Page 145 of 750 FirstFirst ... 4595135141142143144145146147148149155195245645 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,175 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, practically everyone tried to subdue her to no avail. It seemed almost impossible to get a clean win against her for more then a second.

She was more overpowered then the show's actual main villain.
    Yeah that's fine though, it kinda gave her a little more credibility. But also I think the situation was also similar to Bask too, T'Challa lost to her but I think it's very difficult to show a man and woman so straight up fighting because of the man is winning then it does look abusive, so they gotta go with the subdue angle to make it less.. intense looking

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, practically everyone tried to subdue her to no avail. It seemed almost impossible to get a clean win against her for more then a second.

She was more overpowered then the show's actual main villain.
    you guys don't even know what her powers are or why she has them because i never told anyone. and i'm not going to unless i get to write her again.

she's not "over powered." she's formidable enough to take down the Panther which is what every villain I write needs to be. M'Baku was also that formidable. As was Killmonger, as was Masque. See the pattern?

The villain(s) must ALWAYS be better/more capable/powerful than the hero(es) or the journey and struggle are worthless.

Yeah that's fine though, it kinda gave her a little more credibility. But also I think the situation was also similar to Bask too, T'Challa lost to her but I think it's very difficult to show a man and woman so straight up fighting because of the man is winning then it does look abusive, so they gotta go with the subdue angle to make it less.. intense looking
    Bask kicked his ass. The end.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    Bask kicked his ass. The end.
    I'm not denying that at all, but what I'm saying is, generally, in shows, typically when it comes down to a straight up fist fight against a man and a woman, you aren't going to see a straight up beat down from the mans side. Like how handily bask beat T'Challa, you wouldn't see the reverse happen generally because it would bw perceived as a man beating on a woman, even an even match of say, T'Challa vs Erik, where they are both going to take a beating from each other, you don't usually see that time of violent exchange between a man and a woman, and I mean those brutal scraps as in the fights on a the ground and one is straddling the other punching their face into the ground scrap. Why? Because that looks frakked up.

So usually what happens is if the woman is much stronger it becomes nearly a one-sided beat down, if the man is stronger it becomes either a game of cat and mouse where or a submission game and maybe they might get a couple licks but nothing usually like a solid 5 hit combo to the face.

Again Thisnis downplaying any of the female antagonists at all, but rather acknowledging there is a fine line that has to be walked when men and women fight like that. Which is why it makes Zanda all the more Interesting and cool of a villain because as frontier said, she never really lost to anybody man or woman and the only reason she lost was because of her main flaw (which T'Challa pointed out) her vanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I'm not denying that at all, but what I'm saying is, generally, in shows, typically when it comes down to a straight up fist fight against a man and a woman, you aren't going to see a straight up beat down from the mans side. Like how handily bask beat T'Challa, you wouldn't see the reverse happen generally because it would bw perceived as a man beating on a woman, even an even match of say, T'Challa vs Erik, where they are both going to take a beating from each other, you don't usually see that time of violent exchange between a man and a woman, and I mean those brutal scraps as in the fights on a the ground and one is straddling the other punching their face into the ground scrap. Why? Because that looks frakked up.

So usually what happens is if the woman is much stronger it becomes nearly a one-sided beat down, if the man is stronger it becomes either a game of cat and mouse where or a submission game and maybe they might get a couple licks but nothing usually like a solid 5 hit combo to the face.

Again Thisnis downplaying any of the female antagonists at all, but rather acknowledging there is a fine line that has to be walked when men and women fight like that. Which is why it makes Zanda all the more Interesting and cool of a villain because as frontier said, she never really lost to anybody man or woman and the only reason she lost was because of her main flaw (which T'Challa pointed out) her vanity.
    Zanda is special.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

whoo chile. I never imagined i would see you be ok with tchalla getting his arse handed to him (especially by a female character). thank goodness it wasnt coates who did this!!!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Lookahere...

In a world of equality which includes female super heroes and female super villains alike if Hulk can get the Thanos hands so too can any active combatant that steps in harms way get that smoke regardless of race, culture, creed or gender!

With that said when Princess Zanda acts all out of pocket Black Panther has the official green light from the original Rhodey himself to...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-StMfE8NrA

She Hulk, Hela, Wonder Woman and Supergirl all approve of this message for more than obvious reasons!

Carry on...
    Get Hectic!

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Translated to english.
    Yesterday on Jimmy Fallon's show, Angela Bassett (who plays T'Challa's mother in "Black Panther") stated that in the second installment we will see a new costume for the King of Wakanda

Every hero gets a new suit every movie, hardly news. But better than the usual nonsense that gets "reported".

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Every hero gets a new suit every movie, hardly news. But better than the usual nonsense that gets "reported".
    Yeah. Even if it's a slight change, it'll happen to justify creating a whole new set of actions figures and whatever other merchandise they sell.

Plus, in T'CHalla's sense it makes sense since Shuri clearly is upgrading his tech. But maybe we'll even get multiple suits for different sorts of situations. Like a stealth suit or a heavier armored one. That might be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    whoo chile. I never imagined i would see you be ok with tchalla getting his arse handed to him (especially by a female character). thank goodness it wasnt coates who did this!!!!
    I don't know why you would think that I wouldn't be, o have never said or hinted that T'Challa can never lose to male or female characters. The difference between Redjack and Coates is that in BP quest, Redjack established tchallas capabilities and raised the threats up to and above his level, not lowering T'Challa down to match the threat like Coates did. Redjack had T'Challa face off against IM and best him handily, IM + WS, Cap Marvel, Thor, IM again. All in the same episode.

Coates? Goonslam gary gave T'Challa a tough time, he has yet to defeat any villain on his own without help and the big bads twice now have been beaten by supporting cast (hell in S1 Akili could of killed Tetu when he ran up on him, but he he did take away all credibility of Tetu as a threat)

And Coates did do it. In S1 issue 2, he had T'Challa stupidly run headlong into a confrontation with Zenzi without a plan or back up it anything, he literally just walked in blind and got beat, and you know what? I wasn't okay with it because it was stupid and not at all how T'Challa faces unknown threats.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    They better throw the scene in I keep talking about with T'Challa making the joke back to Shuri about improvement

Mighty Member

Sure she can do that. But to explore her it needs to be in her own Solo, as i have said in previous posts.also being that the Comics are adopting the MCU version her responsibility changes. But having her leaf the spy and design group works well enough.

Manifold and Shuri didn't even have a relationship. Like the entire time they had I think one actual conversation in 4 years that showed anything resembling a slight development of a relationship. Like manifold their relationship was just thrown in without any context or explanation
    Frankly, as much as it would be superb for Shuri to have her own solo series.....and I would give it a shot if written right...but she can still be explored in the main BP comic. How do you think vast teams upon teams of Xmen have had an abundance of explored characters in their team setting?

Its just a matter of the writing.

As for Manuri/Shuld, I like them together and hope their relationship gets explored. I don't want her to like Storm who just spreads it for almost every tom, dick and harry.

I want Shuri to be like Tchalla who does not just eff about in an ocean of randomly rotating love interests like Tony Stark and Wolverine.

I want Tchalla and Shuri to have some class, dignity and integrity that separates them from the others.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    My ideas are for fixes without making drastic changes. What you want is pre movie Shuri who, I think has died and will only be around so long as writers are willing to keep going with Coates's story.

It obvious that Marvel wants MCU Shuri in the 616 because they think it will generate the most return. My ideas integrate that Shuri without relegating her to a minor support character.

Your proposal gives them the Putin/Medvedev relationship. One of them is going to be redundant at some point.
    My proposal can do just fine with any version Shuri so far.

You mentioned about one them going to be redundant... How?

I mentioned clearly in my proposal that Shuri takes over leadership royalty duties in Wakanda when Tchalla is on mission or preoccupied elsewhere (AoW, Avengers, Congress of Worlds, Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda/ IEW, etc) and if Shuri is also unavailable then the council of tribal elders spearheaded by the Queen mother become custodians of the thrown/leadership till either Shuri and/or Tchalla return or delegate otherwise.