Page 342 of 750 FirstFirst ... 242292332338339340341342343344345346352392442 ... LastLast
Results 5,116 to 5,130 of 11243
    Amazing Member

Does anyone else miss the old Wakandan architecture? I think Avengers:EMH's did it the best.

Attachment 99258

The MCU Wakanda looks too much like MCU Asgard. I guessing Disney just used the same/similar designs because its cheaper.

wakanda-usda.jpg

I wish I was as comfortable with this nerfed/inferior forced MCU synergy.

To me this week's depiction of Wakanda seemed lazy. I wanted to see super science and super tech elite warriors (Doras and Dogs of War) to serve as backup to the main military forces, mixed in with framers armed with "simple" vibranium spears and sheilds, and with Wakandan sorcerers and shamans in the mix as well.

Someone brightened that image up to make it look like asgard

you put the brightness back to normal and the "natural" aesthetic of the MCU wakanda shines.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Someone brightened that image up to make it look like asgard

you put the brightness back to normal and the "natural" aesthetic of the MCU wakanda shines.
    That's what I was thinking. Looks a little bright. Lol.

Amazing Member

Good looking out.

I still prefer the A:EMH's design, but I definitely see uniqueness of the MCU Wakanda now.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Yes, the force field failed just like the missiles Hudlin used. It's there to show that they DO have tech... right before it spectacularly fails so they can bust out the spears.

If you want to argue that their defenses failed I would agree (though that aspect of the story is necessary to progress the story). But that's not the same thing as arguing this story isn't showing that they have tech. Again, complaining that it's just showing a bunch of people with spears completely ignores that the bunch of people with spears are in a large city wide force field. So they checked off the tech.
    Holy isht you just explained the core and blatant problem right there. "So they checked off the tech"

Do you not see the issue with this? You keep bringing up Hudlin. Hudlin had explained why it failed, and they didn't stop using tech when the missiles didn't work they kept firing to slow morlun down. The last issue of empyre T'Challa stated the cotati couldn't breach Wakanda because the force field yet this issue they walked through it like you would walk through a door. Atleast infinity war went through the damn effort to show why they got into a h2h battle. Abd guess what? It wasn't due to Wakandan tech failing this is completely lazy writing. We should of seen a semblance of creativity and frakkin effort being out in and fans should expect no less.

It boggles my mind how some posters on here are okay with and even defending the laziness that is out into Wakanda and it's military and technological might. I can think of 5 ideas off the top my head that can show unique tech that isn't tied to the US.. like cotdamn

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

EMH's Wakanda was way too bare looking. Wakanda looked like a village lol. I do agree that their military was a lot more diverse though, and that the display of Wakanda in this weeks Empyre was very lacklustre. Very much in the vein of Infinity War, and even then it was just hundreds of Doras. At least Infinity War had Doras, the Jabari, the Royal Guardsmen and the Border tribe. It wasn't perfect, but it was a least something. This was just a lazy display.

I kinda blame it how Infinity War turned out, because there was concept arts from Wakandan soldiers in advanced armour and robot panthers but they didn't make it beyond concept. Probably because the production team saw what Black Panther had done and decided to go with what was already on ground and just multiply it with CGI.

How hard is it to draw actual Wakanda soldiers (there are several comic designs to choose from) and the various sections, as well as some air support and other tech? Like it really isn't that hard at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post

How hard is it to draw actual Wakanda soldiers (there are several comic designs to choose from) and the various sections, as well as some air support and other tech? Like it really isn't that hard at all.
    It isn't hard.

Just no one cares except a group of hardcore Panther fans unfortunately. We don't matter to anyone lol

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

I just noticed there's even no explanation for how the Cotati breached the shield.

What the hell?!

I just noticed there's even no explanation for how the Cotati breached the shield.

What the hell?!
    Well in the movie, a **** town of rabid dog monster things barely got in every once in awhile

so to copy that, cotati just plain breach it because... umm... because lol

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    There are four black people in that shot (if you count Mosaic). ZERO Latin and one Asian.

And Storm doesn't identify as Black or even African. She identifies as Mutant.
    Storm identifies as Black and African.

Quote Originally Posted by superheat View Post
    Storm identifies as Black and African.
    y'all must be reading some other X Books than the ones currently being published.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Holy isht you just explained the core and blatant problem right there. "So they checked off the tech"

Do you not see the issue with this? You keep bringing up Hudlin. Hudlin had explained why it failed, and they didn't stop using tech when the missiles didn't work they kept firing to slow morlun down. The last issue of empyre T'Challa stated the cotati couldn't breach Wakanda because the force field yet this issue they walked through it like you would walk through a door. Atleast infinity war went through the damn effort to show why they got into a h2h battle. Abd guess what? It wasn't due to Wakandan tech failing this is completely lazy writing. We should of seen a semblance of creativity and frakkin effort being out in and fans should expect no less.

It boggles my mind how some posters on here are okay with and even defending the laziness that is out into Wakanda and it's military and technological might. I can think of 5 ideas off the top my head that can show unique tech that isn't tied to the US.. like cotdamn
    Hah, bro you ain't lying. You get the feeling that some posters are okay with Black Panther being done any kind of way.....and it's just fine! Naw, forget all that when we see the time and preparation given to craft, and then to JAM Carol into our every intellectual orifice. I I'm going to start up a YouTube channel just to Panther rant on decisions that are just half-assed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post

Okay... I'm catching to the goal post here. So the issue is not that they're not showing technology, but they did a poor job of explaining why the force field fell. That's a pretty fair criticism.

Such details aren't necessarily going to be in the main book of a cross over event... they're often left to the tie in books. But unfortunately the Wakanda tie in book was cancelled for whatever reason (I would presume it's pandemic related but who knows), so we're only left with the broad strokes. And that does kinda suck.

What the hell?!
    We can only speculate... but there's a possibility that the force field failing might have been fleshed out a bit more in the now cancelled Invasion of Wakanda mini. It was a 3 part mini, so odds are we are missing out on a lot.

The preview of issue 2 PERHAPS gives some clues as to what that force field had to deal with. Alien weapons, psychic spirits, ancient magic. etc. I say perhaps because obviously we'll never know for sure.

EMPYRE: THE INVASION OF WAKANDA #2 (OF 3)
    Jim Zub (W) • LAN MEDINA (A)
    COVER BY Dustin Weaver
    VARIANT COVER BY KIM JACINTO
    WAKANDA UNDER SIEGE!
    • Alien weapons, psychic spirits, ancient magic — T'Challa prepared for war, but not even he could have foreseen the forces now brought to bear against his homeland.
    • If the Great Vibranium Mound is lost to these invaders, our planet will follow…
    • Yibambe!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Okay... I'm catching to the goal post here. So the issue is not that they're not showing technology, but they did a poor job of explaining why the force field fell. That's a pretty fair criticism.

Such details aren't necessarily going to be in the main book of a cross over event... they're often left to the tie in books. But unfortunately the Wakanda tie in book was cancelled for whatever reason (I would presume it's pandemic related but who knows), so we're only left with the broad strokes. And that does kinda suck.
    No it's a combination:

-Lack of showing much of a tech for the most advanced nation on earth.

- Unexplained failure of the Wakandan Force field despite literally the previous issue they being why Wakanda resisted invasion and was faring so well.

- Fans accepting and even defending the previous points instead of criticizing the writers and artists lack of creativity and straight up laziness.

And no, the excuse of well this is the main book also doesn't work because Hickman bad zero issues showing wakandan tech (advanced tech as well) in tro when they best back Black dwarf and destroyed Atlantis. The two splash pages of Wakanda that we saw in empyre could of easily shown a prowler on the back ground and airships. Abd they could of thrown in something about why the cotati are getting in, even of it was a simple "we are letting small, controlled groups on to better exterminate them effectively" or something. What we got is diet infinity war Wakanda