Page 438 of 750 FirstFirst ... 338388428434435436437438439440441442448488538 ... LastLast
Results 6,556 to 6,570 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Even in the Hickman picture above, they're still standing around in one piece bikini's... they just happen to be wearing capes over the bikinis.

Artists having female characters show a lot of skin pretty much goes across the board.
    Yes but a one piece bikini is alot less sexual then an iron bra and panties with a drape hanging down in front like Coates has in his book.. by default two piece bikinis are more sexual

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Coates wasn't interested in trying to build up BP. He was more concerned about showing his own ideology through the peripheral characters and elevating their status. He continues that with these stealth minis that were little more than ads for characters other than BP.

He's the person who is supposed to be championing BP and getting him that spotlight. It was dreck. Funny, he's starting to do the same thing in Captain America. Steve is starting to take a backseat to the supporting characters. spoilers:
    There's a whole secret club of women heroes that no one ever knew about. Hell, Sharon Carter is now the Iron Patriot.
    end of spoilers

300K for issue #1 seems like 300K years ago.
    Funny thing is, even his pet characters he threw under the bus. When it was known in S1 that tetu and zenzis were known terrorist and strapping bomb's to Wakandans they still stayed with them. Until the rape started again, and then they said we are going to dip out and hide till T'Challa wrecked tetu and crew then come back out and demand to keep the jabari lands. Out of his entire time on BP the characters most elevated by Coates are... Storm and Eden...

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Yes but a one piece bikini is alot less sexual then an iron bra and panties with a drape hanging down in front like Coates has in his book.. by default two piece bikinis are more sexual
    Sure, it's a matter of degree. I'm just saying to me having females run around in bikini's in a comic book is pretty normal. And maybe that's wrong on conceptually... but to me at least showing a little skin was never an issue.

For what it's worth, guys do it too to a lesser degree. Killmonger always seemed to have a weird fixation of going around shirtless for no reason... even when he's going into battle.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    And despite some of the blow back she got from the usual suspects you could tell there was effort put into her gameplay. She’s consistently rated one of the best characters to play as and is being made central to the story. Even if you dislike the character you can’t exactly say she was poorly done. So imagine how people who don’t come in with those biases are going to respond to her. Marvel has done an amazing job with her and Miles these last few years.
    What is wild to me is that... black people love video games lol.

Why wouldn't you want to tap that market for all its worth???

I always thought $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ would be the great equalizer but I was wrong.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    What is wild to me is that... black people love video games lol.

Why wouldn't you want to tap that market for all its worth???

I always thought $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ would be the great equalizer but I was wrong.
    Outside of stuff you can find on the app story, marvel/Disney hasn't really made a whole lot of marvel video games. They collab with Lego or Capcom, but really Avengers is the first game in forever that isn't tied to another franchise. On the consolde side of things, I do wonder if Disney doesn't really consider video games all that profitable. In the least it's not a priority. Hopefully Avengers will change their minds if that's the case.

We're obviously seeing a lot of stuff on the Sony Marvel side of things, but Sony obviously has more at stake with video games.

It would be different if it were a normal comic book run.

But it wasn't. There was a full on "serve tchalla in all ways," rape camp, thing going on.

That completely changes the framing of it.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

We can agree to disagree on Aarons BP. I'd say it's pretty descent. He's getting a lot of tech feats, though most are one shots. And I think pretty much all the Avengers world building ... the entire status quo from the head quarters to the support team with the AoW, are all built around Black Panther. He's hasn't been the primary focus of a lot of the stories, but he's looked pretty good overall. And he does get his moments. It's not Priest level good... but overall I think he writes a pretty good BP.
    Pardon my French, but fsck feats. And fsck "world building". His vaunted Agents of Wakanda, rather than showing how Wakanda does SHIELD better, ended up being a dumping ground for C-list characters like Ka-Zar and Man-Wolf. And then he doesn't even bother USING them, instead dumping them on Ewing.

As for "It's not Priest level good…" It SHOULD be. Why must we be forced to settle for merely adequate? Especially on a supposed flagship book like Avengers?

Raise the bloody bar, Marvel.

Looks like Comixology crashed after they made all the BP comics free

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Pardon my French, but fsck feats. And fsck "world building". His vaunted Agents of Wakanda, rather than showing how Wakanda does SHIELD better, ended up being a dumping ground for C-list characters like Ka-Zar and Man-Wolf. And then he doesn't even bother USING them, instead dumping them on Ewing.

As for "It's not Priest level good…" It SHOULD be. Why must we be forced to settle for merely adequate? Especially on a supposed flagship book like Avengers?

Raise the bloody bar, Marvel.
    You don't have to settle ... you can simply not buy and read things that aren't at Priests level. 99% of books aren't, but nothing wrong with high standards. I do think a lot of what he's doing with BP is fun... but obviously that's all subjective.

Sure, it's a matter of degree. I'm just saying to me having females run around in bikini's in a comic book is pretty normal. And maybe that's wrong on conceptually... but to me at least showing a little skin was never an issue.

For what it's worth, guys do it too to a lesser degree. Killmonger always seemed to have a weird fixation of going around shirtless for no reason... even when he's going into battle.
    Yes but the point also being made is that Coates hyper sexualized them for his story. When other writers before him weren't sexualizing them like that.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Looks like Comixology crashed after they made all the BP comics free
    God I hate how they disabled in-app purchases, freaking Amazon. Least I snagged all of Rise of the Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    It would be different if it were a normal comic book run.

But it wasn't. There was a full on "serve tchalla in all ways," rape camp, thing going on.

That completely changes the framing of it.
    My god i was so pissed off reading that garbage gay we writing about the serve in all way isht. Because Priest and Hudlin made it CLEAR thst T'Challa wouldn't touch them and that the whole point of then were to protect the royal family. It was damn clear gay had zero clue about anything related to the mythos and only went off Coates misinformation and blatant bias. Ugh just remembering anything from that mini pisses me off lol

You don't have to settle ... you can simply not buy and read things that aren't at Priests level. 99% of books aren't, but nothing wrong with high standards. I do think a lot of what he's doing with BP is fun... but obviously that's all subjective.
    I mean, of your going to be writing THE avengers book, the least you can do is out in the effort to make it good. Look at what Hickman is doing with X-Men. He is taking it seriously and trying to spin an epic story. Is it so hard to expect a writer to put out the best story they can with the best characterization possible? This whole, I'd you don't like it, don't buy it is just an excuse. How about, out out quality content and have. Higher standards for your comics Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    I just wanted to come back to this.. this is actually pretty funny and I wish there were more covers like this.. Infact this is just in Flexes wheel house in terms of short but funny stories

My god i was so pissed off reading that garbage gay we writing about the serve in all way isht. Because Priest and Hudlin made it CLEAR thst T'Challa wouldn't touch them and that the whole point of then were to protect the royal family. It was damn clear gay had zero clue about anything related to the mythos and only went off Coates misinformation and blatant bias. Ugh just remembering anything from that mini pisses me off lol
    Coates has this thing about "subverting black male machismo" and I guess Gay got that too. T'challa never struck me as the kind of guy who would take advantage of the Doras. That's just not who he is. Like Aaron with Thor, Coates wanted to make his mark by fixing something that wasn't broken to begin with.