Page 484 of 587 FirstFirst ... 384434474480481482483484485486487488494534584 ... LastLast
Results 7,246 to 7,260 of 8797
  1. #7246
    Fantastic Member Vanguard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    323

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Muad'Dib View Post
    check-out this 2017 WWO page.

    WWO dealt with Namor (kneeling on the floor pointy ears & all). Jokes (roasting) about writers like Hickman & Mayberry… what else. It’s a parody.

    Wu-Tang symbol / panther face around TchALLAH’s waist.

    Say, BP fans, I know there aren’t many regal images of BP. The WWO BP reps? You decide.

    BP abilities? Really? intergalactic travel. no ship

    Check-out Storm(Mungus)’s head-piece. It’s shaped like the “Eye of Sauron” & taunting her. Hilarious !



    Necromancy is not Resurrection.

    Don’t forget the violent annulment! Straight-up villians.

    WWO will protect BP from these wicked weak-a$$ writers

    Logan? Black
    Where did you say this art is from? It looks really good.

  2. #7247
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    1,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mekk80s View Post
    I'm keeping my eyes peeled for Oct 7, BP and Shuri appears in Marauder's #13 so I'm curious how these x writers are gonna depict Tchalla and I can tell i won't be surprised if they make him look and act like a total tool but hope that's not the case. Idk what personal gripe that camp has against BP and the wakandan mythos.
    I'm ngl, I'm worried but at this point if the writer finally pulls the trigger and ends the BP-Storm romance once and for all I'll be good. Black Panther will inevitably get a relaunch whether it be 2021 or 2022 and if we can get a fresh separation from what Coates has done it's already an improvement. The artist for that issue posted an pic of T'Challa looking sad so while he'll probably come off a bit pathetic I doubt it's gonna matter in a year if it gives him a fresh slate in his solo book.

    Though I am interested in if/how Wakanda ties into what's going on with XoS because we know this is just one part in a wider X-book narrative under Hickman. This probably isn't the last time we see T'Challa and Wakanda being used, even if Storm and BP break up. I'm still suspecting this all culminates in AvX 2.0 but I'll worry about that when we get there lol.

  3. #7248
    The Professional Marvell2100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    All Along The Watchtower
    Posts
    11,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I'm ngl, I'm worried but at this point if the writer finally pulls the trigger and ends the BP-Storm romance once and for all I'll be good. Black Panther will inevitably get a relaunch whether it be 2021 or 2022 and if we can get a fresh separation from what Coates has done it's already an improvement. The artist for that issue posted an pic of T'Challa looking sad so while he'll probably come off a bit pathetic I doubt it's gonna matter in a year if it gives him a fresh slate in his solo book.

    Though I am interested in if/how Wakanda ties into what's going on with XoS because we know this is just one part in a wider X-book narrative under Hickman. This probably isn't the last time we see T'Challa and Wakanda being used, even if Storm and BP break up. I'm still suspecting this all culminates in AvX 2.0 but I'll worry about that when we get there lol.
    Maybe they want BP's help in taking down Sebastian Shaw. Whatever they plan, I hope that they have an amicable parting of ways for BP and Storm.

    It's pretty much a given that the X-books don't plan on supporting a BP/Storm relationship so once Coates is gone, it's pretty much over.

  4. #7249
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    1,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Maybe they want BP's help in taking down Sebastian Shaw. Whatever they plan, I hope that they have an amicable parting of ways for BP and Storm.

    It's pretty much a given that the X-books don't plan on supporting a BP/Storm relationship so once Coates is gone, it's pretty much over.
    I could see Shaw playing a big role. I think Marauders #12 was the start of a new arc where the team gets its revenge. We know from the early issues of Marauders that there's a country in Africa (meaning Wakanda or one of its protectorates) that can't publicly accept Krakoa's trade deal without falling into civil war. Shaw's probably the point-man on the black market trade in Wakanda's general region and that could come into play.

    But iirc Marauders 13-15 are tie-ins to X of Swords and we know that a past BP created and used the sword that Ororo will have in that event. So maybe those plots are woven together? Hard to say, but if the end result is Storm and T'Challa done as a couple I consider it a win unless Shuri or Wakanda are destroyed in the process. But hopefully they break up as amicably as possible. The writer is Vita Ayala and they've written Shuri so maybe some actual respect will be shown when they separate.
    Last edited by chief12d; 09-21-2020 at 09:53 AM.

  5. #7250
    Extraordinary Member Ezyo1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    9,051

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Muad'Dib View Post
    Herodotus learns of the Atlanteans from the Egyptians . It’s an Egyptian/ African story.


    Ceremonial (BP) masks ? good idea!

    BP transforming? Excellent insight ! images below (the ni@@a is literally transforming in front of you)


    BP fans be like... E.N. ?

    Evan Narcisse made TChaka -- all ”booed-up/ boozed-up” with concubines! Whuuut? Mourning never looked so westernized. But to his credit The Zulu Nation mourned the passing of Shakka’s mother for two years. still tho

    BP fans have convinced themselves that WWO & Coogler’s vision are just 2-dozen-plus cosmic coincidences. Word?

    20 something concepts from tech design, (ceremonial masks) storyline etc all simultaneously created. nah bruh! the timeline sides with WWO. it's callled actual events in real-time!

    Researched BP for a multi-million dollar budget film but never came across W...W.. Oh really? check any forums? no. denial amid hard facts.

    Why would you give them FULL-CREDIT when the evidence is too overwhelming? The BP billion $ movie is a victory for WWO, really. Proves WWO was Right.


    The visions align. we can all agree to that!


    View Poll Results: Overall has Marvel done a good job with handling these characters?


    So if WWO was on the right path & executed the right vision; why wouldn’t I request a recommendation from new BP writers?
    I do agree I really hate how Narcisse had T'Chaka start drinking himself away and sleeping around. But I haven't really cared about T'Chaka really so I don't dwell on it.

    Overall T'Challa and Wakanda have been shown fairly well, I think we can all agree we really need someone to come in and just run wild with bringing in unique and just take the afrofuturism to the next level.
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 09-21-2020 at 12:54 PM. Reason: Had T'Challa instead of T'Chaka

  6. #7251
    Astonishing Member Cville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    4,940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I do agree I really hate how Narcisse had T'Chaka start drinking himself away and sleeping around. But I haven't really cared about T'Challa really so I don't dwell on it.

    Overall T'Challa and Wakanda have been shown fairly well, I think we can all agree we really need someone to come in and just run wild with bringing in unique and just take the afrofuturism to the next level.
    He made it make sense though. The love of his life died. People can fall into vice when in sorrow. The part that didn't make sense was the kid helping Hydra because his father lost in the tribal tournament. That took some stretching. lol.

  7. #7252
    The Professional Marvell2100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    All Along The Watchtower
    Posts
    11,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I could see Shaw playing a big role. I think Marauders #12 was the start of a new arc where the team gets its revenge. We know from the early issues of Marauders that there's a country in Africa (meaning Wakanda or one of its protectorates) that can't publicly accept Krakoa's trade deal without falling into civil war. Shaw's probably the point-man on the black market trade in Wakanda's general region and that could come into play.

    But iirc Marauders 13-15 are tie-ins to X of Swords and we know that a past BP created and used the sword that Ororo will have in that event. So maybe those plots are woven together? Hard to say, but if the end result is Storm and T'Challa done as a couple I consider it a win unless Shuri or Wakanda are destroyed in the process. But hopefully they break up as amicably as possible. The writer is Vita Ayala and they've written Shuri so maybe some actual respect will be shown when they separate.
    Yeah could be some X of Swords business where T'Challa/Shuri will have to either help them retrieve a sword or give them some ancient sword that Wakanda has had for thousands of years.

  8. #7253
    Extraordinary Member Ezyo1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    9,051

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Maybe they want BP's help in taking down Sebastian Shaw. Whatever they plan, I hope that they have an amicable parting of ways for BP and Storm.

    It's pretty much a given that the X-books don't plan on supporting a BP/Storm relationship so once Coates is gone, it's pretty much over.
    What so frustrating is that Coates wasted years on a dead and doomed relationship. X office torpedoed thst isht back when Hudlin was doing more for Storm then the x books. Now Coates comes in and does half ass jobs and gives unnecessary power boost to storm when he could of devoted that effort to Nu-Nakia and building up T'Challa.. there's no way I see x office having them split without making T'Challa look like a simp

  9. #7254
    Extraordinary Member Ezyo1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    9,051

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    He made it make sense though. The love of his life died. People can fall into vice when in sorrow. The part that didn't make sense was the kid helping Hydra because his father lost in the tribal tournament. That took some stretching. lol.
    Yeah I get it, there were some things that just felt stretched, like he was doing a check list so some stuff he just forced it. Like with Ramonda just strolling onto Wakanda as well... That was some Mister fantastic level stretch for that and for the tribal fight lol

  10. #7255
    The Professional Marvell2100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    All Along The Watchtower
    Posts
    11,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    What so frustrating is that Coates wasted years on a dead and doomed relationship. X office torpedoed thst isht back when Hudlin was doing more for Storm then the x books. Now Coates comes in and does half ass jobs and gives unnecessary power boost to storm when he could of devoted that effort to Nu-Nakia and building up T'Challa.. there's no way I see x office having them split without making T'Challa look like a simp
    Imo, Coates played a lot of people. He brings Storm back which he figures will draw in her fans thus bringing more readers to the BP book. He drags out BP and Storm getting back together to keep people tuned in.

    When he finally decides they're together, he sends BP off into space where he has nagging memories Storm but develops feelings for NuNakia. They return from space where Storm and NuNakia have a Brandy/Monica discussion about T'Challa. More drama.

    So now, we see little cracks in the relationship which are making people doubt if it will last. However, we need to be reminded that the relationship wasn't heavily promoted, not much if any acknowledgement given by any X-book Storm appeared in.

    People, you got played. You were throwing out ones and making it rain. The stripper danced and twerked but kept her clothes on.

    Coates reeled you in.

    Ask yourself, did T'Challa and Storm spend any significant amount of time as a couple in a relationship? Going out to restaurants, having fun?

    No.
    Last edited by Marvell2100; 09-21-2020 at 01:14 PM.

  11. #7256
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    1,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Imo, Coates played a lot of people. He brings Storm back which he figures will draw in her fans thus bringing more readers to the BP book. He drags out BP and Storm getting back together to keep people tuned in.

    When he finally decides they're together, he sends BP off into space where he has nagging memories Storm but develops feelings for NuNakia. They return from space where Storm and NuNakia have a Brandy/Monica discussion about T'Challa. More drama.

    So now, we see little cracks in the relationship which are making people doubt if it will last. However, we need to be reminded that the relationship wasn't heavily promoted, not much if any acknowledgement given by any X-book Storm appeared in.

    People, you got played. You were throwing out ones and making it rain. The stripper danced and twerked but kept her clothes on.

    Coates reeled you in.

    Ask yourself, did T'Challa and Storm spend any significant amount of time as a couple in a relationship? Going out to restaurants, having fun?

    No.
    The funny thing is Storm didn't increase sales lol. The character isn't the draw she was back in Hudlin's day and sales didn't even tick up with her making an appearance, correct me if I'm wrong. I think he brought Storm in because she's the 2nd most powerful black woman in Marvel and he wanted another female to help overshadow T'Challa, hence why her goddess subplot was more fleshed out (which isn't saying much) than pretty much anything he got.

  12. #7257
    The Professional Marvell2100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    All Along The Watchtower
    Posts
    11,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    The funny thing is Storm didn't increase sales lol. The character isn't the draw she was back in Hudlin's day and sales didn't even tick up with her making an appearance, correct me if I'm wrong. I think he brought Storm in because she's the 2nd most powerful black woman in Marvel and he wanted another female to help overshadow T'Challa, hence why her goddess subplot was more fleshed out (which isn't saying much) than pretty much anything he got.
    Well it wasn't going to increase sales because a lot of BP fans were leaving in droves. There were more BP fans dumping the title than there were Storm fans picking it up.

    He didn't need Storm to overshadow BP. He already had Ayo and Aneka and Zenzi and Shuri and... You get the picture.

  13. #7258
    Astonishing Member Cville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    4,940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Yeah I get it, there were some things that just felt stretched, like he was doing a check list so some stuff he just forced it. Like with Ramonda just strolling onto Wakanda as well... That was some Mister fantastic level stretch for that and for the tribal fight lol
    What Ibwould have done was combine the traditional and the Hudlin death. Tchaka survives the assassination attempt, but is badly wounded and refuses medical treatment when a second attack at the border begins because his first born son died. Then he over exerts himself in that battle and falls dead from fatigue.

  14. #7259
    Extraordinary Member Ezyo1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    9,051

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Imo, Coates played a lot of people. He brings Storm back which he figures will draw in her fans thus bringing more readers to the BP book. He drags out BP and Storm getting back together to keep people tuned in.

    When he finally decides they're together, he sends BP off into space where he has nagging memories Storm but develops feelings for NuNakia. They return from space where Storm and NuNakia have a Brandy/Monica discussion about T'Challa. More drama.

    So now, we see little cracks in the relationship which are making people doubt if it will last. However, we need to be reminded that the relationship wasn't heavily promoted, not much if any acknowledgement given by any X-book Storm appeared in.

    People, you got played. You were throwing out ones and making it rain. The stripper danced and twerked but kept her clothes on.

    Coates reeled you in.

    Ask yourself, did T'Challa and Storm spend any significant amount of time as a couple in a relationship? Going out to restaurants, having fun?

    No.
    Thst stripper reference man.. that's funny. But also true
    The whole thing seemed forced and cringe. Remember their first time talking on his ri. Back in S1? Thst isht was such crap dialogue.

    Seriously Coates was a humongous mistake that marvel should of dropped years ago

  15. #7260
    Extraordinary Member Ezyo1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    9,051

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    What Ibwould have done was combine the traditional and the Hudlin death. Tchaka survives the assassination attempt, but is badly wounded and refuses medical treatment when a second attack at the border begins because his first born son died. Then he over exerts himself in that battle and falls dead from fatigue.
    I would of made it more dynamic, I would of tied klaw with a superhuman group, Maybe the first generation or the original supremacists and later on T'Challa fights them when he becomes BP and they become reoccurring rogues with newer members after T'Challa spanks the isht out of them

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •