Page 741 of 750 FirstFirst ... 241641691731737738739740741742743744745 ... LastLast
Results 11,101 to 11,115 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I don't get how they come up with these "Wakanda in strife" and think they are somehow original ideas. They have been been played out so many times it's so old
    It's like re-gifting. It's the same crap wrapped up in new, decorative paper.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    I'm guessing She-Hulk. Nobody seems to be complaining about how he's mangled her character for months.

Second guess would be Namor, because he's the only other person on the group cover without an ongoing or major MCU project.

T'Challa would be third.
    Those fans have had their claws out for MONTHS over how she has been done. It's just that they are civil about it. Although she now has a show coming so I would suspect that era of She Hulk will end.

Yeah, why not have Thunder Ball reform and work for BP?
    I think he has but you writers and EDITORS that act like it never happened. In Spider-Man books Rocket Racer is reformed yet when it comes for OTHER books to have criminals in the background-there he is with Thunder Ball for cameos.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    T'Challa in Fortnite

Now see, this is one of the reasons I wanted MCU BP to be recast.

I want to see the cape in live action, dammit!

Well since it's confirmed that Redjack won't be taking over I'd be interested in John Ridley getting a shot assuming he'd be interested. His Other History of DC book is incredible so far.

I think Evan Narcisse would be an excellent choice.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    to me, Wakanda must be a near utopia or there's no point.
    I'm fine with there being a tribe or cult that's not up with the rest, but all this Civil war stuff is beyond old
    I can do without it for the next decade or two and not have any complaints

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    yea except that new paper is actually the tattered paper you have had sitting in the back of your closest for ages that's got dust, cobweb's and rodent droppings on it

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadey View Post
    Well since it's confirmed that Redjack won't be taking over I'd be interested in John Ridley getting a shot assuming he'd be interested. His Other History of DC book is incredible so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    I think Evan Narcisse would be an excellent choice.
    Either of them would be excellent options, especially Evan Narcisse, whose writing on Rise of the Black Panther I enjoyed along with his writing for Miles Morales in the recent Spider-Man: Miles Morales game by Insomniac. That said, John Ridley would be great, too, not just for his The Other History of the DCU book, but also for a pair of original superhero novels he wrote years ago called Those Who Walk in Darkness and What Fire Cannot Burn, reexamining (if not deconstructing) the familiar trope of superhumans as targets of fear and hatred by ordinary humans through "flipping the script" and presenting that world from the viewpoint of those ordinary humans usually overlooked in traditional superhero tales. Now that I think about it, he does something similar in The Other History of the DC Universe, "flipping the script" this time by presenting the familiar world of DC heroes and villains from a different, albeit still commonly overlooked perspective --- nonwhite heroes in the DCU. In that same vein, I am looking forward to checking out his The Next Batman.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    That's been incredibly controversial among She-Hulk fans and on this very forum's She-Hulk appreciation thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Those fans have had their claws out for MONTHS over how she has been done. It's just that they are civil about it. Although she now has a show coming so I would suspect that era of She Hulk will end.
    Fair point. I'd forgotten about the TV show. That kicks Namor up a notch, since I doubt Feige would be happy with re-defining the She-Hulk character long-term in a way incompatible with the series. The only MCU news I've heard regarding Namor are basically wishful thinking.

As for the esteemed Doctor Franklin... the same month Coates had him being forcefully redeemed in Black Panther, he was a villain in Doctor Strange. Nobody cares what he's done in the book. As far as editorial is concerned, Aaron is writing Black Panther.

No Redjack on Black Panther ongoing...

So basically we will be getting some other writer who does not interact with the fans here on CBR!

Mister Thorne keep us posted on all your other projects...
    Get Hectic!

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    T'Challa in Fortnite

That’s a bloody fantastic merge of the Priest era/MCU suits.

Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post
    No Redjack on Black Panther ongoing...

So basically we will be getting some other writer who does not interact with the fans here on CBR!

Mister Thorne keep us posted on all your other projects...
    keep your eyes on JOHN STEWART and VIXEN

AND PLANET OF THE SYMBIOTES #2

And thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Just maybe A v X , along with Coates writing opened the floodgates for a Wakanda that seems to never be able to repel invaders anymore. I mean we got Iron Fist villains and whole ass cities pulling up now!

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Just maybe A v X , along with Coates writing opened the floodgates for a Wakanda that seems to never be able to repel invaders anymore. I mean we got Iron Fist villains and whole ass cities pulling up now!
    Honestly, I blame Hudlin. As I've said in the past, comics writers just _love_ breaking streaks. Pre-Hudlin, Wakanda was one country out of many. Higher-tech than most, more isolationist than many, but not unbeatable.

As soon as he claimed they'd never been conquered,other writers started thinking of ways to show how badass their villains are by showing that "they even beat Wakanda!"

After a while, it became less of a running gag (the geographical equivalent of the "Worf Effect") and more of an informed attribute. We're _told_ Wakanda is insanely well-defended, but nobody actually ever _shows_ it, because that would eliminate the conflict from their cliche-ridden stories.

It's for this reason, more than any other, that I find myself disenchanted with so-called "epic" storylines like Empyre or King In Black. I'd much rather see something smaller-scale, but more rooted in character. Yet Another Cosmic Menace™ just doesn't cut it.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Honestly, I blame Hudlin. As I've said in the past, comics writers just _love_ breaking streaks. Pre-Hudlin, Wakanda was one country out of many. Higher-tech than most, more isolationist than many, but not unbeatable.

As soon as he claimed they'd never been conquered,other writers started thinking of ways to show how badass their villains are by showing that "they even beat Wakanda!"

After a while, it became less of a running gag (the geographical equivalent of the "Worf Effect") and more of an informed attribute. We're _told_ Wakanda is insanely well-defended, but nobody actually ever _shows_ it, because that would eliminate the conflict from their cliche-ridden stories.

It's for this reason, more than any other, that I find myself disenchanted with so-called "epic" storylines like Empyre or King In Black. I'd much rather see something smaller-scale, but more rooted in character. Yet Another Cosmic Menace™ just doesn't cut it.
    Yeah, I feel you on that point. The formula is that 1. You hate all the universe 2. You job yourself a Galactus, Eternity, or the nearest Celestial 3. Attack earth! Its like writers don't bother with adding depth to these villains. You get the feeling that all these writers saw the blueprint for a good villain with MCU Thanos, applauded it, and went right back to business as usual...??? And I'm still waiting for a Black Panther centric crossover event. Marvel comics needs to be blown up and restarted with maybe Al Ewing and a host of new writers with a minimum of 3 good, imaginative Black male writers and two female writers, and build from there.