Page 624 of 750 FirstFirst ... 124524574614620621622623624625626627628634674724 ... LastLast
Results 9,346 to 9,360 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    So you mean tell Marvel has no catalog of black female heroes?? On top of getting hold of X-Men...including storm. Bro there are plenty of chances to have black female heroes shine on the screen. This argument that ramming a black female lead for Black Panther is somehow a moral, social imperative is ridiculously flawed. They have black female heroes and they deserve their OWN lane.
    Think about it... if you were a person wanting to see a minority female lead in the MCU, would you be pushing for Shuri (who right now arguably has a 50/50 shot at getting it) or someone like Storm who doesn't even presently exist in the MCU? Which is the more achievable objective?

Whatever your personal feelings on the matter are, objectively speaking it should be fairly obvious to see that right now pushing for Shuri makes sense. They have the best shot they ever had at seeing a female of color as an MCU lead, and perhaps the best shot they ever will have. So of course they are going to take it Objectively speaking they would be fools not to.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I DON'T think people believe replacing T'Challa with Shuri is the only solution. It's arguably the most obvious aside from recasting... just not the only. Heck, I've heard some theories about Killmonger becoming BP. There are several viable options, M'Baku included.

I believe it's the loudest alternative because a certain portion of the viewership support the idea of a minority female leading an MCU movie ... and Shuri might be the only realistic possibility that may ever happen. But that's less about strictly following the comics and more about supporting a social agenda of greater representation.
    Only a few actually Support it as for greater representation, the others are 100% okay with T'Challa dying at the start of the movie, killed by Doom or Namor to establish how dangerous they are, and then some other random BS that doesn't actually do anything to benefit the franchise or even move it forward

Quote Originally Posted by Mekk80s View Post
    Dude, c'mon use your common sense here. You can't just be ok with Shuri being BP out of nowhere in the MCU with out any real reason, look I know people woman see a "woman of color" as hero and all that nonsense but making Shuri the Black Panther with the only excuse being Chadwicks death is pretty much one of the lamest excuses ever. You mention agendas and at one point social media and that's kind of the issue, pandering is bad especially when your pandering to the lowest denominator just to "play it safe" when the only thing they'd be doing is just making a situation even worse. Look, it's clear everyone in here is still choked up about Chadwicks death but there's nothing we can do about that but move on and make sure he isn't forgotten. Chadwicks legacy is not and should not be defined by a comic book movie no matter how much it made or how successful and Chadwicks career is more than just that unless you're one of these lame casuals, I'm fine with them just recasting because for 1. Tchalla isn't dead and the only people who would find a recast "disrespectful" are people who can't separate a character from they're actor counterpart. Idk why this dicussion is even relevant again considering it's clear no one in here except me has they're mind made up, not that my opinion even matters to begin with.
    There actually is a REAL reason Shuri at least COULD be BP in the MCU... if T'Challa were to die, she logically would be the next person in line to take the mantle. Just like the comics. That of course doesn't mean they HAVE to go that route... but it certainly makes sense. Outside of recasting, it's the most obvious route to go.

And for the record... I'm fine with them recasting too. Or using Shuri. I even think Killmonger becoming BP would be kind of fun, if they handle it right (as they are establishing a multiverse in the MCU). Lots of potential options, and in all likelihood any of them would work. It's merely an issue of Coogler and Feige deciding what they're going to do, and moving foreward with.

Astonishing Member

So you mean tell Marvel has no catalog of black female heroes?? On top of getting hold of X-Men...including storm. Bro there are plenty of chances to have black female heroes shine on the screen. This argument that ramming a black female lead for Black Panther is somehow a moral, social imperative is ridiculously flawed. They have black female heroes and they deserve their OWN lane.
    Once again, just wanna preface this by saying I wholeheartedly want a recast of T’Challa and want Shuri to stay as she is. But the difference between Shuri as the lead of a tent pole solo franchise vs Storm as the lead of an ensemble is pretty significant. One of them is the center of their own story (backed up by supporting characters) and the other is being just a slightly more important team character. Shuri as BP is far more culturally important and narratively relevant than Storm leading the X-Men, she’d inevitably dwarf the latter in popularity if she got pushed as a solo character.

That’s why people are pushing for a black female to thrive in their own lane as a legacy character, especially since there’s a good chance Storm might not be the most important character in the MCU X-Men (that’ll likely be Cyclops). Now what should ideally happen is that people push for strong representations of original black female characters and hope they spin-off, like Storm or Spectrum. They deserve movies and D+ shows, but people always go for low hanging fruit and an opportunity to have a solo black female superhero film presented itself with Boseman’s passing so that’s what they’re gonna focus on. Many people (especially in the press and social media) aren’t even trying to hide that the representation Shuri presents is a huge factor in her taking the throne over characters it arguably makes more sense to give it to, like Nakia or M’Baku.

Think about it... if you were a person wanting to see a minority female lead in the MCU, would you be pushing for Shuri (who right now arguably has a 50/50 shot at getting it) or someone like Storm who doesn't even presently exist in the MCU? Which is the more achievable objective?

Whatever your personal feelings on the matter are, objectively speaking it should be fairly obvious to see that right now pushing for Shuri makes sense. They have the best shot they ever had at seeing a female of color as an MCU lead, and perhaps the best shot they ever will have. So of course they are going to take it Objectively speaking they would be fools not to.
    I can say this, when the mcu first launched, I wasn't hoping that Rhodey or Sam would take over those franchises, I was hoping we would get a Black hero who could get their franchise going and make it onto the big screen. And again, noone here is saying Shuri should not take the mantle... Eventually, after T'Challas stort arc is told to completion. The character deserves the same treatment that previous characters have gotten. And if you don't see the issue with representation just for the sake of checking off a diversity box, then that is feeding into the problem. There's these big pushes to demand representation without being a plan for the logistics. Shuri isn't set up at sll to take over. There are atleast 3 others geared to take the mantle before her. Again just checking off a diversity box without a organic plan doesn't work. This is exactly what Chadwick was trying to fight, these constant need to try and cannibalize franchises. More than one black person existing in a space. Marvel should be pushing this themselves, not relying on black panther to carry the load. Especially when it alone has done more for representation that both companies combined

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I can say this, when the mcu first launched, I wasn't hoping that Rhodey or Sam would take over those franchises, I was hoping we would get a Black hero who could get their franchise going and make it onto the big screen. And again, noone here is saying Shuri should not take the mantle... Eventually, after T'Challas stort arc is told to completion. The character deserves the same treatment that previous characters have gotten. And if you don't see the issue with representation just for the sake of checking off a diversity box, then that is feeding into the problem. There's these big pushes to demand representation without being a plan for the logistics. Shuri isn't set up at sll to take over. There are atleast 3 others geared to take the mantle before her. Again just checking off a diversity box without a organic plan doesn't work. This is exactly what Chadwick was trying to fight, these constant need to try and cannibalize franchises. More than one black person existing in a space. Marvel should be pushing this themselves, not relying on black panther to carry the load. Especially when it alone has done more for representation that both companies combined
    Representation may well be the top priority of certain members of the fan base, but not necessarily Disney. They won't do this JUST to check off a diversity box (though I'm sure they'll milk the hell out of it PR wise if they go this route). If they do decide to make Shuri the BP, they will have a story in place to do it. If there's not one, then they won't do it at all and the issue will be moot.

I will say I absolutely don't believe that Shuri can't be set up to be the next BP. The Karate Kid didn't start the movie set up to be a regional karate champion... he just got there at the end of it. Not being ready at the very start of the film is the point... the journey to get there is the story itself. Shuri, unlike T'Challa doesn't have to be ready for the job the minute she first sets foot on the screen (even though logically she SHOULD be since she is the next in line and the royal family would have to be complete morons NOT to prepare her given T'Challas died twice). Shuri is a very viable option for a movie IF Coogler decides to go there.

There are multiple options Coogler and Fiege and go... recasting and Shuri being the most obvious. Though even M'Baku or Killmonger potentially could work. It's simply a matter of what Coogler ends up deciding to do. It'll likely work no matter what he does, so he's not in the worst positon in the world.

Representation may well be the top priority of certain members of the fan base, but not necessarily Disney. They won't do this JUST to check off a diversity box (though I'm sure they'll milk the hell out of it PR wise if they go this route). If they do decide to make Shuri the BP, they will have a story in place to do it. If there's not one, then they won't do it at all and the issue will be moot.

I will say I absolutely don't believe that Shuri can't be set up to be the next BP. The Karate Kid didn't start the movie set up to be a regional karate champion... he just got there at the end of it. Not being ready at the very start of the film is the point... the journey to get there is the story itself. Shuri, unlike T'Challa doesn't have to be ready for the job the minute she first sets foot on the screen (even though logically she SHOULD be since she is the next in line and the royal family would have to be complete morons NOT to prepare her given T'Challas died twice). Shuri is a very viable option for a movie IF Coogler decides to go there.

There are multiple options Coogler and Fiege and go... recasting and Shuri being the most obvious. Though even M'Baku or Killmonger potentially could work. It's simply a matter of what Coogler ends up deciding to do. It'll likely work no matter what he does, so he's not in the worst positon in the world.
    The karate kid didn't have a younger sister who had no combat experience not a apparent drive or interest in martial arts and an obvious drive and interest in science. And the thing is, the solo movie already set the stage and ground work for exploring what took place in BP 1. To then go back and essentially do a whole hero's journey in the sequel is a waste and just retreads what already took place i. The first movie of one coming to terms with the lose of family, and what it means to be a leader and protector.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    The karate kid didn't have a younger sister who had no combat experience not a apparent drive or interest in martial arts and an obvious drive and interest in science. And the thing is, the solo movie already set the stage and ground work for exploring what took place in BP 1. To then go back and essentially do a whole hero's journey in the sequel is a waste and just retreads what already took place i. The first movie of one coming to terms with the lose of family, and what it means to be a leader and protector.
    The Karate Kid at the start of the movie had no combat experience or drive to become a martial artist. But he got there at the end of the film.

Plus, it's honestly doubtful that Shuri would have ZERO combat experience. If she's an heir to a warrior nation, one would think she would get some training. And she was in the front lines in End Game when the Avengers fought THanos, so presumably she can handle herself to some degree in a combat situation... otherwise she wouldn't have been there. But f you're right and the Royal family decided that Shuri was simply not worth their time preparing (despte the fact that she's next in line and T'Challa has already died TWICE), then that itself is a potential story

But again, it's up to Coogler and Fiege. If that's not a story they want to tell, then they can tell something else. It's just one of several completely viable options.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Muad'Dib View Post
    No need to keep looking. WWO was BP’s chance to recover. Priest is that dude! Hudlin! RJ! I Respect the Gods.

Don’t get my sensationalized roasting & boasting twisted. Wrestling is fake. The athleticism is real.

I jumped into the ring. I took The BP challenge. I could’ve epically failed. I made a BP comic.

This is your champion. Please. we need more champions. HEAVY WEIGHTS!

Does Corporate benefit from cosplay & Fanart/ Fanfic?

WWO wrote a new playbook. “Where does Vibranium come from?” For the fans of BP.
    Their silence is offensive. We are not alone. We who carry the flame. Those who F**k wit WWO. The wounds heal with good medicine.

If I had to say one thing to any Black Panther creator/ Marvel/ …

This healing move here. I want to go this way. RIP CAB

A tribute to the great kings…

I offer you… the greatest black heroes…

Funkadelic - Cosmic Slop (1973) | Music Video

I offer you… the greatest black heroes…

Guaranteed
    Got a sample of your work you can share? Or a Link??

Shuri isn't Robin.

People think in such tiny ways about this stuff.

We've already established that you get the king/queenship of Wakanda via trial-by-combat.

there's a version of the universe where she's both the black panther and NO LONGER the ruler.
    there's a version where someone else is both ruler and black panther and Shuri gets to have her OWN adventures, enemies, identity.
    there's a version where we simply recast the T'Challa role as we have for nearly a century with James Bond, Superman and Batman.

If it was my choice I'd recast the role. I'd make a big deal of finding the "right" actor for it and remind folks that the character is bigger and older than any actor who plays him.
    Last edited by Redjack; 11-16-2020 at 12:05 PM.

What they put on screen and what will be supported are often two different things, the assumption that Shuri will work just cause they put on the screen ...??? I'm sure that the maker of God's of Egypt thought the way you're talking.

What they put on screen and what will be supported are often two different things, the assumption that Shuri will work just cause they put on the screen ...??? I'm sure that the maker of God's of Egypt thought the way you're talking.
    Coogler and Fiege have earned the benefit of the doubt in my book, in whatever direction they choose to take. I will assume they will crash and burn if/when they do until.

Not that I can't see the mcu eventually not knocking it out of the park ... I just see no reason to assume it will be under Cogglers watch.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Hi Babies!! I come bearing some good news!!!! Hadari Yao be praised!!! The final two BP issues will drop in February!!!

https://mobile.twitter.com/Marvel/st...14314617839620

WE WIN!!!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Hi Babies!! I come bearing some good news!!!! Hadari Yao be praised!!! The final two BP issues will drop in February!!!

WE WIN!!!!
    Thanks for the update!

Let's get this over with and get to the relaunch

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post

WE WIN!!!!
    Thanks the nightmare is almost over..