Page 49 of 750 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999149549 ... LastLast

Did someone say "scary child"?

Quote Originally Posted by XJlock View Post
    Although it would probably have been too late, shouldn't T'Challa's enhanced senses give away Carol's identity under that new suit?
    It's a full-body suit, so likely no scent, and they were making far too much noise to detect her heartbeat (assuming she even HAS one when powered up). That'd be a bit of a stretch.

Mighty Member

Haven't been reading Chokes, but if Bast is now a child, maybe she should be portrayed as a young talking panther. At least it would be cute. And the "writer" might be inclined to give her more cat-like wisdom.
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

Anybody have some crayons I can borrow...

I bought a book called Color Your Own Black Panther today...

When I have some free time I'll probably practice my coloring skills but preferably scanned pages using Photoshop instead of colored markers!
    Get Hectic!

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    just read the issue and I must say it was another slam dunk. shuri, eden, bp, ancestors, storm, bast and the black superhero squad!!! I'm ready for this epic battle! what was there not to like??
    I'm late to reading this issue. I think there's a lot to read into Bast as a petulant child. But, at the end, she still showed her overwhelming power.

The one thing I would have liked to see more is Shuri's past interaction with Bast. Wasn't that the big thing from Deadliest of Species that Bast found her unworthy of being the Black Panther?
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Wasn't that the big thing from Deadliest of Species that Bast found her unworthy of being the Black Panther?
    Yes. Initially anyway. Shuri's actions weren't pure basically.

But, at the same time, it was obviously more of a test than anything. As Shuri was given the powers, which Morlun noticed. This was Bast being Bast and acting like a God. Never straight forward but also teaching Shuri the meaning of being Black Panther at the same time.

But, then of course, you have Bast outright saying T'challa is her favorite and that she would strip Shuri's powers in a heartbeat if that is what T'challa wants.

But... at the same time, similar to when Bast challenged Shuri's beliefs, she is challenging T'challa here. Basically calling what he wants as petty ("boy" king, golden thrown, challenging if he is still fit and worthy of fear) because Bast has other ideas. She is basically challenging his man hood to get the result she wants, just like she challenged Shuri's core beliefs to get her to change.

Bast's very limited comic history is actually rather interesting because she makes no sense lol. She intervenes rarely, is cryptic, and, well, acts like an all powerful God, when I am not even sure she is (she is no Odin obviously). Coates using her so much in this child form is taking away from that godliness aspect. She is on panel way too much and instead of adding to the mystique, it is taking it away. Showing off her powers every once in awhile =/= Godly imo.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

But, at the same time, it was obviously more of a test than anything. As Shuri was given the powers, which Morlun noticed. This was Bast being Bast and acting like a God. Never straight forward but also teaching Shuri the meaning of being Black Panther at the same time.

But, then of course, you have Bast outright saying T'challa is her favorite and that she would strip Shuri's powers in a heartbeat if that is what T'challa wants.

But... at the same time, similar to when Bast challenged Shuri's beliefs, she is challenging T'challa here. Basically calling what he wants as petty ("boy" king, golden thrown, challenging if he is still fit and worthy of fear) because Bast has other ideas. She is basically challenging his man hood to get the result she wants, just like she challenged Shuri's core beliefs to get her to change.

Bast's very limited comic history is actually rather interesting because she makes no sense lol. She intervenes rarely, is cryptic, and, well, acts like an all powerful God, when I am not even sure she is (she is no Odin obviously). Coates using her so much in this child form is taking away from that godliness aspect. She is on panel way too much and instead of adding to the mystique, it is taking it away. Showing off her powers every once in awhile =/= Godly imo.
    She usually only shows up when called. The exception being Gillis' story.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    She usually only shows up when called. The exception being Gillis' story.
    in Hickman's thing, she kept showing up in T'challa's dreams and then was just there in necropolis, to T'challa's surprise. If I am remembering correctly

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

in Hickman's thing, she kept showing up in T'challa's dreams and then was just there in necropolis, to T'challa's surprise. If I am remembering correctly
    Than we'll count that as the exception since Gillis' isnt considered canon. Lol. It's not part of the Legacy numbering?

The way its happens, reminds me of the way Khonshu works with Moon Knight.
    Last edited by Cville; 01-28-2020 at 10:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Than we'll count that as the exception since Gillis' isnt considered canon. Lol. It's not part of the Legacy numbering?

The way its happens, reminds me of the way Khonshu works with Moon Knight.
    Legacy numbering was trash all around, they probably just forgot

they included Gillis in the most recent TPB.

It is non-canon over my dead body!

Bast is basically Crom.

Yep, that about it...

Get Hectic!

I think child bast as a troll, never revealing her true power, would actually be interesting, and she was fine when she used little snippets of her powers, like when she was first introduced, that was fine (that issue was still dumb because everything is at the expense of T'Challa but I digress) and having her drop some cryptic wisdom then bouncing is fine. But the way she was portrayed in the latest issue was isht, and the way she demonstrated her power was isht just so Coates could use Shuri to talk more isht to bast. Removes thr mystery and replaces it with... Mediocrity

When was the last time Bast was ever depicted really all that great...

Either Bast needs to be a downloadable playable character like Odin or kicked to the curb!

Rep you hood Bast and get in the game or get out of the way...

Get Hectic!

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

I just finished reading Avengers # 30. Unlike Coates' main Black Panther comic, T'Challa shows up more than just the previews in this comic. No action on T'challa's part, but I've decided to actively collect the Avengers since Aaron seems to portray him better than Coates in the main Black Panther comic. But I can assure you......he's not being talked down by anyone in this comic lol