Page 329 of 750 FirstFirst ... 229279319325326327328329330331332333339379429 ... LastLast
Results 4,921 to 4,935 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    He is on the cover of an Xbook in October that's part of the X event. If Storms' sword was his grave marker, that would be interesting. It looks like they're pulling swords out of anywhere so why not. Lol.
    T'challa using swords is weird.

Feels like you could pull some much more unique weapons from African history to use instead. Just to make it unique

I dont' hate it, just feels... lazy
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

Feels like you could pull some much more unique weapons from African history to use instead. Just to make it unique

IDK, swords were used in pre-colonial Africa so I'm fine with him using one. But I'd prefer if his go to bladed weapon was an elongated energy dagger or the Spear of Bashenga (ghost version).

He put the ebony blade to good use. Lol.

I'm not against him dying either. If its something similar to how he almost died in EMH I can roll with it.

Gives the next writer move of a fresh start.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    IDK, swords were used in pre-colonial Africa so I'm fine with him using one. But I'd prefer if his go to bladed weapon was an elongated energy dagger or the Spear of Bashenga (ghost version).
    African swords are visually distinct from European, Middle Eastern, or Asian types. I'd love to see the Wakandan equivalent of an akrafena, ada, or shotel.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    African swords are visually distinct from European, Middle Eastern, or Asian types. I'd love to see the Wakandan equivalent of an akrafena, ada, or shotel.
    Agreed, Wakanda should lean into the African aesthetic more for swords and spears. But that takes a writer/artist who's willing to do research and actually know what an akrafena or ada is.

Agreed, Wakanda should lean into the African aesthetic more for swords and spears. But that takes a writer/artist who's willing to do research and actually know what an akrafena or ada is.
    It would be a welcomed improvement, and it can be done.

I mean, you can just google "african swords" and get stuff different than "normal looking sword" lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    He put the ebony blade to good use. Lol.

I'm not against him dying either. If its something similar to how he almost died in EMH I can roll with it.

Gives the next writer move of a fresh start.
    If he dies (and I doubt he will.... the King will Fall stuff is likley more about Teddy than T'Challa), he'll be magically resurrected at the end of this story. He's on Aarons Avengers team, so he's safe.

As far as him using swords... I would be against him using it as standard gear (like the Ebony blade). But every major character at one point or another in fiction should wield a magical sword for one reason or another. Those are just the rules.

That's the thing... he's got claws, daggers, and a spear. A sword, even an african one almost seems a bit redundent. If he wants to cut you, he can cut you.

Though I suppose simply saying his energy daggers are hardlight, and can transform into various weapons, can be an easy catch all.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    There are changes, and there are changes.

I should just leave it at that, but I'm on vacation, so I'll elaborate.

Some changes happen organically within the story. A character goes through an experience, and their personalty, behavior, or situation changes because of it. It's organic, part of the story, and makes sense.

Perfect example: Peter Parker getting married to his long-time girlfriend, after literally years of dancing around the question. It changed the status quo, but grew out of story.

Other changes, however, do NOT grow from story, but are clearly derived from real-world concerns & agendas.

Example: Peter Parker giving up his marriage to the literal Devil in order to reset the status quo to an earlier state, because editorial WANTED it done.

Now, you can quibble about specific changes as much as you like (I thought the BP/Storm marriage came off a bit forced. Others disagree. But their separation was DEFINITELY forced.)

Several years ago, as part of some work I did for a website called Fanzing, I wrote a bit of a thought experiment on this very topic. With your indulgence, I've pasted it below:

Imagine, if you would a large table. This is the DC Universe. Each title is a house of blocks on the table. You are a new writer.

Every issue is another few blocks…with skill, you expand on the work of the past, taking it in new directions, using your own style of construction. Occasionally, you enter the territory of another builder, but with cooperation you can build around him without destroying either's work.

There is always growth…you never destroy the foundation…or the entire structure may collapse. And in time…you finish your creation…and move on

So ask yourself this: Is a given change adding new blocks? Or simply kicking over the table?
    I like this alot. It really puts it into perspective, and it's very true. You build on the foundation, And unless said foundation is highly compromised (say a character has a very racist or sexist or something of the like origin story) the foundation should not be touched or overhauled too an extreme.

Abd I don't understand the mindset that changing the status quo must mean changing out the heroes a d replacing them with legacy characters. Changing the status quo is as simple as putting them in a New environment. Coates intergalactic Wakanda story (really all 3 seasons) had massive potential to change the status quo or atleast go down a new exciting path. Why does Wakanda use a outdated monarch? Where did bast go? Intergalactic Wakanda is something we have been asking for for years now and thst was a wide open field. Instead? The same ole tired tropes. Or just being boring. How do you turn a space Odyssey into boring drivel? Part of changing the status quo is to go big. Make a strong story with real stakes and character Development and put that character onto the situation and have them shape it based on how they act. T'Challa doesn't wear his heart on his sleeve. He does not brood he isn't Batman, he doesn't resent his people. He wanted to be King, he IS a warrior, he IS at his core, a good man with a good heart who will do what is right for the world, but he also does it with Wakanda in mind. I feel like this gets overlooked and forgotten far too often

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    If he dies (and I doubt he will.... the King will Fall stuff is likley more about Teddy than T'Challa), he'll be magically resurrected at the end of this story. He's on Aarons Avengers team, so he's safe.

As far as him using swords... I would be against him using it as standard gear (like the Ebony blade). But every major character at one point or another in fiction should wield a magical sword for one reason or another. Those are just the rules.
    Aaron is still telling a story that predates Empyre. And it's still going in October.

Based on the way the story is going, Teddy dying is low impact.

So dangerous that he needs to be eliminated. lol

In my fantasy land, T'challa is "killed" in that issue.

But he isn't. He faked his own death and is planning things behind the scenes. No one really knows it. It is only hinted out. until some reveal in the second to last issue that dudes been pulling the strings in the war from Necropolis.

But then I wake up.
    Dude I would be totally okay with it, so long as it was done in a way that the second to last issue and the final issue his big reveal is HUGE. As in he pulls some massive feats to make up for him being absent. He needs it. Something akin to Thor in IF when he shows up in Wakanda to help

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gessela View Post

That selection though

Quote Originally Posted by Gessela View Post

Yo fam, is there a link or page for this? Furthermore, what is this!

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Yo fam, is there a link or page for this? Furthermore, what is this!
    My personal work. – https://gessela.tumblr.com/ and/or https://twitter.com/ReGessela and/or https://gessela.deviantart.com/
    That particular piece is from a futuristic dueling project I'm working on.