Page 298 of 750 FirstFirst ... 198248288294295296297298299300301302308348398 ... LastLast
Results 4,456 to 4,470 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    M

In other news Janelle Monae wants to be Storm in BP2 and to do her justice.

https://thedirect.com/article/janell...mpression=true
    I don't think any actor/actress who has publicly campaigned for a certain role in the MCU has gotten it.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I can't lie, on a technical level Coates is probably the strongest writer of the BP scribes save maybe McGregor. The issue is that like McGregor his writing is too poetic and unnatural sounding. It has the effect of making all his characters sound the same and sucking the fun out of any dialogue they have lol. T'Challa and his elite friends should sound sophisticated, but not like philosophers.
    Nah not even. Sure he can throw in some poetry and rely on his writings,m and such, but he cannot convey any sort of life I to these characters. They are robotic, full of flowery poetry and nothing else. Nothing about his writing is strong I. Regards to BP comics

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I don't think any actor/actress who has publicly campaigned for a certain role in the MCU has gotten it.
    Naw fam! So this lady that has said she feels that black men should not be included in rap/hip hop. If we are so toxic then don't try to be in a movie that highlights a prominent black male character then. Besides I'm in the camp of Marvel Marvel getting a woman that is African, if not Kenyan. She's beautiful and all but let's keep that pro-black positive energy!

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Regarding the latest (and apparently last) issue of Black Panther & The Agents of Wakanda:

spoilers:
    T'challa isn't in it. It's basically a random Fin Fang Foom & Broo story. And they used the last page to advertise an Empyre tie-in that was canceled.
    end of spoilers

So one more Black Panther tie-in ends not with a bang, but a whimper.
    Is this some type of requirement? Seriously why is it that BP tie ends called "BP and X" are on some bullisht with stupid ass endings or m showcasing c listers that take up panel space that have a very small niche following? I mean really does anyone give two ishts about broo? What could of been a cool side book highlighting wakandan tech, superspy missions and how T'Challa is making big plays is instead used to prop up others.. like.. cotdamn can no one at Marvel out any damn respect on T'Challas name?

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Naw fam! So this lady that has said she feels that black men should not be included in rap/hip hop. If we are so toxic then don't try to be in a movie that highlights a prominent black male character then. Besides I'm in the camp of Marvel Marvel getting a woman that is African, if not Kenyan. She's beautiful and all but let's keep that pro-black positive energy!
    "Black men ain't isht!! Also let me in this all black movie featuring a black male as a character who isn't even apart of the mythos but is trying to slide in because her home mythos dont give a frak about her please and thank you!"

Naw I don't want anybody with that ass backwards mind set of trying to out down one to prop up the other. BP is all about excellence and both black men and women are treated with respect

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

There's Simu Liu who actively and publicly campaigned for Shang-Chi and got it, but he's the only one and besides he had the credentials to back it up and auditioned.

Monae seems like the kind of pick Marvel would get for the role but I don't know if she'll get it. She wouldn't be a bad choice but I can see others in the role doing a great job also.

What is happening here? It looks like you guys are fighting... letting go of steam is a good thing but within boundaries.

Anyway, I wanted to ask you guys if Black Panther (2018-Present) is canon, I mean Earth 616 or is it alternative Earth? I couldn't find info anywhere, so I was hoping you would know.
    Last edited by The92Ghost; 07-08-2020 at 09:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vladko92 View Post
    What is happening here? It looks like you guys are fighting... letting go of steam is a good thing but within boundaries.
    this... this thread is rather calm?

Anyway, I wanted to ask you guys if Black Panther (2018-Present) is canon, I mean Earth 616 or is it alternative Earth? I couldn't find info anywhere, so I was hoping you would know.
    Both.

spoilers:
    Intergalactic Wakanda was gotten there on accident when T'challa went through a wormhole, and then he brought back through another wormhole thing to present wakanda
    end of spoilers

Canon in the way all time/space travel type stuff is canon.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Naw fam! So this lady that has said she feels that black men should not be included in rap/hip hop.
    Wait what lol.

this... this thread is rather calm?
    Loverly reaction. Reminds me of the BP personality. Very cute in a way.

Both.

spoilers:
    Intergalactic Wakanda was gotten there on accident when T'challa went through a wormhole, and then he brought back through another wormhole thing to present wakanda
    end of spoilers

Canon in the way all time/space travel type stuff is canon.
    I see thank you. So T'Challa and Ororo slept together since when he was back he longed for her. Good, I was hoping they will slowly get them back together. I am happy to see it, now if only they touch on that over to Dawn of X series.
    Last edited by The92Ghost; 07-08-2020 at 11:17 AM.

Wait what lol.
    Lol, yeah my G. If I were more tech savvy like some of you guys I would cut and paste, but I believe that it's on Twitter. She was talking that babble. Trying to low key insist on male toxicity stuff. Black excellence is male and female. I don't wanna see anyone that subscribes to Coatesism injected into anything else BP related.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Nah not even. Sure he can throw in some poetry and rely on his writings,m and such, but he cannot convey any sort of life I to these characters. They are robotic, full of flowery poetry and nothing else. Nothing about his writing is strong I. Regards to BP comics
    Don't get me wrong, Coates is not a good BP writer. But if we're talking prose I'd argue he's better than most writers who've taken on BP. If he cut back on the poetry he'd be one of the strongest technical writers at Marvel. The dude is an award winning journalist and it shows. Doesn't mean he wouldn't have trash ideas or that he removes any joy from his characters, just that he knows how to construct a sentence that flows well.

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    In other news Janelle Monae wants to be Storm in BP2 and to do her justice.

https://thedirect.com/article/janell...mpression=true
    Janelle Monae would be better off in the role of Princess Zanda, the ruler of Narobia, than Storm.

She'd be a better Dazzler than Storm.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Don't get me wrong, Coates is not a good BP writer. But if we're talking prose I'd argue he's better than most writers who've taken on BP. If he cut back on the poetry he'd be one of the strongest technical writers at Marvel. The dude is an award winning journalist and it shows. Doesn't mean he wouldn't have trash ideas or that he removes any joy from his characters, just that he knows how to construct a sentence that flows well.
    I honestly don't agree with this but maybe his writing style just isn't for me.