Page 43 of 750 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393143543 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Let's talk about issue #20, shall we?

I'm not going to bother with spoiler tags, because this piece of Bast-droppings doesn't need them.

In brief:

1. The scenes of T'Challa in the preview pages? Those are the only ones he has in the issue.
    2. The armada spoken of in the preview is all maroon tech. Forget about Prowlers or N'yami-class ships... apparently Wakanda doesn't have ANYTHING to contribute.
    3. Other than talking about how awesome Storm is (because she's a "goddess" and the "key to the rebel resistance" and "fearsome in battle") pretty much NOTHING HAPPENS. Lots of talking and posturing, but no plot momentum at all.
    4. There's a last-page reveal that's supposed to be "shocking", but is more "meh".

Why do I even bother...
    If that was done in ANYONE else's book in today's comic climate-heads would roll.

But this mess right here. When does the guy whose book this is get to do anything? This is not Storm's book. When is that memo arriving?

he talks about how Peter Parker has the worst luck in the Marvel U... life just keeps dumping on him.
    Life dumped on him? Funny how the dumping of life differs for Peter vs Panther.

Bad luck Peter still manage to get a HOT wife. And could have had his choice of MANY women.
    He fought and BEAT Venom, Carnage, Thanos and Doom.
    Yet still found time to fight Z listers like Hypo Hustler.
    Yet still found time to make friends with likes of Rocket Racer and team up with him.
    And talk crap to Deadpool.
    And his HOT wife had her own book line, comic book series and found time to model and tell off Tony Stark.
    How many spinoffs did this Bad Luck loser toss out? Without him being CHUMP out in his own book?
    With the exception of Ultimate Spider-Man & Dr Oct Spider-Man-no Peter Parker book has been a stealth book for Miles or his HOT wife.

Yet with Black Panther......

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Dang you guys really took off from this morning lol.

Let's see. You know, what does does it say to you as a BP fan, thst the preview shown of tchalla, is the only time we see him. In his own solo. What foed that say about the writer? About editorial? About marvel in general for turning down Redjack for.. smelly, runny dog isht?

I swear, the djahlia snf Coates tenure on BP need to be destroyed, taking changa, the ma, and Eden with them. Akili is cool enough donhe can stay.

Seriously though what's it going to take to get him off the book? When out of franchise Characters, maroon tech, etc are what we see. How is This giving T'Challa or Wakanda any feats? Any development, any growth, and sort of meaningful arc?

The dude hates T'Challa, and editorial is allowing it because they don't give a isht. Otherwise they would of tightened their grip like they have for this cap book. Let T'Challa be cool again. Let Redjack out some meaningful work on him.
    LET T'CHALLA BE THE STAR IN HOS DAMN COMIC

They don't have to.

Cap America. He has competition. It's called Batman, Superman, Hal Jordan and so many others. SO Marvel is going to have a tight gripe. Especially with a black writer on the main Cap America book.

Black Panther-Oscar winning movie & billion dollar box office. He NEVER has to worry about shelf space in stores ever again. However aside from Miles-who is his competition? In terms of black heroes. It's him and Miles by default. So in Marvel's mind why raise the standards when you don't have to.

They are treating Black Panther like DC treats Cyborg. Them being around is good enough. With the mindset FANS will accept that. As we are seeing those fans are NOT happy.

Now you might ask Carol Danvers has a billion dollar movie too yet her book is actually doing well and getting decent reviews. Because Carol is still in the shadows of WW, Harley, Supergirl, Catwoman & Lois Lane. All she did was prove that there is room for a LOT more female lead books.

Holy isht... That's all I can say.. holy frakking isht.. bast is portrayed now to not only take on the form of a child, but act like one too, maroon tech is shown over Wakandan tech, and Eden and Storm are the keys and MVPs of the franchise? You know what's funny? They show Monica cage etc shoe up yet they are no where to be seen. Monica could do just as much if not more then Storm, easily. But Coates has such a hard on for x Characters that they have taken over the book. Based off you guys giving a run down I knew it was isht... But cotdamn.. that was ishtty even by Coates standard's

My only comment on the new solicits:

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    They don't have to.

Cap America. He has competition. It's called Batman, Superman, Hal Jordan and so many others. SO Marvel is going to have a tight gripe. Especially with a black writer on the main Cap America book.

Black Panther-Oscar winning movie & billion dollar box office. He NEVER has to worry about shelf space in stores ever again. However aside from Miles-who is his competition? In terms of black heroes. It's him and Miles by default. So in Marvel's mind why raise the standards when you don't have to.

They are treating Black Panther like DC treats Cyborg. Them being around is good enough. With the mindset FANS will accept that. As we are seeing those fans are NOT happy.

Now you might ask Carol Danvers has a billion dollar movie too yet her book is actually doing well and getting decent reviews. Because Carol is still in the shadows of WW, Harley, Supergirl, Catwoman & Lois Lane. All she did was prove that there is room for a LOT more female lead books.
    I dunno man, o mean marvel comic's is a business and Making money is what they want, ontop of that your tapping into another demographic, one that proved via the movie, that there is a market that's wide open. So why would they squander money? Grab Redjack and be done with it, the book stabilizes, bigger bucks for issues and trades, and the book will actually attract new readers and keep fans

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post

CONAN: BATTLE FOR THE SERPENT CROWN #3 (OF 5)
    SALADIN AHMED (W) • LUKE ROSS (A) • Cover by Mahmud Asrar
    Variant Cover by RICCARDO FEDERICI
    VARIANT COVER BY IBAN COELLO
    CONAN IN WAKANDA!
    • CONAN’s quest for the SERPENT CROWN has transported him and co-adventurer NYLA SKIN to WAKANDA!
    • The technologically advanced nation will certainly take the Barbarian by surprise…but not nearly as much as the even more ancient discovery hidden there!
    • And if Conan thinks he’s going to steal from a country protected by the BLACK PANTHER…he’s got another thing coming!
    32 PGS./Parental Advisory …$3.99
    I love how much attention has been paid to the Serpent Crown. One of my favorite cosmic artifacts from Marvel’s past.

Spectacular Member

Kelly Thompson is a bad writer. Does no research about other characters. Stopped reading the CM book after issue 4. I just picked up the last 3 to see if it got better, it didn't. Will never pick it up again.

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    "Make T'Challa Great Again"
    This should be the next trending topic for the movie. Coats is never going to change he's too bought into his own BS. But coogler can correct his depiction in the second movie and give us a superhero that is undeniably worth video games and his own animated cartoons and movies

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    The way things are going maybe we should rename this board the "Black Panther Anonymous - Support Group 2020".
    I think this is an excellent idea.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Holy isht... That's all I can say.. holy frakking isht.. bast is portrayed now to not only take on the form of a child, but act like one too, maroon tech is shown over Wakandan tech, and Eden and Storm are the keys and MVPs of the franchise? You know what's funny? They show Monica cage etc shoe up yet they are no where to be seen. Monica could do just as much if not more then Storm, easily. But Coates has such a hard on for x Characters that they have taken over the book. Based off you guys giving a run down I knew it was isht... But cotdamn.. that was ishtty even by Coates standard's
    I actually peeped some preview pages of how Coates did Bast dirty, and just decided to say anything until some of you had a chance to read the book.

I've said it before but I have no problem reiterating the fact that Coates has no love for the Black Panther Mythos.

He proves this with every issue of the solo book that drops but to his hard core devotees, he can do no wrong as long as their personal get shine in T'Challa's solo.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    This should be the next trending topic for the movie. Coats is never going to change he's too bought into his own BS. But coogler can correct his depiction in the second movie and give us a superhero that is undeniably worth video games and his own animated cartoons and movies
    He already did in the first. All he needs to do is continue to build on what he established. And maybe throw in that upgrade joke I keep mentioning

How many issues has it been since NuNakia showed up? 3? Coates probably gonna make her the spy. With the possibility of a spy among them you'd think they'll be on that.

I've been really loving this book lately man. I'm going to always read BP because he's my favorite character but now this is def my favorite book. It did take a few seasons but now it feels like BP could go on for a while at this level and id be completely elated.

I'm curious what comes from the Djalia stuff, I must admit I love those moments alot. I thought it was interesting his father saying I would have taught you so much more than being the master strategist because you can't predict everything. Hopefully that hints at him getting some noticeable growth (or new abilities we always love those).

It's a high chance Killmonger comes out of this stronger than he's ever been before as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    "Make T'Challa Great Again"
    It is a shame that such phrase has been uttered since we are talking about this man:

Anyway, Coates' current characterization of the Panther Goddess Bast is unappealing to me in contrast to how some of the other writers perceived her in their writing.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XJlock View Post
    It is a shame that such phrase has been uttered since we are talking about this man:

Anyway, Coates' current characterization of the Panther Goddess Bast is unappealing to me in contrast to how some of the other writers perceived her in their writing.

Is that Ken Lashley?