Page 246 of 750 FirstFirst ... 146196236242243244245246247248249250256296346746 ... LastLast
Results 3,676 to 3,690 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    That's basically what T'Challa and the Avengers are doing anyways. They're trying to save the world from Mephisto. They're just not doing it by attacking other super heroes.
    Come on man, I think we all know the difference between a standard story arc involving a team, and an event mini that focuses on a particular character with said character having their personal narrative running parallel to the main plot.

Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post
    HEY...

Monday is the first day of June!

Here's to Black Panther and new beginnings, new writers, new creative teams and all that!

Carry on...
    Salute, chief!

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    I just don't understand why he hasn't done an expansive event focusing on him yet. BP is long overdue.
    Marvel events aren't very good these days so I'm in no hurry for T'Challa to get one.

That's basically what T'Challa and the Avengers are doing anyways. They're trying to save the world from Mephisto. They're just not doing it by attacking other super heroes.
    Isn't that what fans want? Heroes battling heroes! All the time! It worked once, decades ago!

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    I personal want to see more of this type of Aaron goodness:

[IMG]https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/vowDJTyplxCxnPHVQHS0or1xiZA=/0x0:990x733/1200x0/filters:focal(0x0:990x733):no_upscale()/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/6470429/Screen%20Shot%202016-05-11%20at%2010.13.32%20AM.png
    I honestly can't understand how the writer who came up with that story turned into the one we have now, pulling new concepts and powers out of nowhere to justify his story. I used to think that Aaron would be a good BP writer. I don't, anymore.

Come on man, I think we all know the difference between a standard story arc involving a team, and an event mini that focuses on a particular character with said character having their personal narrative running parallel to the main plot.
    The biggest difference with Moon Knight here is he's the freaking antagonist in the story.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Isn't that what fans want? Heroes battling heroes! All the time! It worked once, decades ago!

I honestly can't understand how the writer who came up with that story turned into the one we have now, pulling new concepts and powers out of nowhere to justify his story. I used to think that Aaron would be a good BP writer. I don't, anymore.
    I don't think you can necessariy say his new powers and concepts are out of nowhere... his god is right there on panel. It's not entirely unbelievable that a god can power up his avatar. Gods do that sort of thing all the time in comics.

I don't think you can necessariy say his new powers and concepts are out of nowhere... his god is right there on panel. It's not entirely unbelievable that a god can power up his avatar. Gods do that sort of thing all the time in comics.
    Because not all characters are the same? Because having a 45-year history used to mean something?

We're in a situation where a hero best known for street-level crime stories is going face to face with Immortal Weapons, gods, demons, and the freaking SORCERER SUPREME, defeating them without breaking a sweat, and stealing their powers by waving Egyptian bling in their faces.

But hey, T'Challa didn't get punked out! Yay. The best showing of the main characters of the book is a guy who regularly out-thinks demons and cosmic threats surrendering. And yes, MK didn't get what he wants, but that doesn't change the fact that T'Challa didn't even TRY to fight back.

Meh. I'm done with this arc.

Because not all characters are the same? Because having a 45-year history used to mean something?

We're in a situation where a hero best known for street-level crime stories is going face to face with Immortal Weapons, gods, demons, and the freaking SORCERER SUPREME, defeating them without breaking a sweat, and stealing their powers by waving Egyptian bling in their faces.

But hey, T'Challa didn't get punked out! Yay. The best showing of the main characters of the book is a guy who regularly out-thinks demons and cosmic threats surrendering. And yes, MK didn't get what he wants, but that doesn't change the fact that T'Challa didn't even TRY to fight back.

If you've got a god and magical egyptian bling why not? Wrecker was a normal dude until he got a magical crow bar one day. Magical bling can do that sort of thing.

As far as T'Challa not trying to fight back... I think that's the point. Because the battle took place on Wakanda, there was potential threat to civilians. Him opting to meet MK's god instead of fighting isn't entirely out of character for him.

But yes... to advance the story MK does have to get the better of BP and pretty much everyone else he faces up to this point. In the least I'd say this was a more protected loss than what anyone else has gotten so far.

You were supposed to be done with Marvel at least three times already. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    You were supposed to be done with Marvel at least three times already. Lol.
    People keep saying how great these side books are. I keep getting disappointed. :P

Jen had this, Robbie had this, blade had one. I think it's way past time for TChalla to have one for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Jen had this, Robbie had this, blade had one. I think it's way past time for TChalla to have one for sure.
    I think this is shaping up to be Aaron second good Avengers arc. The only other one was the vampire story

I agree with you here, honestly TChalla surrendering like he did is definitely a step up from Thor IF, and Steven getting straight wrecked for sure. However I would rather have a little less subtle end game panther, and more Hudlin/Priest Panther. Would i would of liked to see is this: TChalla stack's up to MK, they have a short fight, both are holding their own but clearly TChalla has the advantage, maybe MK then gets a hit on TChalla, TChalla has a realization, knocks mk back then surrenders, mk then pulls out the anhks and the scene that took place about not being able to take his power unfolds.

Showing that yes, TChalla COULD of beaten mk like he said, but there is more at play here and it would be smarter to meet with khonsu due to something bigger is happening.

I like the idea that TChalla is the most dangerous man alive and the greatest warrior on earth, so when it comes to a fight, dude is prepared to throw down, but this is also a grandmaster chess player mind so he is constantly looking at the Forest instead of the trees
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 05-30-2020 at 12:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I think this is shaping up to be Aaron second good Avengers arc. The only other one was the vampire story
    Im cautiously interested is seeing it through, I don't have a high expectation that TChalla is going to be the core force in the resolution, but I don't currently think Aaron is going to straight up punk him

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    It's fairly normal for the Avengers who don't have solo books to get their own story arcs in Avengers. The guys with solo books get their lions share of development in their solo books. But the Avengers writer can pretty much do whatever they want with the characters who don't have their own books.