Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
What Marvel should've done from the beginning is show T'Challa and Shuri have different scientific focuses. She's the engineer/computer expert, which makes her great for gadgets and infrastructure, but T'Challa can be the guy for more multiversal/interdimensional stuff. Then stuff like botany and medicine can be something they both do depending on who has time.

That way while Shuri can be responsible for energy daggers, T'Challa can be the inventor of Shadow Physics. Then maybe with the Techno-Organic Jungle they collaborated over the years. Maybe we'll see that delineation in the future but I doubt it and it frankly was a very bad decision not to do so in the first film.
Yeah I feel as though the plan of only slightly mentioning T'Challas super Genius by having him design how CW habit was a mistake. I would of actually made a point to atleast establish that T'Challa designed alot of things prior to Shuri. Big stuff like infrastructure, shields cloaking technology etc. Big stuff designed to protect Wakanda and it's people, or military might, should fall onto T'Challa. The other stuff could fall to Shuri. But I don't think it makes sense that Shuri would be designing military and protection tech when the protector and dude the franchise is about is capable of doing that, especially since before the movie he wasn't king yet