Page 519 of 750 FirstFirst ... 19419469509515516517518519520521522523529569619 ... LastLast
Results 7,771 to 7,785 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I think T'Challa at base level is Spider-Man level but that he can scale up as the situation requires via his own tech (kinetic absorption) or prep (new inventions or strategy). But thinking about it, I think you're right that T'Challa should have specific counter-measures in place at all times. But I think it should be on a case-by-case basis.

Look at it like this, prior to AvX him and Namor had their occasional scuffles but for the most part they were on good terms. We can expect that while T'Challa probably had contingencies to take down Namor he didn't keep them on his person every time he suited up. Fast forward a decade and Namor has razed the Golden City, told lies that result in the extermination of Wakanda's people, and outright expressed a desire to commit genocide against the kingdom again.

I could buy T'Challa seeing Namor as a rogue agent that poses a potentially existential threat to Wakanda and thus having some anti-Namor tech on him 24/7. Like how Batman and Superman have fought enough times that it's basically an open secret that Bruce has kryptonite on him in case they gotta throw down. I could see him having specific counter-measures against Doom as well seeing as he's overthrown T'Challa in the past and is another megalomaniac who could destroy the world.

So yea, I believe in T'Challa having specially designed tech/magical assets on hand to take down specific threats like that, but what if he fights Count Nefaria? Or Morgan Le Fay? These are threats T'Challa's probably heard of and may even have fought briefly in the past as part of the Avengers. But I don't expect him to have some random ionic absorption tech in his suit or to have an item that could conveniently nullify the magic of Otherworld.

But he does have energy daggers that can attune themselves to various energy frequencies that can let him cut/stab Nefaria. He does have KoTD abilities that could let him resist getting his soul crushed by Morgan's magic. Instead of inventing new ****, I'd want a writer to show T'Challa use his preexisting skills and tech to stand a fighting chance against omega-level threats. Sometimes he'll pull through and win (like maybe using the energy daggers to destabilize Nefaria's energy) other times he'll have to fall back and come back next time with an adjusted arsenal (find some ancient spear that can cut through Morgan's magic and kill her).

I buy T'Challa being prepared, but not to such a degree he has a counter for EVERY threat EVERY time.
    I don't necessarily disagree with what you said. I think that the perception of the tchalla's capabilities being peak human or even low superhuman needed to be changed and Marvel did that by simply adding the label of King of the Dead while allowing him to do all of his usual shenanigans of taking on global threats. they basically gave us an explanation for all of panthers past feats so that ppl can stop with the idea that he is capable of being taken down by street level or even low superhuman level threats. If he is the Tchalla that we think he is then he should never leave his kingdom with that possibility as an outcome. There are a lot of Spider-Man level threats running around in Marvel Earth. He shouldn't be bothered by any of them as the king of wakanda.
    This is the same guy that was cutting down an army of super skrulls with ease...did any of us have a problem with that showing?

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    I understand your skepticism and it's well deserved because Marvel hasn't expanded on it. But I blame Coats because he's the solo writer test with following up after secret wars and expanding on it. Other writers seem to be doing odd things with it and expanding more and more on past Black Panthers. So maybe it will develop into something in the future
    Hickman had 5 years to do something with it.

Coates had 5 years to do something with it.

Its resulted in one zombie thing and getting scolded.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

BANNED

doesn't always have to be "fist -to -cuffs" for BP. He can outsmart his opps the majority

Omega Sentinel vs. Wolverine was easy work for her. she could not defeat him with hand to hand combat.

KotD trope was not a win for BP. Lord of the After-Life seems to give him more power. well at least it sounds better. that's because it is. there is no "BOOK OF THE DEAD" that's a foreign interpretation. the actual name is "THE COMING FORTH BY DAY & NIGHT

BANNED

LotAL. Lord of the After-life. Also the name of Bastet's father (Osiris). They have done it all in failure. Hickman, Aaron, Coates (WWO era) all had the opportunity to yield the greatest harvest. Still BP fans are left with crumbs.

Remember, The Heart-Shaped Herb is a form of Voo-Doo. not the Princess & the Frog type of Voo-Doo. that's corrupted

WWO has BP taking the HSH but.... VVVVV -- VVVVV.... The HSH in WWO has a "bio-intelligence". BP does not drink it. He absorbs / bathes in the Herb's living liquid. Basically, he can communicate with the Herb & lots more....

if you're nice I'll tell you more (soon). There are vultures & pick-pockets lurking. Fighting for inclusion when it's obvious that the employees @ marvel have created a narrow range opportunity wall. it's a toxic mentality & they can never win being creative/ opportunity hoarders. Others deserve the space they are wasting.

Bio intellect- WWO. that's a win
    Last edited by Paul Muad'Dib; 10-02-2020 at 03:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by XJlock View Post
    I would like to see T'Challa interact more with Jeannine Sauvage since she mentioned that their bond started with their parents. What could have made T'Chaka cross path with the family possessing for generations the sword called La Fleur du Mal?

What comic and issue is this? Is it worth reading as a BP fan?

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    What comic and issue is this? Is it worth reading as a BP fan?
    Contest of Champions

not really, nothing special
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Contest of Champions

not really, nothing special
    Thank you. I thought it was maybe a recent one.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Hickman had 5 years to do something with it.

Coates had 5 years to do something with it.

Its resulted in one zombie thing and getting scolded.
    The excuse for Hickman is Hickman being Hickman and not having the time for detail since he wasn't the solo writer and was writing a ensemble cast. Does an excuse his lack of explanation of these powers other than them existing.

Coats on the other hand seemingly didn't even read all of secret wars and just started writing the story that he wanted to write. Marvel clearly wasn't interested in raining him in and making him follow the general direction they had planned and we know this because they allowed him to completely ignore and rewrite the history of the black Panther mythos so we got cheated out of the explanation that we should have gotten in the solo.

I just hope the new writer corrects that and gives us some explanation or at least direction for the character so that he isn't scaling in between getting hit by security guards versus fighting cosmic level beings.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Lets be real here... the fight with the real Batman would go exactly like that, because it's Batman. It's the reason the guy can fight Superman. Look at what the Batman who Laughs is doing over in DC books right now.
    Nah Hickman gave the Batman analogue too much credit. T'Challa would shred the isht out of Batman. Again Batman would be fighting a superior version of himself in every aspect of the word

No information on character yet, but if we looking for a potential "catwoman" for BP, this women in red might be a contender. Lol

And he did those feats under his regular power. So I don't see the point of massive energy gauntlets or anything like that. To be clear, with his base powerset (vibranium weave suit, anti-metal claws, kinetic redirection, and daggers) should let him be able to scrap with Namor somewhat. He should be able to beat Iron Fist at least half the time (as he's since gotten massive upgrades of his own). Namor shouldn't be one-shotting him and I think that if he gets close enough T'Challa beats Tony. I just don't think he can outright (let alone easily) kill Namor or Black Bolt with his regular arsenal without prep.

I think part of the disconnect here is we're not seeing T'Challa's preexisting assets used to their full advantage which is why people want more tech/magic piled on. T'Challa's plenty powerful as is, but writers feel the need to invent new **** when everything he has already is more than enough. If we already have energy daggers we shouldn't need lightsabers and consecrated napalm. With his kinetic energy redirection there is simply no point to energy gauntlets. Use the character's bread and butter and bust out new stuff when he's legitimately facing a threat the regular arsenal can't take care of. It's about consistency.
    I agree, the lightsabers should just be the daggers extended, the napalm should just be another version of the Force push, the gauntlets I don't care about because they were bulky and clunky. Not something I see him using. Base T'Challa with standard ger is more then enough, this upgraded teche or additional stuff should simply be add-ons to his existing standard tech. Or keeps his gadget count low, increases his tool kit without bloating it , and allows for the unorthodox moves which have been why he is able to fight above his weight class even of Namor were to jump him on the street. Now I want him to be able to hold his own fairly well against guys like Namor Doom and BB (like they ain't going to one shot him, especially since we know he can take a hit from hulk and not die) and be very effective and can take them down with their own power thanks to the Force push Ontop of his already deadly arsenal, but prepping and bringing them on an equal playing field and outfighting them is the T'Challa I want and prefer

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    No information on character yet, but if we looking for a potential "catwoman" for BP, this women in red might be a contender. Lol

Nope lol. T'Challa shouldn't date a mutant unless their from Wakanda and owned by the BP/Avengers office. My man Bishop could use some love though...

Nope lol. T'Challa shouldn't date a mutant unless their from Wakanda and owned by the BP/Avengers office. My man Bishop could use some love though...
    I don't think she's a mutant. She's from Arako. At best shes some being from a different dimension.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I agree, the lightsabers should just be the daggers extended, the napalm should just be another version of the Force push, the gauntlets I don't care about because they were bulky and clunky. Not something I see him using. Base T'Challa with standard ger is more then enough, this upgraded teche or additional stuff should simply be add-ons to his existing standard tech. Or keeps his gadget count low, increases his tool kit without bloating it , and allows for the unorthodox moves which have been why he is able to fight above his weight class even of Namor were to jump him on the street. Now I want him to be able to hold his own fairly well against guys like Namor Doom and BB (like they ain't going to one shot him, especially since we know he can take a hit from hulk and not die) and be very effective and can take them down with their own power thanks to the Force push Ontop of his already deadly arsenal, but prepping and bringing them on an equal playing field and outfighting them is the T'Challa I want and prefer
    Exactly, that's basically where I'm at. With his current arsenal T'Challa's effectively a match against the majority of villains in the MU with the exception of class-100 brawlers and omega-level characters like Magneto or Morgan Le Fay. I honestly think it just dilutes his general pool of skills if every time he fights something even slightly out the ordinary he busts out some random tech. Base T'Challa is fine as is and has a built-in mechanism to scale up PHYSICALLY with the kinetic energy absorption/redirection.

Even without it he's taking down Cap with relative ease. With it equipped, he should be able to tank multiple blows from Namor and hit back. But he should edge out a victory due to prep, like having a Kimoyo bead that deprives him of oxygen, reducing his strength. I think a mixture of preexisting skill and prep is how T'Challa should take down the likes of Doom or Namor, not just straight scrapping with them.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I don't think she's a mutant. She's from Arako. At best shes some being from a different dimension.
    Nah she's a mutant, everyone from Arrako is a mutant. They're basically a demonic version of what the X-Men have with Krakoa. And even if she wasn't she's still an X-Men product, she has no purpose being in a BP book as anything other than a villain.