Page 301 of 360 FirstFirst ... 201251291297298299300301302303304305311351 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,515 of 5393
  1. #4501
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    954

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    I can't help but to be mad about Marvel going all-in on a Miles Morales video game instead of a black panther video game. Can you imagine how big a deal that would have been for the PS5 to debut a Black Panther video game that they actually put effort into instead of the 9th Spider-Man game but with an alternate reality version that they can tout as diversity.

    Also, no fan of Janell for Storm. The last thing coogler needs is more actors to pander to at the expense of black panther specifically.
    I don't see any reason to be mad. Miles is a great black male character who is carving out his own space in one of the largest franchises on Earth. It shouldn't have to be an either or situation. Miles getting a game and it being a massive success could very well inspire Marvel to see potential in a Black Panther game. Personally I think characters immersed in fictional worlds (BP and Thor most notably) have the most potential for video games because you can do a bunch of epic worldbuilding like Elder Scrolls. Even if they're not as storied as Spider-Man or Batman, the fact they live in places so far removed from the rest of Earth means you can really dig into lore and do reinvention of rogues and concepts.

  2. #4502
    Uncanny Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    30,587

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    I can't help but to be mad about Marvel going all-in on a Miles Morales video game instead of a black panther video game. Can you imagine how big a deal that would have been for the PS5 to debut a Black Panther video game that they actually put effort into instead of the 9th Spider-Man game but with an alternate reality version that they can tout as diversity.

    Also, no fan of Janell for Storm. The last thing coogler needs is more actors to pander to at the expense of black panther specifically.
    It's probably more a Sony thing than a marvel thing. Sony owns the movie rights to Miles, and they make the Playstation.

  3. #4503
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    9,002

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I don't see any reason to be mad. Miles is a great black male character who is carving out his own space in one of the largest franchises on Earth. It shouldn't have to be an either or situation. Miles getting a game and it being a massive success could very well inspire Marvel to see potential in a Black Panther game. Personally I think characters immersed in fictional worlds (BP and Thor most notably) have the most potential for video games because you can do a bunch of epic worldbuilding like Elder Scrolls. Even if they're not as storied as Spider-Man or Batman, the fact they live in places so far removed from the rest of Earth means you can really dig into lore and do reinvention of rogues and concepts.
    Pretty much this. As a fan of both Spider-Man and Black Panther in just about all their respective incarnations and media, there's plenty of room for both Miles and T'Challa to have great, sprawling triple-A games that explore and expand their respective settings, histories, and characters. Hell, I think it'd be cool if Miles got an upgrade from T'Challa the same way T'Challa once hooked up the Falcon with those wings.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  4. #4504
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    9,479

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    I can't help but to be mad about Marvel going all-in on a Miles Morales video game instead of a black panther video game. Can you imagine how big a deal that would have been for the PS5 to debut a Black Panther video game that they actually put effort into instead of the 9th Spider-Man game but with an alternate reality version that they can tout as diversity.

    Also, no fan of Janell for Storm. The last thing coogler needs is more actors to pander to at the expense of black panther specifically.
    NOBODY and I mean NOBODY expect Black Panther movie to do what it did. NOBODY.

    Antman numbers-sure.

    But to sit up and in your FIRST movie to make a billion and win 3 Oscars. Along with making more money than DC's ICONS-who were in a Justice League movie.

    Nobody could have expected that.

    Remember it takes years for some of these games to be made. We are 2 years removed from Black Panther movie. It will still take time to convince folks to make that game.

    Even Wonder Woman can't get a game. Static has a complete game that never came out before she and many others could get a shot.



    Which is basically what I meant by squandered potential. BP is the most successful solo superhero film in _history_, and what does Marvel editorial do?

    Let some editorial columnist drag the main title into a poorly-paced exploration of African history and slap his name on a D-list Avengers title.

    Utterly wasted. And for what? So they can say that they have a "superstar writer". :P
    Pretty much

  5. #4505
    Astonishing Member Dboi654's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    2,837

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    A marketer is always going to favor the bigger brand. BP got an enormous boost with his film's release, but as a brand, I doubt he's yet in Spider-Man's league. Sad, but true.

    Honestly, this one's almost too fast. Keeping up is a chore.
    It is rumoured that there is a suicide squad game in the works and that is not a particularly strong brand despite its box office success with the movie.

  6. #4506
    Extraordinary Member Ezyo1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    8,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Which is basically what I meant by squandered potential. BP is the most successful solo superhero film in _history_, and what does Marvel editorial do?

    Let some editorial columnist drag the main title into a poorly-paced exploration of African history and slap his name on a D-list Avengers title.

    Utterly wasted. And for what? So they can say that they have a "superstar writer". :P
    Yes a super star who did exactly what hater's and unfans absolutely love. Absolutely neutered the title character every chance he got.

  7. #4507
    Extraordinary Member Ezyo1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    8,591

    Default

    Man Marvels gotta stabilize the brand first before jumping Into a game, I do t want some half assed game made. That being said they can start by actually giving a frak about his characterization and give him the Same protection and treatment that Spiderman gets

  8. #4508
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    9,479

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    It is rumoured that there is a suicide squad game in the works and that is not a particularly strong brand despite its box office success with the movie.
    In terms of who you can toss on that roster especially as DLC content-you can get away with it.

    You could make an online gaming version like GTA or Fortnite.

    Then again you coud do the same for Panther-I mean a Wakanda map for one of the Lego Marvel games could be made as DLC. I mean they could toss some of the land from Star Wars and Indy to make a version of Wakdana.

  9. #4509
    Spectacular Member The92Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Bulgaria
    Posts
    146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    I can't help but to be mad about Marvel going all-in on a Miles Morales video game instead of a black panther video game. Can you imagine how big a deal that would have been for the PS5 to debut a Black Panther video game that they actually put effort into instead of the 9th Spider-Man game but with an alternate reality version that they can tout as diversity.

    Also, no fan of Janell for Storm. The last thing coogler needs is more actors to pander to at the expense of black panther specifically.
    This, absolutely this. But yeah, as many stated that is not up to Marvel, but more like up to Sony since they do own Miles Morales + Spiderman Movie Rights + Spiderman Game Rights... This is more self-promotion for their PlayStation console, more specifically PS5. And we had that conversation over to Marvel's Avengers discord that Sony is pushing way too hard on their exclusives and that puts them on the hate side of the game community, due to their exclusives. A lot of people are unhappy with Sony.

    Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I don't see any reason to be mad. Miles is a great black male character who is carving out his own space in one of the largest franchises on Earth. It shouldn't have to be an either or situation. Miles getting a game and it being a massive success could very well inspire Marvel to see potential in a Black Panther game. Personally I think characters immersed in fictional worlds (BP and Thor most notably) have the most potential for video games because you can do a bunch of epic worldbuilding like Elder Scrolls. Even if they're not as storied as Spider-Man or Batman, the fact they live in places so far removed from the rest of Earth means you can really dig into the lore and do reinvention of rogues and concepts.
    I think he meant more like, way too much Spiderman stuff, they should concentrate on other characters, like Marvel's Avengers (the upcoming game), Guardians of the Galaxy, X-Men, Fantastic Four, etc. Marvel is not all about Spiderman, there is a lot of beloved teams out there and the deal which Marvel did with Square Enix, is probably one of their best decisions, a great game company with a large list of very successful series and proven themself to be fair on the game market they put their priorities on the player, not on their business, market system. No loot boxes, the excellent single-player storyline and quite big IPs. I am quite happy with their contract and Marvel's Avengers will add Black Panther eventually, I am sure he is on there to-do list and from what I've seen so far, they will definitely do him right.

  10. #4510

  11. #4511
    Mighty Member Redjack's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Lost Angles
    Posts
    1,808

    Default

    hey, y'all. =)


    Last edited by Redjack; 07-09-2020 at 10:33 PM.

  12. #4512
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    9,479

    Default

    https://mlpnk72yciwc.i.optimole.com/..._panther_0.jpg

    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/blac...ms-everywhere/


    While traveling to Wakanda is out of the question, thanks to Pottery Barn Teen you can now bring Wakanda to you. The home furnishings store has released a brand new 14-piece bedroom collection, including bedding, lighting, wall decor, and decorative accessories all themed around the Oscar-winning Marvel Studios' Black Panther.

    The collection features hand-drawn and hand-painted artwork and illustrations that seamlessly blend a regal and tech-savvy design aesthetic true to Wakanda and the Black Panther. With gold metallic printing, details reflecting the five tribes of Wakanda, and "glow" elements woven throughout as a nod to vibranium, the Black Panther x Pottery Barn Teen collection is fit for any King of Wakanda (or a tech-savvy sister).
    Would this be the first black hero to have something like this?

  13. #4513
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,500

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vladko92 View Post
    This, absolutely this. But yeah, as many stated that is not up to Marvel, but more like up to Sony since they do own Miles Morales + Spiderman Movie Rights + Spiderman Game Rights... This is more self-promotion for their PlayStation console, more specifically PS5. And we had that conversation over to Marvel's Avengers discord that Sony is pushing way too hard on their exclusives and that puts them on the hate side of the game community, due to their exclusives. A lot of people are unhappy with Sony.

    Any gamer complaining about Sony and exclusives is likely a PC user with an ax to grind.

    Game Exclusives are what the customers really base their decisions on when they buy consoles.

    Sony owns the rights to Spider Man and has used Spider Man to push Sony's game systems since Spider Man movies have been a thing.

  14. #4514
    Mighty Member Ekie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,251

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    NOBODY and I mean NOBODY expect Black Panther movie to do what it did. NOBODY.

    Antman numbers-sure.

    But to sit up and in your FIRST movie to make a billion and win 3 Oscars. Along with making more money than DC's ICONS-who were in a Justice League movie.

    Nobody could have expected that.

    Remember it takes years for some of these games to be made. We are 2 years removed from Black Panther movie. It will still take time to convince folks to make that game.

    Even Wonder Woman can't get a game. Static has a complete game that never came out before she and many others could get a shot.





    Pretty much
    Many of us in this thread expected the first Black Panther movie to do exactly what it did. The concept of the character and nation is a gold mine if properly handled. Not just because of the fact that it best resprents black geekdom and Afro futuristic ideals. It offers market's on many different cultural levels. We have been talking about a movie for around 10 years here. Kugler handled the cultural aspects perfectly, that said. black panther was trending heavily on Twitter long before he came on to the project for a reason. It's a gold mine and Marvel is too stuck in their ways to properly back it.
    Last edited by Ekie; 07-10-2020 at 12:56 AM.

  15. #4515
    Mighty Member Ekie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,251

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    hey, y'all. =)


    Hello good scribe. Hope you are a busy man these days.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •