Page 643 of 750 FirstFirst ... 143543593633639640641642643644645646647653693743 ... LastLast
Results 9,631 to 9,645 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Not to knock anybody, but some of the art o have seen in books ( bp included) I know I can match up to if not surpass. And it's not to say they are bad, I have been drawing off and on for over 15 years. But I do know I could hang quality wise. Speed is a different story though, but that again could also be how much time I have available as well.
    Before we went out with PRODIGAL, Todd Harris and i went to our LCS to take a long hard look at the shelves and who we thought we could beat in a stand-up fight. We scored our work in the upper 10% of all competing pros.

That was enough to get us going.

Three months later of working only after "real work" hours, we had Prodigal and we had a deal with an indie publisher.

people used to ask me why Todd drew the books since i can draw myself.

"Because i want people to BUY the books," was the answer. Todd's a hell of a storyteller but he wasn't confident of his abilities as a WRITER. so we teamed up.

this is todd -> BROCASSO you'll hear him get a shoutout on the director's commentary of Ragnarok.

everyone who can play should play. if they want to. that's all i'm saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    Before we went out with PRODIGAL, Todd Harris and i went to our LCS to take a long hard look at the shelves and who we thought we could beat in a stand-up fight. We scored our work in the upper 10% of all competing pros.

Three months later of working only after "real work" hours, we had Prodigal and we had a deal with an indie publisher.

"Because i want people to BUY the books," was the answer. Todd's a hell of a storyteller but he wasn't confident of his abilities as a WRITER. so we teamed up.

this is todd -> BROCASSO you'll hear him get a shoutout on the director's commentary of Ragnarok.

Very nice work by both of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    My latest Pic:

Attachment 102549

War Dog ready!
    Looking good man!

That is some gorgeous art there. Props to you guys.

I definitely think I could hang with some artist quality wise. I know my strengths and weaknesses and even the ones I think I can hang with o know would blow me away when I comes to speed as I'm very particular (this drawing o am working on I have restarted it atleast 4 times because I want it perfect) when I get inspired I get INSPIRED and can draw like a machine, but if I'm not feeling it I feel like I am just spinning tires and usually take that time to start gathering more reference material to help inspire and fine tune what info have

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Looking good man!

That is some gorgeous art there. Props to you guys.

I definitely think I could hang with some artist quality wise. I know my strengths and weaknesses and even the ones I think I can hang with o know would blow me away when I comes to speed as I'm very particular (this drawing o am working on I have restarted it atleast 4 times because I want it perfect) when I get inspired I get INSPIRED and can draw like a machine, but if I'm not feeling it I feel like I am just spinning tires and usually take that time to start gathering more reference material to help inspire and fine tune what info have
    speed's only a factor if you're doing work-for-hire. you can take all the time you need on a creator-owned project. just don't go out with it until it's done.

True story I pinky swear...

Once upon a time I got accepted to the Joe Kubert School not once but twice years apart!

https://www.kubertschool.edu

Both times that I got accepted a lack of funds prevented the furthering of my education!

But as a self taught artist I recommend studying the game like Tom Brady does film on defensive formations!

At this particular stage I would encourage 3D artist software if you want to pay the bills considering all the layoffs and restructuring going on in the industry!

However, if you are adamant about 2D art then here are some source materials I have used or am using currently...

How to Draw Comics The Marvel Way by Stan Lee and John Buscema- Informative like Rich Dad Poor Dad just be mindful not to become cookie cutter and create your own style

Wizard How To Draw- 6 books and a Wakanda sized ensemble of pros with tips on just about everything from drawing to writing to making things shine and sparkle

Bart Sears Drawing Powerful Heroes 1 and 2- Under the radar but probably my favorite tutorials because as a personal trainer I like his bubble muscles method

Scott Robertson How To Draw- For advanced students who need to learn perspective... I mean, you have to be able to depict Black Panther next to a sky bike right

Vanishing Point by Jason Cheeseman-Meyer- A little easier than Scott Robertson's book for one point, two point, three point, four point and yes five point perspective

DC Comic Guide To- 5 books one for writing, one for penciling, one for inking, one for coloring and lettering and one for digitally drawing just to exhaust you with knowledge

Incredible Comics and Incredible Comic Book Women by Tom Nguyen- 2 books... 2 agendas... Get em... Tom goes in and also features live models which you can justify to wifey

Hi-Fi Color For Comics by Brian Miller- This is a primary colored medium after all where pros color in light not color, also he has another book called Master Digital Color

If you cannot find family or friends willing to pose for you and you feel weird approaching strangers there are posing apps available!

Art Pose Pro- Available on Mac, Windows and Steam this 10 dollar app is a must have for artists struggling with anatomy, foreshortening and action scenes

As usual I also include Zbrush, Substance Painter, Blender (open source/free), Unreal Engine (Free until you make your first million) and Sketchbook Pro which features automatic perspective tools making drawing buildings that much easier!

To shorten this post I left out most of the links so make Google your friend and if you have any questions spoilers should probably be handled sliding in the DM's or another thread entirely!

Now go practice and... Wakanda Forever!!!
    Get Hectic!

BANNED

Uh, why would I go in depth? I wouldn’t.

I don’t mind the jokes. But some ish ain’t funny. Cryptomnesia? You obviously didn’t check-out the video. If you did… well.

I’m trying to give these guys a break. This is diplomacy. I do not have to be so gracious.

This is no laughing matter. It’s dead-ass.

Here’s this
    Parallel work (WWO pre-dates Coates & Coogler) means ALIGNMENT Similar, analogous, interdependent, corresponding, comparable, resemblance, commonality, congruity, akin, alike, matching, as such & of one another.

Bottom-line. How do we have the same $#!t? One of the highest grossing films of all time. How? Wouldn’t that make Muad’Dib overly qualified to write a BP series?

Hmmmmm? I would hire the guy that laughs @ Coogler’s attempt.

I would hire Gessela, RJ, Flex, S.I., EzyoThousand, Ture, Hypestyle & several other Panther Gods.

Handed or Heavy-Handed. The decision is theirs, even-though I’m not asking.

TBH once I drop WWO Reluctant Gods… it’s gonna shut all this ish down.

HOW did we end up here. Can we go back to Shuri… don’t make her a “Default” BP. Make her a legitimate BP in her own way.

Mighty Member

This was my go to show fir drawing when I was a kid. Cheesy, yes. I knew it then. But great basics.

https://youtu.be/wgLeSe8pN3s
    Last edited by MouserGrey; 11-24-2020 at 06:51 AM.
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MouserGrey View Post
    This was my go to show fir drawing when I was a kid. Cheesy, yes. I knew it then. But great basics.

https://youtu.be/wgLeSe8pN3s
    I never saw this show on PBS and we had 2 PBS stations for a time.

Aside from Bob Ross (sometimes), the only other artist we had was the Cover to Cover guy.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    I never saw this show on PBS and we had 2 PBS stations for a time.

Aside from Bob Ross (sometimes), the only other artist we had was the Cover to Cover guy.
    Of all the wierd works of mine my mom secretly saved over the years, the drawing pad I used when watching this show was not among them. Without a vcr it forced me to just draw and not think. Which I think was incredibly helpful for me at that age. Most people stop drawing at a certain developmental age when they want to draw more realistically but don't want or can't learn the "rules" for conquering the 2d space. I didn't know it then, but this show helped me bridge that gap.

Extraordinary Member

Who are T’Challa’s best new villains in the last 15 years?

Well tell ya boy his Mosiac is boss level killin'!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Marvel and Coates. Oh, wait. Best.....

Astonishing Member

Tetu by default. He's got a solid design and is more than just a rival claimant for the throne or ultranationalist. A poet-terrorist with mystical abilities and a superpowered underling in Zenzi with her own fleshed out backstory and motivations. He wasn't used very well by Coates but hopefully a writer sees enough potential with him in the future because there's a lot there. The People as a whole are an interesting idea and I think there's potential for them to be a larger scale terror organization that's global in scope.

Mighty Member

News....Shuri will be BP in BP2.

Aww well, first the first time ever I will skip a marvel movie.

Based on this news we all know what will happen toTchalla in the comics.

Coates, most of his buddies & random x-men creatives..