his overall character and depiction. For me this is an instance where characterization takes a backseat to story and in a certain sense, marketing.

But I do agree the story never should've unfolded the way it did. Ideally Namor never would've flooded Wakanda but even if he did, it would've been much better for him to just admit he fucked up rather than being a dick and wishing he'd killed even more Wakandans. It's not often when a hero (and even most anti-heroes) does inhumane stuff like that and don't regret it.

It makes it hard to work with them after the fact, which many Namor fans would probably attest to. And it does put the offended party (T'Challa) in the awkward position of having to be cordial with a man that basically relishes the idea of committing genocide against his people, and for no apparent reason at all at that. It's the equivalent of Kahndaq blowing up Atlantis and editorial forcing Aquaman to play with kid's gloves whenever he's around Black Adam. It's kinda stupid and makes everyone look bad but the alternative is them milking it with constant conflicts and being defined by that rivalry. That's worse than just letting it go. I don't need a Black Panther revenge arc against Atlantis.
    Last edited by chief12d; 09-17-2020 at 03:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I don't know, I think the established dynamic they had under Hickman was overrated and often detrimental to T'Challa but perpetuating the feud only results in more conflict so I'm ok with moving on. He's the A-lister and constantly beefing with a C-lister we all know damn well Marvel will never let him kill is a bad look.

Much easier to just have them get over it and trade jabs now and then than repeating the cycle of destruction and giving Namor more space than he deserves in the franchise. It's not the most character-driven direction as I don't think if written correctly T'Challa would ever forgive or forget, but narratively it makes things a lot better for his overall character and depiction.
    I get what you're saying but the problem is someone at Marvel wants this to stand for some reason. Anyone else would have been murked by now, but cause Namor is kinda sort a hero/anti-hero it stands? Either use Ezyo1000's suggestion, or retcon it in a way it never happened but only both have knowledge that it did once. Both would be hokey but as it stands now its a sneak way to clown T'challa and I'm not cool with that, personally.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Yeah, this is frustrating.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Astonishing Member

I get what you're saying but the problem is someone at Marvel wants this to stand for some reason. Anyone else would have been murked by now, but cause Namor is kinda sort a hero/anti-hero it stands? Either use Ezyo1000's suggestion, or retcon it in a way it never happened but only both have knowledge that it did once. Both would be hokey but as it stands now its a sneak way to clown T'challa and I'm not cool with that, personally.
    Namor doesn't get clowned like that for a few reasons. There's a certain credence he gets from being from the Golden Age, he's an anti-hero so him doing terrible things is easier for fans and creators to sweep under the rug, and he did it against a character that not many hardcore fans love. If this was Iron Man or Doctor Doom I'm sure there'd be more eagerness for them to get revenge or at least thoroughly embarrass Namor.

It's a dumb situation for both characters to be in because really all Namor should('ve) do is just apologize and blame the Phoenix. His flood of Wakanda was one of the biggest moments of AvX and frankly that's one of the most identifiable BP moments for non-fans (and unfans) so there's no chance it gets retconned. And T'Challa killing Namor is just gonna result in Namor killing him or their two kingdoms fighting sometime down the road, keeping the feud going.

I really think he should just say the Phoenix made him do it and that when he was basically salivating at the idea of slaughtering more Wakandans that was remnants of it in his system or some ****. That way while they still dislike each other, it's at least a bit easier to move on and get back to the rapport they had during Priest's run.
    Last edited by chief12d; 09-17-2020 at 03:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Could be misleading cover again. I guess?

Wolverine had it in Aaron's super distant future with King Thor so... seems like best bet anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Trying to figure out why they're having a tournament in the first place. Doesn't the bird just possess a redhead mutant and be done with it?
    By god, I smell a retcon coming!
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Agreed...

Green Lantern John Stewart wants a word....... Lost his wife and family background thanks to NEW 52. Yet one thing had followed him-something something blown up planet.

Hal butchered most of the GLC and they have moved on. Yet John and that planet.