Page 422 of 750 FirstFirst ... 322372412418419420421422423424425426432472522 ... LastLast
Results 6,316 to 6,330 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    If you don't get it, then you don't get it.
    You're right, I don't get it. You're arguing they shouldn't make her BP for 2 movies, then take the title from her. I would agree. And I think Coogler would too.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    The thing is, T'Challa's story hasn't played out completely in the MCU like Tony, Steve and a few of the others. These guys stories had a beginning , middle and ending. His story isn't over.

Not trying to be insensitive but it's like someone said, Bosemans' death doesn't mean T'Challa is dead.
    No, I mean, I agree about that. But, by the same logic, wouldn't Shuri's story be similarly far from completion after only two films? Why would they be read to ditch her early, when they weren't for any others?

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    No, I mean, I agree about that. But, by the same logic, wouldn't Shuri's story be similarly far from completion after only two films? Why would they be read to ditch her early, when they weren't for any others?
    The nice thing about Letitia, unlike a lot of mcu actors, is that she's actually fairly young. Potentially she's a long term investment if her and marvel want Shuri to be. They can get a lot of mileage out of her.

Because the story of T'Challa is incomplete. I don't see them starting a different chapter of the BP saga with Shuri while leaving T'Challa's story infinished.

How long of an arc would they run with Shuri before making the change? What stories did Coogler have for T'Challa? I don't think that should be discarded even with Bosemans' death. Shuri's arc would have to be something entirely different. Maybe somewhere down the line she can take up the mantle but I think T'Challa's story should be complete before we begin Shuri's story.

I'm not saying Shuri can't or shouldn't become BP, I'm just saying that we should finish the story of T'Challa before moving on.

T'challa dealing with the reprocussions of opening the country and trying to help people needs to be addresed

MCU shuri ain't ready for that BP trial. Other tribes would be licking their chops. M'baku would break her in half.

She. Wasn't. Even. The. First. Or. Second. Choice. In. BP.

Ramonda chose Nakia and then Nakia said naw, let's get M'baku. While next in line princess shuri is standing right here and didn't ask for the herb once.

MCU shuri is not about that life. Can she fight in a pinch? Sure. But she is a lab rat. That is her character.

I thought "omg shuri in the lab is inspirational to black girls everywhere!" What happened to that? Why did it turn into "shuri has to be BP" so fast?

Some of yall are trying to change her whole MCU character just because of "da comics"
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    T'challa dealing with the reprocussions of opening the country and trying to help people needs to be addresed

MCU shuri ain't ready for that BP trial. Other tribes would be licking their chops. M'baku would break her in half.

She. Wasn't. Even. The. First. Or. Second. Choice. In. BP.

Ramonda chose Nakia and then Nakia said naw, let's get M'baku. While next in line princess shuri is standing right here and didn't ask for the herb once.

MCU shuri is not about that life. Can she fight in a pinch? Sure. But she is a lab rat. That is her character.

I thought "omg shuri in the lab is inspirational to black girls everywhere!" What happened to that? Why did it turn into "shuri has to be BP" so fast?

Some of yall are trying to change her whole MCU character just because of "da comics"
    Course, now that I think about it I'm also pretty sure M'Baku could have broken T'Chaka in half. Sort of makes you wonder how he kept the throne, unless T'Challa was allowed to fight in his place. Or maybe T'Chaka was just tougher than he looks.

But here's the thing about Shuri... as this is a monarchy and she is a part of the royal family, they should have prepared her for the possibility of being ruler. If they didn't do that then yes, for the sake of Wakanda she shouldn't become ruler. But that's on the Royal family. Hopefully the incident with Killmonger would have made them realize the problem and get her ready if she's not.

T'Challa is the Black Panther, Shuri is a supporting character. By your logic 3/4 of the main cast should be in 2-3 additional movies. If Shuri and the rest of the support cast aren't in other movies that's perfectly fine. T'Challa is the creation of Kirby and Lee. Marvel movies or comics are crazy to get away from The guy !!!

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    T'Challa is the Black Panther, Shuri is a supporting character. By your logic 3/4 of the main cast should be in 2-3 additional movies. If Shuri and the rest of the support cast aren't in other movies that's perfectly fine. T'Challa is the creation of Kirby and Lee. Marvel movies or comics are crazy to get away from The guy !!!
    The thing is, you wouldn't make her Black Panther if she's only supporting cast. IF they give her the mantle and put her on the throne, then she becomes the main charcter.

Which isn't to say they need to make her BLack Panther. But the point being IF they do, they will and should go all in with her. The Black Panther should be the main character of the Black Panther movies, whether it's T'Challa or Shuir or Kasper Cole or Killmonger or whatever.

A friend and I were having a discussion about the MCU. I say let the movie universe evolve in ways you don’t see in the comics. Make someone else the Black Panther. Move on from Stark, Rogers, & Thor. Tell great stories with their replacements. I’d love to see that in comics. My friend, who’s more of an old school 80’s comic guy, says give Panther a rest but replace Chadwick as T’challa eventually. He’s also a fan of rebooting one day. I HATE that idea. Let everything play out realistically. I’m more interested in the stories than I am one version of a character. Let Shuri be the new Black Panther. That growth is will make the MCU more interesting down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    If you'd been paying attention, you'd have noted I'm not personally advocating for Shuri to assume the mantle.

We were discussing a hypothetical situation where Shuri had been promoted from supporting cast to lead role. "My logic" was simply that if Marvel were to make Shuri a lead character, there's not reason to think that she wouldn't be treated as one by Marvel Studios.

Quote Originally Posted by Stick Figure View Post
    A friend and I were having a discussion about the MCU. I say let the movie universe evolve in ways you don’t see in the comics. Make someone else the Black Panther. Move on from Stark, Rogers, & Thor. Tell great stories with their replacements. I’d love to see that in comics. My friend, who’s more of an old school 80’s comic guy, says give Panther a rest but replace Chadwick as T’challa eventually. He’s also a fan of rebooting one day. I HATE that idea. Let everything play out realistically. I’m more interested in the stories than I am one version of a character. Let Shuri be the new Black Panther. That growth is will make the MCU more interesting down the road.
    The great thing about movies is that they can do something with characters that comics cannot due... they can evole.

Tony Stark, Steve Rogers, and THor will NEVER leave the comics. At least not permanently. They can die or retire or whatever, and we'll see them again 2 years tops. But movies are different... if Sam is handed the shield, we're not looking at our watches and counting down the seconds until he inevitably hands it back to Steve. He actually gets to keep it. And there's definately something cool about that.

Of course, as others have mentioned this doesn't necessarily apply to T'Challa in the same way. Steve finished his story... whether or not Coogler believes T'Challa did is obviously up to Coogler.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Course, now that I think about it I'm also pretty sure M'Baku could have broken T'Chaka in half. Sort of makes you wonder how he kept the throne, unless T'Challa was allowed to fight in his place. Or maybe T'Chaka was just tougher than he looks.

But here's the thing about Shuri... as this is a monarchy and she is a part of the royal family, they should have prepared her for the possibility of being ruler. If they didn't do that then yes, for the sake of Wakanda she shouldn't become ruler. But that's on the Royal family. Hopefully the incident with Killmonger would have made them realize the problem and get her ready if she's not.
    As funny as the thought of T’Chaka beating M’Baku is, I doubt that’s the case lol. There’s probably some tradition where once the Black Panther reaches an advanced age, they have a champion fight for them on Challenge Day. If they win, they get to rule until they die and that champion can fight for the right to be both Black Panther and king/queen. Or maybe it’s just an honor thing where after winning however many Challenge Days the tribes just let you rule until you physically can’t anymore.
    Last edited by chief12d; 09-02-2020 at 08:14 PM.

Run the clock out...

Doctor Strange 2 and 3...

Guardians of The Galaxy 3...

Captain Marvel 2 and 3...

Spiderman 3...

Eternals 1 and only...

Shang Chi... One and only

Black Widow 1 and only obviously...

Reboot the entire MCU...

New Stark, new Cap, new T'challa, new everybody but younger...

Insert Mahershala Ali/Blade (vampires don't age anyway), Namor, Doom, Fantastic Four, X-men etc etc

Secret Wars???

A brand new start gives everybody the shared responsibility to replace icons with little or no pressure on any individual actor!

You could actually pull an issue #52 Fantastic Four and reintroduce Black Panther that way and also explore his "spying" on other super hero teams including The Avengers!

The Marvel universe is a large playground full of new ideas and scenarios and sometimes tragedies like Chadwick's passing, Covid 19 and international politics can exhaust fans some of whom have tanked NBA ratings!
    Get Hectic!

If you'd been paying attention, you'd have noted I'm not personally advocating for Shuri to assume the mantle.

We were discussing a hypothetical situation where Shuri had been promoted from supporting cast to lead role. "My logic" was simply that if Marvel were to make Shuri a lead character, there's not reason to think that she wouldn't be treated as one by Marvel Studios.
    Have a couple of seats with your tone, I definitely don't attack folk in here, anyone posting in here i consider Panther family, if there was misunderstanding it's all good, I might have missed your earlier post and not connected your full train of thought. It does happen sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    As funny as the thought of T’Chaka beating M’Baku is, I doubt that’s the case lol. There’s probably some tradition where once the Black Panther reaches an advanced age, they have a champion fight for them on Challenge Day. If they win, they get to rule until they die and that champion can fight for the right to be both Black Panther and king/queen. Or maybe it’s just an honor thing where after winning however many Challenge Days the tribes just let you rule until you physically can’t anymore.
    It's somewhat of a more complex issue in the MCU than it is in the comics, because theoretically the throne and the mantle of the Black Panther are 2 seperate things. At the start of Civil War T'Chaka was king, but T'CHalla was the Black Panther. Obviously T'Challa combined those things and both transferred to Killmonger, but the fact that they were separate prior to that sort of makes you wonder how the challenges worked for T'Chaka. Do challengers fight the Black Panther instead of the king if they're not one and the same?

We'll probably never get the answer to these questions because for all intents and purposes the Black Panther title and the throne are now one and the same. But it would have been interesting to know how the challenges worked before.