Page 28 of 750 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878128528 ... LastLast

So what you are saying is...

Get Hectic!

More like:

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

Redjack,

I just realized that the episode of Black Panther's Quest when he fights Captain Marvel & Thor is called "The Last Avenger". I wonder if Kelly Thompson got the idea from you for her current Captain Marvel story-line?

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    Redjack,

I just realized that the episode of Black Panther's Quest when he fights Captain Marvel & Thor is called "The Last Avenger". I wonder if Kelly Thompson got the idea from you for her current Captain Marvel story-line?
    Unlikely, considering the production timelines probably don't line up. It would be flattering but I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Nah Misty got shine in issues 1 and part of 2 i believe with Storm. T'Challa talks about being too afraid to repair his marriage, follows Storm like a puppy and trying to get validation from her, and gets scolded by an old lady in his issue. On top of that, BP and the crew contradicts S1 with Zenzi and the Crew
    Coates regularly contradicts himself throughout entire run.

I'm still waiting to see the duly elected president and representatives of Wakanda since they no longer have a king.

Oh wait...

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    More like:

"2+2=Butt."

Yep, that's Coates' run summed up.

Seeing Joaquin Phoenix get a nom for Best Actor for Joker makes me wonder why Michael B Jordan didn't get one(Best Supporting) for playing Killmonger.

I already know, just wondering aloud.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Seeing Joaquin Phoenix get a nom for Best Actor for Joker makes me wonder why Michael B Jordan didn't get one(Best Supporting) for playing Killmonger.

I already know, just wondering aloud.
    Because Jordan starred in a "popular" film. Phoenix's movie was "cinema".

("cinema" is from the French for "Oscar bait". )

Seriously, though... JOKER was a superhero movie only long enough to get it to the screens. Almost immediately after it started winning self-congratulatory awards on the festival circuit, the director started backpedaling away from the comic-book elements like they had cooties.

(Which, given that it's basically Scorcese fanfic with a thin veneer of Batverse elements, is probably fair.)

The folks that vote for the Oscars simply HATE genre films. With very few exceptions, they get delegated to the technical awards like "Best Special Effects". They even tried to stick them into their own category a few years back, with "Best Popular Film"... just so they wouldn't have to pollute their pretentious, navel-gazing "cinema" awards with movies the hoi polloi enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Because Jordan starred in a "popular" film. Phoenix's movie was "cinema".

("cinema" is from the French for "Oscar bait". )

Seriously, though... JOKER was a superhero movie only long enough to get it to the screens. Almost immediately after it started winning self-congratulatory awards on the festival circuit, the director started backpedaling away from the comic-book elements like they had cooties.

(Which, given that it's basically Scorcese fanfic with a thin veneer of Batverse elements, is probably fair.)

The folks that vote for the Oscars simply HATE genre films. With very few exceptions, they get delegated to the technical awards like "Best Special Effects". They even tried to stick them into their own category a few years back, with "Best Popular Film"... just so they wouldn't have to pollute their pretentious, navel-gazing "cinema" awards with movies the hoi polloi enjoy.
    I think I read somewhere someone said that they just re-made Taxi Driver and called it Joker.

I think they're in love with Joaquin too.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I think I read somewhere someone said that they just re-made Taxi Driver and called it Joker.

I think they're in love with Joaquin too.
    Phoenix is quite deserving of the love.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Phoenix definitely is. The rest of the film, eh. Not so sure what's so great about the direction, the screenplay, the hair/makeup and the costume design.

All the other nominations are good though.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Not saying he isn't and I think he's a great actor. I've seen him a few less high profile films and he's done great.

I just think, Michael did a fantastic job with Killmonger and he should have gotten some shine.

Coates regularly contradicts himself throughout entire run.

I'm still waiting to see the duly elected president and representatives of Wakanda since they no longer have a king.

Oh wait...
    Contradicts, immediately forgets/ ignores his own continuity, and everyone else's, makes a big deals out of things and wastes a ton of panel space only for it to be not a big deal or forgotten, or completely useless to the plot ie creating new characters and having some "big twist" for Characters we get zero ishts about. Basically hi. Doing anything and everything he can to not like T'Challa shine or get isht on and need help

Not saying he isn't and I think he's a great actor. I've seen him a few less high profile films and he's done great.

I just think, Michael did a fantastic job with Killmonger and he should have gotten some shine.
    Of Phoenix had given the EXACT same performance in a Batman film, I doubt he would have gotten the same degree of shine either. You just don't get that in super hero movies.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Of Phoenix had given the EXACT same performance in a Batman film, I doubt he would have gotten the same degree of shine either. You just don't get that in super hero movies.
    Which is further proof that the Oscars are a joke. Fantastic acting is fantastic acting no matter what movie genre your in, and the fact that Phoenix performance is getting this attention and MBJ isn't simply because ones movie is a comic book film abd a big blockbuster while the other skirts away from it's comic origins is ridiculous