Page 592 of 750 FirstFirst ... 92492542582588589590591592593594595596602642692 ... LastLast
Results 8,866 to 8,880 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Honestly, I'm really sick of Marvel thinking the best way it can get buzz is by getting readers and fans to choose between the X-Men/Krakoa and Black Panther/Wakanda, and then fight each other over that choice. It shouldn't be a case of either-or, tearing down one to build up the other, or getting fans and readers to do that dirty work for the company itself. It's base and crass manipulation of the readership and fandom to trigger emotional responses in those who are attached to the X-Men/Krakoa and Black Panther/Wakanda for what they mean and represent to them. Frankly, we should be better than falling for that B.S.
    Bro, we should all know by now. The X-office has a crack squad, trained in the nuances of racial trolling. Black men, and any affiliated are the top targets. New writers take an oath on the holy book of X to never allow black males to be portrayed as they should be...lol. Naw for real though I think that once Hickman bounces anything in their dept will immediately be set back on the course of collapse it was on just due to lack of creativity and dynamic writing, hopefully the 2 things the next BP writer will need to fix the train wreck coates left.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    Couple years ago I had an idea for Okoye to lead the Agents as the Hand of Bast.

what's this cast? Gentle Okoye, vibraxas and...?

Quote Originally Posted by MouserGrey View Post
    Day two. May have bit off more than I wanna chew. All those little details are gonna take some time. �� And right now it'll have to gum his food like Coates BP.
    Attachment 101800
    Dude, like I said, you're making art from stone. Awesomeness. I like the markings on the forehead.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    what's this cast? Gentle Okoye, vibraxas and...?
    original character. Wakandan mystic of the Lion Cult.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Bro, we should all know by now. The X-office has a crack squad, trained in the nuances of racial trolling. Black men, and any affiliated are the top targets. New writers take an oath on the holy book of X to never allow black males to be portrayed as they should be...lol. Naw for real though I think that once Hickman bounces anything in their dept will immediately be set back on the course of collapse it was on just due to lack of creativity and dynamic writing, hopefully the 2 things the next BP writer will need to fix the train wreck coates left.
    Creativity and dynamic writing are definitely essentials to any successful comic or other work of fiction, though I think a lot of the problem with the X-Men pre-Hickman was resting on their Claremont- or 90s-era laurels and doing just about nothing to evolve the overall narrative of the series while turning "mutants as metaphor" into rank appropriation of real-world marginalized cultures and peoples. I'm not expecting them to sink back into the morass of irrelevance after Hickman's done, as with all due respect, I sincerely doubt he's the only one with the creative talent or vision to shepherd them to a new (or another) era of excellence. I'd just rather Marvel not treat it like a zero-sum game where for the X-Men to win, everyone else --- especially Black Panther --- has to lose.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

A sneak peak at the serial box story in January.

https://www.serialbox.com/episodes/b...edia_type=text

Ah okay. I could get behind that. Looks cool.

Couple years ago I had an idea for Okoye to lead the Agents as the Hand of Bast.

Small touches like this are what we should have had. I actually remember that there was a Lion culture similar to the Panther cult and playing up those things is respectful to the established mythos in a good way.

Mighty Member

I just don't understand how you are not Marvels BP pointman, man.
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Dude, like I said, you're making art from stone. Awesomeness. I like the markings on the forehead.
    Why are all he images I post sideways? I've even tried correcting it by editing and changing the original images direction.
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

Why do you make me cry?

Why are all he images I post sideways? I've even tried correcting it by editing and changing the original images direction.
    If you're taking the pictures with your phone, make sure that the little camera image on the phone is not turned sideways. If it is, that will cause the picture to turn sideways. Make sure that it is the normal position.

This is from the cover of RotBP #2. I might try to do another one in color depending on how well I can blend colors with my ink markers.

Namor Rise.jpg
    Last edited by Marvell2100; 10-28-2020 at 07:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Honestly, I'm really sick of Marvel thinking the best way it can get buzz is by getting readers and fans to choose between the X-Men/Krakoa and Black Panther/Wakanda, and then fight each other over that choice. It shouldn't be a case of either-or, tearing down one to build up the other, or getting fans and readers to do that dirty work for the company itself. It's base and crass manipulation of the readership and fandom to trigger emotional responses in those who are attached to the X-Men/Krakoa and Black Panther/Wakanda for what they mean and represent to them. Frankly, we should be better than falling for that B.S.
    I don't think it's even a BP vs Xmen thing. I honestly think Hickmsn is slowly setting Krakoa up against pretty much everyone. He's just planting these seeds for the inevitable conflict..

That said, there did seem to be signs of marvel wanting to pit the Xmen and BP franchises against each other as early as the first Wild Kingdom arc when they started the whole Tchalla/Storm marriage thing. I always thought it was weird how artificially antagonistic things felt right out of the gate.

I just don't understand how you are not Marvels BP pointman, man.
    .....................¯\_(ツ)_/¯......................