Page 647 of 750 FirstFirst ... 147547597637643644645646647648649650651657697747 ... LastLast
Results 9,691 to 9,705 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    If there's one thing that has infinitely pissed me off about Coates era and everyone associated with him, is their constant obsession with having Wakandans trying (or succeeding though not on panel thank Bast) to Rape people. With have 4 mentions/ attempts of it over the last 4 years. Seriously there have been more mentions and attempts of rape in the last 4 years, then the entirety of BPs publication history. Wtf is that?
    Lol, nothing says America like Apple pie and stereotypical narratives of black males!

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    The ultimate expression of male domination over women is rape. Coates wanted to communicate in the strongest possible terms that Wakanda has deep rooted sexism issues and the most potent way to do that is through sexual violence. And it makes his condemnation of T'Challa all the more powerful, because it's not Wakandan men just ignoring or disrespecting women on a cultural level, it's them physically dehumanizing the women of Wakanda right under the king's nose. It's a really aggressive way of pushing the narrative that T'Challa is an aloof, incompetent king, which is the core message of this run whether Coates intended it or not.
    I know, and it was done in such a stupid, convoluted and so contrived manner that it's cringey that Marvel green lit it. And 100% Coates intended it. It's why the MA were the only ones who actually did anything about it (even though they knew about it and purposely kept it secret) and then it was made worse when Coates had Shuri telling rape victims they should of accepted their fate, shut up and does for the glory of the Golden City.. and Marvel let this clown run rampant and unabated for 4 year's...?
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 11-25-2020 at 06:10 PM.

If there's one thing that has infinitely pissed me off about Coates era and everyone associated with him, is their constant obsession with having Wakandans trying (or succeeding though not on panel thank Bast) to Rape people. With have 4 mentions/ attempts of it over the last 4 years. Seriously there have been more mentions and attempts of rape in the last 4 years, then the entirety of BPs publication history. Wtf is that?
    No one has gotten raped 25 issues into Coates' Captain America yet so that should tell us something.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Villains? They were the heroines of that story. T'Challa was the villain.
    True, T'Challa's been the villain this entire run. Aren't they blaming him for the IGEW because he dared to send a ship into space to discover more vibranium?

I know, and it was done in such a stupid, convoluted and so contrived manner that it's cringey that Marvel green lit it. And 100% Coates intended it. It's why the MA were the only ones who actually did anything about it (even though they knew about it and purposely kept it secret) and then it was made worse when Coates had Shuri telling rape victims they should of accepted their fate, shut up and does for the glory of the Golden City.. and Marvel let this clown run rampant and unabated for 4 year's...?
    Yea I don't have an issue with the OCCASIONAL street crime in Wakanda, but showing literal rape camps after the kingdom had like a year before been restored is just character assassination. And Shuri telling the women they should accept it for the Golden City is simply stupid. The only way she'd be remotely justified in saying that is if Wakanda was possibly on the verge of destruction and she was on some "the ends justify the means" screed. I could buy that from her character pre-MCU lol. But the glory of the Golden City isn't hurt by saving rape victims in a time of peace, Coates was trying too hard to make Shuri look like a woman that makes the hard decisions in a situation that didn't fit.

The sword for returned to WK. Tchalla wasn't there for that either. Lol

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Pre-2018 T'Challa would've been shown receiving the sword personally. But then again, pre-2018 T'Challa wouldn't be making an appearance in this event. Which is probably for the best, but it does show how the movie opened up a world of opportunity for writers to use elements of the BP mythos without actually featuring T'Challa. They always could've done that, but the movie showed the sheer breadth of the Black Panther franchise and gave them a reason to do so. From a Dora featuring in Spider-Man Noir to Captain Marvel traveling to a vibranium mining planet, I'm still getting used to seeing Black Panther elements incorporated into the greater MU without seeing T'Challa. In Marauders it was used to disrespect the character but in Spider-Man Noir or Hotshots it added to the story. Hopefully we get more stuff like the latter if writers want to use aspects of the BP mythos.

So there’s nothing recent I can buy with Panther in it? OK *sigh*

See, he didn't even give a frak. They could have kept that sandwich-maker on Krakoa. It won't be mentioned in a BP book.

True, T'Challa's been the villain this entire run. Aren't they blaming him for the IGEW because he dared to send a ship into space to discover more vibranium?

Yea I don't have an issue with the OCCASIONAL street crime in Wakanda, but showing literal rape camps after the kingdom had like a year before been restored is just character assassination. And Shuri telling the women they should accept it for the Golden City is simply stupid. The only way she'd be remotely justified in saying that is if Wakanda was possibly on the verge of destruction and she was on some "the ends justify the means" screed. I could buy that from her character pre-MCU lol. But the glory of the Golden City isn't hurt by saving rape victims in a time of peace, Coates was trying too hard to make Shuri look like a woman that makes the hard decisions in a situation that didn't fit.
    I'm just waiting for Ghost to show up, build his drug empire and start selling heroine in the Golden City.

No one has gotten raped 25 issues into Coates' Captain America yet so that should tell us something.
    Dude has treated Cap WAY different thant BP. Hell Coates treated T'Challa way better in Caps book than he did in his solo.

There is no excuse for it. How do you take Shuri who, when she was Queen, held nuns captive to ensure they weren't a threat to her telling Rape victim's they should of sucked it up and died?

How do you take T'Challa, who went to America and raised all types of hell over a little girl who was killed, straight up left Wakanda and dropped everything, to an aloof "too distracted" king who can't seem know wtf is going on I. His own backyard?

Yet Coates could take the MA, who sided with known terrorists, who were killing the people they claimed to be protecting, and only left them when *shocker* Rape became a thing again and then they were threatened with destruction if they decided to aid a known terrorist, and hid with their tails between their legs, then came out and demanded land they forcibly took from another tribe, and makes them the heroes??

Coates era is just one agenda ridden, half baked idea after another with no coherency or idea how it gets to the point and just hamfists whatever to push the story (slowly) along, no matter how contradictory or little sense it makes.

Incredible Member

Dude has treated Cap WAY different thant BP. Hell Coates treated T'Challa way better in Caps book than he did in his solo.

There is no excuse for it. How do you take Shuri who, when she was Queen, held nuns captive to ensure they weren't a threat to her telling Rape victim's they should of sucked it up and died?

How do you take T'Challa, who went to America and raised all types of hell over a little girl who was killed, straight up left Wakanda and dropped everything, to an aloof "too distracted" king who can't seem know wtf is going on I. His own backyard?

Yet Coates could take the MA, who sided with known terrorists, who were killing the people they claimed to be protecting, and only left them when *shocker* Rape became a thing again and then they were threatened with destruction if they decided to aid a known terrorist, and hid with their tails between their legs, then came out and demanded land they forcibly took from another tribe, and makes them the heroes??

Coates era is just one agenda ridden, half baked idea after another with no coherency or idea how it gets to the point and just hamfists whatever to push the story (slowly) along, no matter how contradictory or little sense it makes.
    I shouldn't have read this first thing in the morning. Now I'm fired up in the worst way.

That sword is going to be a trivia question for BP fans in 5 years lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

BANNED

Perfectly put. I don't know how a advanced civilization on Africa can be so much associated with rape. It's a major problem I hae with Coates on Black Panther.
    It looks to only feed on colonial stereotypes of black men

Happy Thanksgiving to all my Wakandan brothers and sisters out there! Stay safe and stay healthy! Amandla!

MAN yall really don't dig Coates stuff eh?