Page 354 of 750 FirstFirst ... 254304344350351352353354355356357358364404454 ... LastLast
Results 5,296 to 5,310 of 11243

I haven't seen any updates. BP #25 and Cap #23 were both supposed to be out during the last week of June.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I haven't seen any updates. BP #25 and Cap #23 were both supposed to be out during the last week of June.
    CAP has been re-solicited, 21 is this week and it has an issue in every month's revamped solicits

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    The first storyline would be T'challa slowly withering to death because he is cut off from Wakanda. 100% guaranteed lol.
    This new power set would explain why he was able to take that Namor powered blast without having to explain whether or not he was peak/superhuman. Also explains his infatuation with always being prepared for the unknown because he doesn't know what his power level might be and having to rely on his wit, prep, and tech. As he stated he's always prepared for the unknown. I think it fits seamlessly with the history of the character as well as advances him to new heights. So that whole silver surfer armbar, well that only happened because he had just married storm thus the wakanda people were super happy thus he was secretly peaking LoL

Goon slam gary? Well wakanda was in strife so a security guard roughed him up.
    Last edited by Ekie; 08-03-2020 at 04:15 PM.

That just opens up too many opportunities for some writer to screw over T'Challa. What happens if BP is in space? These power fluctuations would just cut out on him at the wrong time.
    if he's in space than he relies on the same genius and ingenuity that he always has. He'd still be equally as powerful as he's ever been. So long as the people still believed in him/Bast his power wouldn't fade. Longer hes away, more chaos ensues in Wakanda (because its chaotic by nature without the panther clan holding up) and that would be the reasoning for dips.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Was literally just about to say this lol. I like the idea for using it to explain power fluctuations but setting it in stone like that might just open up the wrong story opportunities for the wrong writer.
    My point is that we need things set in stone. Sure there will be bad writers as there always have been but there's too much secrecy around this character and not enough consistency. we are the most knowledgeable group of black panther fans on the planet and we still don't even know what his power level is as we've been arguing about it for the last ten pages. So if we don't know then we certainly can't expect casual fans to know nor can we expect game developers or other media to know. It's hard to sell what you don't know. I bet none of us can guess what type of black panther we're going to get in the New Avengers video game? That's a problem to me

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    When he became kotd and became bast Black Panther. If it's supposed to mean something, then make it mean that he is a king of kings, the alpha BP over all other BPs.
    That's what I read it to me and really that's what Marvel wants. NBC there have been a lot of different Batman over the years but really we all know it's Bruce Wayne that is Batman.
    All Hickman did was have bath make it clear that t'challa is her black panther. He is the most powerful of all of them because he she has made it so. we can all agree that the Tchala is the one true Black Panther so I don't see it as a stretch and in fact it was a clever way of powering him up while making that statement. He foats all of wakandan lores boats.

That Avengers videogame better announce BP if they actually want me to pre-order it. I may get it because of Spider-Man, but I can't drop it till they put BP in or another hero in my top 5 besides Spider-Man (he's already got his own videogame)

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Once the internet became huge, these stopped being useful. In regards to battle board conversations anyway.

Eh, kinda. Battle boarders use CONSISTENT high end feats. It has to happen a few times to be consistent.

That is why say... daredevil, despite being "human" is a bullet timer on battle boards. Because the dude consistently swats bullets with ease. Not in "extreme moments in life." But on Tuesday lol.

Consistent high end feats make the most sense because you can back them up with stuff that happened on panel. Instead of conjecture and made up tier lists.

It is the writers own fault for the mess. Stuff like daredevil and Bat family doing stuff that isn't human at all because they don't know how to write a human in a comic world. By feats, Batman is not fucking human lol. Dude is in the same comic book peak human as T'challa despite the "only a man" bullshit they use for him.

I used to hang on battle boards, that is why the blog started. T'challa was getting major disrespected and without evidence, you can't argue for a character. So I created the freaking evidence and kept it all in one place to pull it up as needed.

Sadly... what I found is that T'challa's feats kinda fucking sucking tbh lol. He was still disrespected but based on on panel actual stuff... he isn't super impressive. His nerve strikes are actually the one thing that people forget about them and he's done it enough to make it a thing (like Batman).

Cartoons and movies do a much better job with him
    Agreed.

Before Priest and Hudlin's runs, I can't imagine even trying to debate BP on battle boards.

Also, characters with more appearances, tend to have better feats, it's a numbers game. Batman, Wolverine, Spider-Man. I've read people arguing Wolverine is above peak human just because of some of the feats in his repertoire.
    The J-man

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

It's insane that they just won't publish it. I can't understand why not at this point.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    if he's in space than he relies on the same genius and ingenuity that he always has. He'd still be equally as powerful as he's ever been. So long as the people still believed in him/Bast his power wouldn't fade. Longer hes away, more chaos ensues in Wakanda (because its chaotic by nature without the panther clan holding up) and that would be the reasoning for dips.
    So we want a T'Challa empowered by the belief of Wakandans? What happens when they stop believing? You know that will be a storyline that some writer will use, Coates already has with disastrous results.

Why not just have T'Challa believe in himself like he always did. He's smart and skilled enough that he doesn't need "prayer power-ups". Next thing you know we'll be reading about the "Unworthy Black Panther" and he'll be fighting Gorr.

Not trying to downplay the idea but this is too ripe for fuckkery by a writer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    That Avengers videogame better announce BP if they actually want me to pre-order it. I may get it because of Spider-Man, but I can't drop it till they put BP in or another hero in my top 5 besides Spider-Man (he's already got his own videogame)

Agreed.

Before Priest and Hudlin's runs, I can't imagine even trying to debate BP on battle boards.

Also, characters with more appearances, tend to have better feats, it's a numbers game. Batman, Wolverine, Spider-Man. I've read people arguing Wolverine is above peak human just because of some of the feats in his repertoire.
    Yeah, that is true. Where battle boards sometimes fall apart because certain rules get entrinched based on comics 30 years ago and those feats haven't been reproduced in a decade and aren't really "consistent" anymore

but... comic fans have a man crush on those three (and a few others) and have a man crush on really old comics so good luck challenging that lol
    '
    If anything, some of those high end feats should be considered SMvsFL because they are so outdated now
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    It's insane that they just won't publish it. I can't understand why not at this point.
    Makes you wonder if the issues have been written/drawn or not. If they are, then why the hold up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    This new power set would explain why he was able to take that Namor powered blast without having to explain whether or not he was peak/superhuman. Also explains his infatuation with always being prepared for the unknown because he doesn't know what his power level might be and having to rely on his wit, prep, and tech. As he stated he's always prepared for the unknown. I think it fits seamlessly with the history of the character as well as advances him to new heights. So that whole silver surfer armbar, well that only happened because he had just married storm thus the wakanda people were super happy thus he was secretly peaking LoL

Goon slam gary? Well wakanda was in strife so a security guard roughed him up.
    Eh that's a slippery slope that leads to even more Wakanda in turmoil stories with the added nonsense of a writer grabbing an outside Villain to spank the isht out of him because his people have turned against him so bow he is "Weak" don't tie his power to his people. That is just a giant ass shackle

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Exactly I want to finish out this run and see if we get a new writer

Probably still don’t have a replacement writer lined up.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Probably still don’t have a replacement writer lined up.
    Oh interesting, you don't think they already had one in the pipeline since Marvel knew way in advance Coates was leaving?

I wonder if Coates is going to continue to write Cap and get any other new books?

I'll be honest, when he was first announced I 100% thought this was some stunt casting and didn't think Coates would be on the title this long - I thought 6 issues tops.