Page 352 of 750 FirstFirst ... 252302342348349350351352353354355356362402452 ... LastLast
Results 5,266 to 5,280 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Exactly! Fully co-sign.
    Infact Panthers new powers should fluctuate. You know that silly prayer power up Coats gave Storm. Tell me why Panther can't get that? He is basts Avitar fully now his power levels come from her and hers from the faith of the wakandan ppl. The more inspired the Wakandan people are in Bast/Tchalla the more powerful Tchalla becomes.
    That would properly explain away ALL power level fluctuations over history as well release him from any limitations. Make it a family secret that only Killmonger knows (which will help explain his victories as being smart and enough and well planed enough to always challenge Tchalla at his weaker points)
    Yo fam, that actually works to me! If Tchalla is in the realm of Wakanda he should be a beast, maybe he Luke Cage level power, but maybe close to it. The further and longer he is away from Wakanda his power shifts back to default of what his habitat grants him. This allows for him to have challenges to work around while still being the man in his homeland. It's a though.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Yo fam, that actually works to me! If Tchalla is in the realm of Wakanda he should be a beast, maybe he Luke Cage level power, but maybe close to it. The further and longer he is away from Wakanda his power shifts back to default of what his habitat grants him. This allows for him to have challenges to work around while still being the man in his homeland. It's a though.
    The first storyline would be T'challa slowly withering to death because he is cut off from Wakanda. 100% guaranteed lol.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Incredible Member

Thoughts on this analysis?

https://youtu.be/mgamEWj3tO8

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    He can boost himself anytime he needs to with gear though, so it's not like he even needs divine intervention of any sort.
    Agreed. T'Challa is a top tier martial artist, genius intellect, with unparalleled political/financial resources. I don't want him at Spider-Man levels, I want him to show he can do the same **** Thor can but with finesse and planning. The emphasis should be on the man, not gods or tech. The occasional power-up now and then is cool, but it shouldn't be permanent. I firmly believe that T'Challa should still realistically be beatable by the likes of Iron Fist or Deathstroke under regular circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Exactly! Fully co-sign.
    Infact Panthers new powers should fluctuate. You know that silly prayer power up Coats gave Storm. Tell me why Panther can't get that? He is basts Avitar fully now his power levels come from her and hers from the faith of the wakandan ppl. The more inspired the Wakandan people are in Bast/Tchalla the more powerful Tchalla becomes.
    That would properly explain away ALL power level fluctuations over history as well release him from any limitations. Make it a family secret that only Killmonger knows (which will help explain his victories as being smart and enough and well planed enough to always challenge Tchalla at his weaker points)
    That just opens up too many opportunities for some writer to screw over T'Challa. What happens if BP is in space? These power fluctuations would just cut out on him at the wrong time.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    The first storyline would be T'challa slowly withering to death because he is cut off from Wakanda. 100% guaranteed lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    That just opens up too many opportunities for some writer to screw over T'Challa. What happens if BP is in space? These power fluctuations would just cut out on him at the wrong time.
    Pretty much the same thing happened with Captain Britain, back in the day.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Was literally just about to say this lol. I like the idea for using it to explain power fluctuations but setting it in stone like that might just open up the wrong story opportunities for the wrong writer.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    I like to say that on a strength scale from 1 to 10, T'Challa is an H.

(Stands for "Hell if I know")

But then again, I'm not a Rumbles Board guy.
    This is why I say that being bast champion should simply make him the strongest BP baseline. As in the HSH T'Challa would be physically weaker then champion of bast T'Challa. Like the difference between himself and killmonger when they first met. Or basically sane strength as mbaku. He does that need to be that much stronger but a slight jump and then a bigger focus o. Things like being connected to vibranium, being able to channel experience and skills from previous panthers but to be clear, this makes their skill his own, he still has to utilize it in the best way possible.

Keep it simple and clear cut, no zombie BS no strength of panthers just a small (but noticable) power boost and communing with bast and previous panthers, connecting with vibranium, and being able to access and utilize previous BPs skills And experience

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Honestly out of T'Challa's physical enhancements I think his speed and agility should be the most impressive thing, not necessarily his strength. I'm not saying that and his striking power shouldn't be enhanced but big cats are typically known for their speed, agility, reaction timing and their senses. Especially leopards and panthers because they aren't fighters like lions and tigers.

But I'm not totally against giving T'Challa some kind of permanent power up that allows him to showcase some really good feats. White Tiger got something like that recently.

link
    link
    link
    link
    link
    Last edited by Blind Wedjat; 08-03-2020 at 09:53 AM.

I mean, ain't that some isht that we fans know that is exactly what would happen. Instead of a writer going "cool how can I utilize this in my story in a creative and fin way to enhance T'Challa" instead be "Ohni got it T'Challa is losing his powers that he just got and is going to get his ass kicked all throughout the story arc and barely eek out a win at the very last minute"

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    This is why I say that being bast champion should simply make him the strongest BP baseline. As in the HSH T'Challa would be physically weaker then champion of bast T'Challa.
    Exactly when did "champion of bast" become a thing? I was rather under the impression that's what being Black Panther MEANS.

Got all tha jokes today ?!! Lol. Ain't neva lied though. With good establishing of the concept there's plenty of room for cool stories, but in all honesty. I have to concur the minute BP is handled outside his own book there would be epic shenanigans ��.

Exactly when did "champion of bast" become a thing? I was rather under the impression that's what being Black Panther MEANS.
    Truly there were some soft references to Tchalla being the most favored of all the BP's in Wakandan history.

That is exactly what BP means every since the retcon that Bast personally vets each BP lol.

Hickman had bast call T'challa her most favored son and people here like to run with cool phrases l
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html