Page 48 of 750 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898148548 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    i'm dying to show you guys an image but i don't want it to get around yet.

hypothetically, if I could lock down CHRIS CROSS on art and obviously I'd write it, would that be enough to interest you?

It could be a kickstarter, after all.

But it's a big bite if there's no market. What do you guys think, not just for yourselves but if there's an appetite out there for something else in the same lane?
    I have never really been into any other comics, but Marvel. Only 2 or 3 times have I purchased a DC comic for myself ( and it was only because Priest & Hudlin wrote the comic).

It would be tough for me to get into an indie title. I used to watch Buffy & Angel all the time on TV. I really liked Angel as a show & character, but I have never purchased Angel or Buffy in a comic book form. It aslo takes time for me to invest myself in a comic character, due to time and energy.

I could buy some initial comics of your concept because you're writing it and see where it goes, but I can't promise I would continually collect ( like I did with Priest & Hudlin when they wrote DC characters). Hell, I'm not collecting Coates run and BP is my favorite comic character. But, I'm sure you're stuff would be way better

But the idea of creating a new character for the IP alone is a good idea in itself. Look at what Ryan Coogler is trying to do with Bitter Root. Someone may try to make a movie out of it in the future.

PS: When I mentioned Priest & hudlin, i mean I didn't continue collecting.
    Last edited by Vibranium Weave; 01-25-2020 at 12:40 PM.

Basically for a non-protected comic, once you drop below 10K you should worry, below 8k you should panic, below 6k you're done. That's only for Marvel or DC. 6 or 8k for an indie is healthy.

"Protected" means someone in editorial or on the movie side needs the book to stay on the shelves for some reason other than money OR, like MS. Marvel and Moon Girl, you're crushing outside the direct market, say, at Scholastic.

Side note for the room.

Does it NEED to be Black Panther? if i started an indie comic with similar themes but not a copy (like INVINCIBLE or ASTRO CITY) would people buy that? Or are you just invested in T'Challa? This is a research question as i work out my next couple years of comics output.
    Comes down to how good it is and how easy it is to obtain. If its Kickstarter or something similar, I don't go that route. But if its pre-orderable at my LCS, I'd give it a look.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I wouldn't call it stupid so much as I'd say it's just playing by the rules. Again, vibranium can explode if it's overloaded with energy. When it contains too much it releases it. Thus, in theory a suit made from vibranium under less than ideal circumstances can explode too.

But the fact that the suit is able to take out the attacked before it fails I think is actually cooler than if it just stops working. The suit went down but it took down the attackers with it, while leaving T'Challa relatively unscathed. To me that wasn't all that bad a showing.
    What you quoted from me IS playing by the rules, ie there is a threshold, I literally just laid how how easily this was attained by Coogler in the movie. The suit Exploding IS stupid. Because when Coates has it explode th suit was essentially useless at that point and could not absorb anymore. Coogler has the suit explode the energy and T'Challa is essentially unscathed but he is disoriented and felt the strike, but the habit itself is still intact. That is more playing by the rules then what Coates did.

Abd yeah it was a bad showing considering what we have seen the habit tank: hits from hulk, hits from heralds of Galactus, Ironman, super skrulls, Hits from iron fist hits from Phoenix powered namor, hits from Black dwarf (off panel) etc etc.
    Yet Coates has it get destroyed by... 3 guys with laser guns?? Are you kidding me that's the limit?? Yeah I can bullisht
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 01-25-2020 at 01:34 PM.

[QUOTE=Ezyo1000;4801316]
    I wouldn't call it stupid so much as I'd say it's just playing by the rules. Again, vibranium can explode if it's overloaded with energy. When it contains too much it releases it. Thus, in theory a suit made from vibranium under less than ideal circumstances can explode too.

But the fact that the suit is able to take out the attacked before it fails I think is actually cooler than if it just stops working. The suit went down but it took down the attackers with it, while leaving T'Challa relatively unscathed. To me that wasn't all that bad a showing.

What you quoted from me IS playing by the rules, ie there is a threshold, I literally just laid how how easily this was attained by Coogler in the movie. The suit Exploding IS stupid. Because when Coates has it explode th suit was essentially useless at that point and could not absorb anymore. Coogler has the suit explode the energy and T'Challa is essentially unscathed but he is disoriented and felt the strike, but the habit itself is still intact. That is more playing by the rules then what Coates did.

Abd yeah it was a bad showing considering what we have seen the habit tank: hits from hulk, hits from heralds of Galactus, Ironman, super skrulls, Hits from iron fist hits from Phoenix powered namor, hits from Black dwarf (off panel) etc etc.
    Yet Coates has it get destroyed by... 3 guys with laser guns?? Are you kidding me that's the limit?? Yeah I can bullisht
    Daredevil and Captain America have also tanked hits from Hulk, heralds of Galactus and Iron Man. And without vibranium suits. There are unfortunately levels of inconsistency in this sort of things, though at times we can chalk it up to people pulling their punches.

Ultimately Coates did make this suit, so he obviously gets to decide the limits of it. But in comics, people play with such limits all the times and it's not uncommon for that limit to increase or decrease depending on the threat level. It's why Killmonger can be a threat to BP one day, when he's taking shots from Namor the next. Even though a blow from Namor should be like 200 times greater. The rules tend to bend to serve what the story needs. Not defending that sort of thing mind you.. but it is what it is.

Daredevil and Captain America have also tanked hits from Hulk, heralds of Galactus and Iron Man. And without vibranium suits. There are unfortunately levels of inconsistency in this sort of things, though at times we can chalk it up to people pulling their punches.

Ultimately Coates did make this suit, so he obviously gets to decide the limits of it. But in comics, people play with such limits all the times and it's not uncommon for that limit to increase or decrease depending on the threat level. It's why Killmonger can be a threat to BP one day, when he's taking shots from Namor the next. Even though a blow from Namor should be like 200 times greater. The rules tend to bend to serve what the story needs. Not defending that sort of thing mind you.. but it is what it is.
    No. PRIEST made the habit. STELFREEZE made the Kinect push. Abd I'm pretty sure he didn't say "3 guys with lasers can defeat the habit" especially when the microweave has proven stronger on that regard compared to this new design apparently.

Ultimate Member

hypothetically, if I could lock down CHRIS CROSS on art and obviously I'd write it, would that be enough to interest you?

But it's a big bite if there's no market. What do you guys think, not just for yourselves but if there's an appetite out there for something else in the same lane?
    Kwanzaa's Black was funded in less than 24 hours on Kickstarter. The only "big" name on that book was Jamal Igle. It got a comic deal with Black Magic books. His book White also got crow funded.
    Jamal's Molly Danger was crowd funded and LOL I can find it in the public library.
    Shawn Pryor got his books Cash & Carrie funded twice. Even the creator of Filmore funded the books.
    Deadbeats had Vita and two of the folks who worked on 90s Doom Patrol and a cosplayer-who took on a certain toxic fandom. It got funded and can be found in stores.

I think funding an OGN via Kickstarter won't be an issue.

Of course I am bias as I funded Black, White, Cash & Carrie & Deadbeats.

I'm looking forward to that Strange Academy preview.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I'm looking forward to that Strange Academy preview.
    I'm willing to give it a shot, but I fully expect it to get ruined by a crossover eventually. Marvel HATES active hero schools.

BANNED

Basically for a non-protected comic, once you drop below 10K you should worry, below 8k you should panic, below 6k you're done. That's only for Marvel or DC. 6 or 8k for an indie is healthy.

"Protected" means someone in editorial or on the movie side needs the book to stay on the shelves for some reason other than money OR, like MS. Marvel and Moon Girl, you're crushing outside the direct market, say, at Scholastic.

Side note for the room.

Does it NEED to be Black Panther? if i started an indie comic with similar themes but not a copy (like INVINCIBLE or ASTRO CITY) would people buy that? Or are you just invested in T'Challa? This is a research question as i work out my next couple years of comics output.
    Dude, I'd read anything written by you regardless.

Side note for the room.

Good character? Good art? Good story? Good villains? I'm buying.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Honestly, I was fine with kid looking trolling for the hell of it because she is a God bast, it gave her some development, hell you could even say she appears like a child because her power is greatly diminished, but she had the wisdom of a being who had lived for tens of thousand years. This version of bast was okay up till this issue in terms of attitude because she is so mysterious. However, this bullisht Making her act like a child is just dumb abd serves no purpose but to shade throw more on the mythos.

Trolling kid looking bast ok. Temper tantrum throwing kid bast? Nah
    I think the problem with looking like a kid is when a kid is mad when doesnt it look like a temper tantrum? I don't feel current bast is *terrible* but it's more like im just not invested at all.

Quote Originally Posted by RDMXV View Post
    I think the problem with looking like a kid is when a kid is mad when doesnt it look like a temper tantrum? I don't feel current bast is *terrible* but it's more like im just not invested at all.
    Its very easy to show her looking like a kid yet be scary as hell when angered. Coates just literally wrote her throwing a temper tantrum. Ass to the fact Coates has Eden and Storm as the keys to Wakanda winning, using maroon tech instead of Wakandan, and a ishtty showing of bad just makes a already ishtty issue even ishttier

Although it would probably have been too late, shouldn't T'Challa's enhanced senses give away Carol's identity under that new suit?