Page 591 of 750 FirstFirst ... 91491541581587588589590591592593594595601641691 ... LastLast
Results 8,851 to 8,865 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Even if the X-verse does their usual frakkery, what we need is a BP solo and writer to counter whatever they do and offer their own take.

It's been a one-sided hit job for too long.
    I know Coates isn't the most popular on this thread. But I do believe IF he was doing another BP Arc he would have addressed the StormBreaker situation. Which btw "StormBreaker" the shade was in the name the whole time smh
    Last edited by mbeezy561; 10-27-2020 at 09:38 AM.
    After reading Priest's run on Black Panther, I can truly said I've learned nothing, but I remember everything!
    I'm back from the Djailia!
    Since D9 exists in the MU, T'challa is definitely an Alpha! (Don't Debate me)

Quote Originally Posted by mbeezy561 View Post
    I know Coates isn't the most popular on this thread. But I do believe IF he was doing another BP Arc he would have addressed the StormBreaker situation. Which btw "StormBreaker" the shade was in the name the whole time smh
    I doubt he would address it. And if he did it would of been T'Challa simping on Storm HARD

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I doubt he would address it. And if he did it would of been T'Challa simping on Storm HARD
    Nah Ezyo, he would have said Wakanda stole Skybreaker from a nobel multidimensional creature and only thanks to a band of women, did the men not try to concur and enslave their neighbors.

BANNED

Too bad Ororo always seem to wield non-mutant/non-Kenyan created weapons such as Stormcaster and Skybreaker...

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Too bad Ororo always seem to wield non-mutant/non-Kenyan created weapons such as Stormcaster and Skybreaker...
    People on her thread say there is a sword of bone or something like that that is tied too her.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    People on her thread say there is a sword of bone or something like that that is tied too her.
    Yea it's related to an Elder God and her bloodline, so it would've made more sense than a Wakandan sword. But we know which one people are gonna care about more so she had to make that trip to Wakanda. Storm has the most poorly developed lore of the A-list X-Men so I expect to see more instances in the future of her leeching off T'Challa so she can stay relevant. That's pretty much been the case since 2017 so there's no reason to stop now.

I just noticed that’s where they misspelled TChaka’s name. So I can’t give full credit for being well written.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    I just noticed that’s where they misspelled TChaka’s name. So I can’t give full credit for being well written.
    I guarantee they were thinking T'Challa when they typed T'Chakka. The writer and editor can't even bother to research the source material which is the reason for the made up sword. The "Nation Maker" is called a sword but it's actually a spear. Never mentioned before. The "Panther's Claws", traditional swords of Wakanda. Never heard of them. "The Kings Mercy". A sword so revered, so awesome that Wakanda didn't even know they had it. Never used in a fight.

Astonishing Member

I guarantee they were thinking T'Challa when they typed T'Chakka. The writer and editor can't even bother to research the source material which is the reason for the made up sword. The "Nation Maker" is called a sword but it's actually a spear. Never mentioned before. The "Panther's Claws", traditional swords of Wakanda. Never heard of them. "The Kings Mercy". A sword so revered, so awesome that Wakanda didn't even know they had it. Never used in a fight.
    And the sad part is we know more about Skybreaker than we do the Spear of Bashenga, which should be a more iconic part of the lore lol. Coates focused so much on Wakandan prehistory that he didn't really lay out how Wakanda itself was founded. It's murkier now than ever who founded the kingdom and under what circumstances. In that sense it's not different from Gotham or Atlantis over at DC, as their origins change all the time, but you got like 4 dueling interpretations of Wakandan history at the moment. Poor IP management at its finest.

BANNED

Yes, that story can be read in...

Last edited by Micabe; 10-27-2020 at 02:50 PM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Honestly, I'm really sick of Marvel thinking the best way it can get buzz is by getting readers and fans to choose between the X-Men/Krakoa and Black Panther/Wakanda, and then fight each other over that choice. It shouldn't be a case of either-or, tearing down one to build up the other, or getting fans and readers to do that dirty work for the company itself. It's base and crass manipulation of the readership and fandom to trigger emotional responses in those who are attached to the X-Men/Krakoa and Black Panther/Wakanda for what they mean and represent to them. Frankly, we should be better than falling for that B.S.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Lol.

I like those Panthers Claws, I like how they look. If I had to choose Id pick those. But the power boost of the Kings Mercy......

Nah Ezyo, he would have said Wakanda stole Skybreaker from a nobel multidimensional creature and only thanks to a band of women, did the men not try to concur and enslave their neighbors.
    While also rounding up the creatures females and putting them into rape treehouses... All of this though he would still shove all thst Isht AND have T'Challa simp on Storm

Mighty Member

Day two. May have bit off more than I wanna chew. All those little details are gonna take some time. �� And right now it'll have to gum his food like Coates BP.
    20201027_184720.jpg
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

Couple years ago I had an idea for Okoye to lead the Agents as the Hand of Bast.