Page 576 of 750 FirstFirst ... 76476526566572573574575576577578579580586626676 ... LastLast
Results 8,626 to 8,640 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Regarding the Marvel's Avengers game, the Black Panther expansion is coming in 2021 (probably January).

According to mmmmmmmmiller on Twitter (community figurehead of the game's Discord and 'leaker'), it's the most impressive thing the game has pulled off and it's pretty huge.
    From what I've heard, it's probably needed for the game at this point.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    From what I've heard, it's probably needed for the game at this point.
    Yea, it's expected to help with the game's public perception at the point it comes out, at least as Miller put it. It's not an exaggeration to say Marvel's Avengers might have been the biggest gaming disappointment of 2020, and I chose to hold off getting it after playing the beta.

But he said the expansion is really good. I'm kinda happy about that because he's been openly critical about the overall game so he's not a blind fanboy. The only negative thing he's said regarding BP is that he didn't like T'Challa's default costume.

But he said the expansion is really good. I'm kinda happy about that because he's been openly critical about the overall game so he's not a blind fanboy. The only negative thing he's said regarding BP is that he didn't like T'Challa's default costume.
    That seems to hold true for most of the game roster from what I've seen and my own personal opinion. It's almost like they intentionally designed costumes you'd want to switch out through paying real money .

BP is always on my roster in MUA 3. He’s one of the top boss killers on the game. They didn’t give him his best ranged attacks though. I don’t think I’ll get the Avengers game, unless I get another system.

Get Hectic!

It's not an easy thing to think about, and that was emphasised by Shuri actress Letitia Wright in a recent interview with Porter. Like most of us, she can't really devote much time to wondering what the future holds in store for the franchise now as Boseman's passing is still too fresh at this stage.

"We’re just still mourning Chad, so it’s not something I even want to think about," Wright admitted. "The thought of doing it without him is kinda strange. We’re just grieving at the moment, so it’s trying to find the light in the midst of it."

Regarding the Marvel's Avengers game, the Black Panther expansion is coming in 2021 (probably January).

According to mmmmmmmmiller on Twitter (community figurehead of the game's Discord and 'leaker'), it's the most impressive thing the game has pulled off and it's pretty huge.
    Ugh

I was hoping ot pick the game up for black firday ish dirt cheap sale... but waiting a couple months to see the BP part means i'll probably wait. Maybe post xmas sale lol

im not paying for than 20 bucks for it
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That seems to hold true for most of the game roster from what I've seen and my own personal opinion. It's almost like they intentionally designed costumes you'd want to switch out through paying real money .
    I truly believe 100% that is what they did lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    The best antagonists are often those that aren't much of an antagonist.

Hunter isn't evil for the sake of being evil... he's a nationalist who wants to protect his people by any means necessarily. And that makes him a villain who, while wrong, can at times at least make sense. In the end they still get punched out by the hero, by the antagonist at least doesn't come off looking like a Saturday Morning cartoon villain from the 80's (not that a few of those sort of villains aren't nice to have around too).

In some ways it's a T'Challa without the same moral compass... which I think can be nice to have in the story. He's not after power or revenge like Killmonger or M'Baku... but he's not this white savior either in that he crosses obvious lines which people with actual moral compass (like BP and presumably most readers) won't tolerate. And to me that makes for a better villain a lot of the time.

That said, I will agree he was sort of ham fisted into the mythos (and I would make the same complaint about Shuri). Having a sibling show up one with without even an attempt at explaining why we've never seen or heard of them before isn't the most organic way to bring a character into the narrative. That said, they exist and they theoretically should be important parts of the main characters lives. So to me at this point, it's more jarring to not use them despite how ham fisted their introduction might have been.
    I agree. Hunter isn't any more Forced than Shuri was, and I have no problem with other races living inside of wakanda as long as it remains a black nation. It adds Nuance to wakanda and shows that they truly are beyond silly things like racial segregation

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    I agree. Hunter isn't any more Forced than Shuri was, and I have no problem with other races living inside of wakanda as long as it remains a black nation. It adds Nuance to wakanda and shows that they truly are beyond silly things like racial segregation
    I also think it shows that even if the Wakandan public to some degree has certain issues with xenophobia the MAIN characters at least (the ones who frankly matter) obviously do not. Though I wish it could have been handled a little better, it adds an additional layer to T'Challa and his family.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    I disagree, Shuri wasn't forced onto the mythos like Hunter because Hudlin was telling a origin story. Priests was less of an origin story hence why Hunter felt much more forced. Shuri makes sense but more so there needs to be a major focus on T'Challa first and then after his world is fully fleshed out, then they can move to make Shuri her own hero, Which probably means she needs to leave Wakanda to do so

Astonishing Member

Marvel needs to do with Shuri what DC did with Batgirl during Rebirth. Downplay her previous grittiness in order to push her in that same YA lane that characters like Ms. Marvel and Moongirl thrive in. Shuri failed as a super serious T'Challa-lite warrior queen. She found mainstream success as a quippy, lab rat Disney princess and that's what she needs to be in the comics if they want to push her as a spin-off IP.

If that requires shifting her from martial arts to blasters and being a bit more inexperienced then that's just gonna have to happen. We've seen the MCU characterization translate extremely well in projects like Panther's Quest and Marvel Rising as well as in some comics like Rise of the Black Panther.

Where the comics in general are messing up is how they're justifying and implementing this shift in her character. Shuri can carve out a space in the mythos all her own right now if Marvel really wanted to, but the inconsistency of her portrayal and weird status quo makes it hard to transition her into being T'Challa's Batgirl.

And I agree on your last point entirely. The girl's gotta leave the nest, get rid of that limiting ass "Wakanda First" mentality, and start building relationships outside the mythos. Batgirl has the Birds of Prey, Nightwing has the Titans, Jason has the Outlaws, even Ironheart (Shuri's closest rival tbh) has the Champions. You can't build a successful spin-off franchise if the character has no friends or meaning to the wider universe. Shuri should've been much farther along as a character than she currently is and it's been damn near 3 years since the movie.
    Last edited by chief12d; 10-19-2020 at 12:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Marvel needs to do with Shuri what DC did with Batgirl during Rebirth. Downplay her previous grittiness in order to push her in that same YA lane that characters like Ms. Marvel and Moongirl thrive in. Shuri failed as a super serious T'Challa-lite warrior queen. She found mainstream success as a quippy, lab rat Disney princess and that's what she needs to be in the comics if they want to push her as a spin-off IP.

If that requires shifting her from martial arts to blasters and being a bit more inexperienced then that's just gonna have to happen. We've seen the MCU characterization translate extremely well in projects like Panther's Quest and Marvel Rising as well as in some comics like Rise of the Black Panther.

Where the comics in general are messing up is how they're justifying and implementing this shift in her character. Shuri can carve out a space in the mythos all her own right now if Marvel really wanted to, but the inconsistency of her portrayal and weird status quo makes it hard to transition her into being T'Challa's Batgirl.

And I agree on your last point entirely. The girl's gotta leave the nest, get rid of that limiting ass "Wakanda First" mentality, and start building relationships outside the mythos. Batgirl has the Birds of Prey, Nightwing has the Titans, Jason has the Outlaws, even Ironheart (Shuri's closest rival tbh) has the Champions. You can't build a successful spin-off franchise if the character has no friends or meaning to the wider universe. Shuri should've been much farther along as a character than she currently is and it's been damn near 3 years since the movie.
    They've already synergized Shuri in the comics. I mean, it's been pretty jarring to me though I don't know how others feel about it, but I also felt like they went too far with that Batgirl revamp so maybe I'm just not into that kind of stuff .

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post

Yeah, Coates version and Nnendis version were stupid as hell. Coates had her take T'Challas personality and then nnendi had her become a whiney isht and blaming all her woes on being female.

Disney does have a rare opportunity to make her a disney princess unlike any other and people liked it. I don't know where she can go now to build her up, her teeming with Miles and kamala wouldn't be bad but then she runs into Riri Which causes redundancy. But she needs to be with a Young group to appeal to her target audience.. I'm just not sure where to fit her but it's definitely NOT taking the mantle again. Thst ship and time has passed and it's time for her to carve her own path because it was never ever going to be permanent

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Yeah, Coates version and Nnendis version were stupid as hell. Coates had her take T'Challas personality and then nnendi had her become a whiney isht and blaming all her woes on being female.

Disney does have a rare opportunity to make her a disney princess unlike any other and people liked it. I don't know where she can go now to build her up, her teeming with Miles and kamala wouldn't be bad but then she runs into Riri Which causes redundancy. But she needs to be with a Young group to appeal to her target audience.. I'm just not sure where to fit her but it's definitely NOT taking the mantle again. Thst ship and time has passed and it's time for her to carve her own path because it was never ever going to be permanent
    i got a hot fix for all that too.

I'm still a little pissed that we're getting the Hawkeyes before T'Challa. Obviously I got a bias but I feel like the Panther should've been part of the opening roster, or at least the first addition. Nothing against the archers but they're not exactly gonna draw a ton of people to the game or generate the kind of hype T'Challa will.

Anyway, I dunno if there's any Star Trek nerds here but I was watching the first episode of Star Trek Discovery's third season yesterday and they introduce a new character named Book, played by David Ajala. I don't think I've seen the guy in anything before (don't watch a ton of tv or movies) but I was watching him and I thought "Y'know, he might make a good T'Challa." Not that I'm in a huge rush to replace Boseman or dive back into the film debate, but Ajala, from what I saw, might be able to carry the role.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.