Page 472 of 750 FirstFirst ... 372422462468469470471472473474475476482522572 ... LastLast
Results 7,066 to 7,080 of 11243
    Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

This is exactly why I've been saying this discussion isn't to be had right now and Coogler and co would have to lead it.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Curious. T'Challa is talking to Cotati Swordsman and tells him he survived his attack by using Shadow Combat. I don't remember T'Challa mentioning this before.

Where was this brought up the first time?
    Towards the end of Ewings' Ultimates. He fought that psychic women and she disabled the habit. He used Shadow Martial Art to disable her armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Towards the end of Ewings' Ultimates. He fought that psychic women and she disabled the habit. He used Shadow Martial Art to disable her armor.
    Ahhh...thanks Cville. I vaguely remember it now. I'm gonna pull out my Ultimates to refresh my memory.

Edit: Ultimates II #5. I forgot all about that. I guess because there was never another mention of it until now.
    Last edited by Marvell2100; 09-15-2020 at 03:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    Y'lan Noel great choice, I'd like to see him aswell or Kofi Siriboe or Trevante Rhodes too.
    Denzel’s son is a better choice. Just my two cents. But I agree the discussion should probably wait.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    So are we going to ignore, or go tell to "kick rocks" to those in support of black male heroes having a high profile within fictional movie world?? It's so interesting that nobody that wants to push Shuri being given the role held by T'Challa can speak the optics of downplaying a black man for sake of boosting a black woman.
    Because they don't care. Like it or not, this franchise is headlined by a Black male. It has been the case for 50+ years. And 100% if this was reversed and Shuri had been BP for 50+ years. These people would flip their **** at any one even thinking of replacing "Marvel's premier Black female super hero" and would throw around accusations of sexism for anyone saying the mantle should be passed.

Also some of the people here who keep saying T'Challa can die on screen.. Y'all know that they are asking her dies 3 times right? In BP when he "died" and lost the kingdom
    In IW when he died and lost his kingdom. And not people want to see him die a 3rd time and lose his kingdom for good?? I mean what the frak kind of message are some people trying to send to kids? That os some how the respectful thing tondo to the character and to Chadwick's legacy?? I mean cotdamn...
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 09-15-2020 at 04:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    This is exactly why I've been saying this discussion isn't to be had right now and Coogler and co would have to lead it.
    This is true, however the more this type of stuff goes on the more traction it gets and starts becoming normaliso under the guise of being respectful to Chad when it's actually capitalizing on his passing to push a certain agenda (hence why people were pushing it the day he passed) and there are some of us who aren't going to let it go unabated. Ultimately it's their choice but I hope they don't think killing off T'Challa is somehow what Chad wouldn't wanted or that it's somehow paying respect.

Ahhh...thanks Cville. I vaguely remember it now. I'm gonna pull out my Ultimates to refresh my memory.

Edit: Ultimates II #5. I forgot all about that. I guess because there was never another mention of it until now.

Same writer did both so, called back to himself.

I'll take it... 2x is a trend and not some forgotten thing... hopefully

anything unique i'll take lol
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 09-15-2020 at 04:55 PM.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Because they don't care. Like it or not, this franchise is headlined by a Black male. It has been the case for 50+ years. And 100% if this was reversed and Shuri had been BP for 50+ years. These people would flip their **** at any one even thinking of replacing "Marvel's premier Black female super hero" and would throw around accusations of sexism for anyone saying the mantle should be passed.

Also some of the people here who keep saying T'Challa can die on screen.. Y'all know that they are asking her dies 3 times right? In BP when he "died" and lost the kingdom
    In IW when he died and lost his kingdom. And not people want to see him die a 3rd time and lose his kingdom for good?? I mean what the frak kind of message are some people trying to send to kids? That os some how the respectful thing tondo to the character and to Chadwick's legacy?? I mean cotdamn...
    Fire, facts, and finally the truth spoken power bruh! We all speculate about Coogler ultimate decision for the fun of it all. However let's not conflate it with folks in here dragging certain kinds of agendas under a conciliatory tone. People want to speak about the rightness of shuri being given the role, and with their other mouth want to be naysayers on recasting and allowing a black male hero's legacy continue on, if only for a few more movies before its given to someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

Same writer did both so, called back to himself.

I'll take it... 2x is a trend and not some forgotten thing... hopefully

anything unique i'll take lol
    I want either Ewing or Zdarsky writing the next BP solo.

Shame we gotta wait until 2021 for the current run to end. Plus no AoW. Looks like it's just Avengers only for BP now.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    I think from a selfish fan perspective

If T'challa fans don't speak often and constant like the Shuri (un)fans, we feel like we will get drowned out.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I want either Ewing or Zdarsky writing the next BP solo.

Shame we gotta wait until 2021 for the current run to end. Plus no AoW. Looks like it's just Avengers only for BP now.
    fingers crossed this Khonshu **** pays off....

I think from a selfish fan perspective

If T'challa fans don't speak often and constant like the Shuri (un)fans, we feel like we will get drowned out.
    Yeah, you gotta speak up, speak out. Get into good trouble.

Thank you Congressman John Lewis.
    Last edited by Marvell2100; 09-15-2020 at 05:23 PM.

fingers crossed this Khonshu **** pays off....
    Not just that but all of these lingering plots by Aaron:

Phoenix Force - up next. No X-Men please.
    Dracula and the Vampires
    Squadron Supreme of America -Mephisto.
    Namor
    Soviet Super Soldiers -Mephisto?
    Avengers B.C.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    This is true, however the more this type of stuff goes on the more traction it gets and starts becoming normaliso under the guise of being respectful to Chad when it's actually capitalizing on his passing to push a certain agenda (hence why people were pushing it the day he passed) and there are some of us who aren't going to let it go unabated. Ultimately it's their choice but I hope they don't think killing off T'Challa is somehow what Chad wouldn't wanted or that it's somehow paying respect.
    I'm assure Coogler and his co-workers will have a better idea of what Boseman may or may not want and act accordingly. Whatever Coogler does I'm sure will be with the utmost respect for Boseman and the character.

Mighty Member

I know Chadwick was a man of faith and it sounds like he already had a solid character before he was cast, but there is every possibility he saw T'Challa as a role model himself.
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.