Page 186 of 296 FirstFirst ... 86136176182183184185186187188189190196236286 ... LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,790 of 4429
  1. #2776
    Dark Angel of Feminism Shadowcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Otherworld
    Posts
    2,827

    Default

    6F0FCDAE-E935-44BC-BE5A-C7FF4FDCDA28.jpg

    I’d also really love to see Michael Broussard. He’d make everything in Wakanda gorgeous.
    Top 10 DC Heroes and 10 Villains
    :Wonder Woman:Huntress (Wayne):Vixen:Catwoman:Black Canary:
    :Hawkgirl (Kendra):Troia:Thunder:Halo:Madame Xanadu:
    :Emerald Empress:Circe:Granny Goodness:Cheshire:Silver Swan (Alexandros):
    :Golden Glider:Star Sapphire:Harley Quinn:Cheetah (Domaine):Queen of Fables:

  2. #2777
    Ultimate Member MindofShadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    16,976

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Cosign, In addition to that I really wanna see Wakanda's version of heavy armored shock troops. The solo movie left me underwhelmed. I give points for the creative aesthetic, but you would almost think that the full military forces were the Dora, the border tribe and the castle guards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    I mean to be fair, the final battle of the film wasn't an all-out civil war. I sometimes say with the way that battle took place it feels too big. I would have scaled a few things down to make it feel more personal (like maybe no dog fight between the fighter jets and not have the different factions fight for so long). It really was just another challenge fight with some other groups playing along. Killmonger was using the castle guards and the Border tribe to start shipping the weapons and the Dora are supposed to follow him everywhere he goes since he was king, especially for a royal mission.

    It's Infinity War/Endgame that I think caused the problem, because those films just used those characters and multiplied them by 100 to get an army going. We've seen in concept art that they were visualising what the Wakandan army, even with heavy armoured soldiers and mecha********** but I think they didn't go through with it because they didn't have the time and resources to start creating new character designs (and maybe they wanted Coogler to actually handle that first). Those may have had massive budgets but they still had to use them effectively and I can assume that the Russos and Feige didn't think it was necessary to make up new designs and instead use the ones from the film already.

    I don't think we've seen their military yet. At least the way it was meant to be realised by Coogler. Even if we have and that's how he sees it, I do hope now that the story has taken Wakandan into being exposed, they start to beef up their national defence.
    I said thsi before but

    There is no reason for mcu Wakanda to have a massive standing army.

    A militia? yes, sure. And they basically have that with various tribes being able to fight at a moments notice.

    But, they don't conquer and they don't get involved in other peoples shit historically. They were also hidden and isolated.

    They are also so technologically advanced compared to their peers that they can simply out tech and weaponize any enemy.

    That shield alone stops 99.999 of all invasion attempts. It took a massive army of disposable basically rabid dogs that showed up with like 2 days notice who didn't care if they died to get through it. Oh, and a purple dude with a magical glove to teleport inside of it.

    There is no earth army that could breach that thing.

    Like Blind said, the "civil war" was a minor political dispute between various tribes/factions (border, doras, then jabari and I think some mining tribe was in there). It wasn't a war, it was a dispute.

    IW was a war that had to be put together in 1 day with no idea what the enemy actually was. EG showed much more what a proper Wakandan army was capable of (we will just assume whoever was ruling built it upa nd could deploy it in a flash lol that actually made no since they would all have a standing army ready like that but whatever).

    There whole military would be built on defense and defense alone.

    NOW... now that they are unisolated, and unhidden and there has now been 3 different alien invasions on earth... might want to start buffing things up a bit. The game has changed, the threats are different.
    Black Panther Appreciation Blog: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.com/

    T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

  3. #2778
    Uncanny Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    30,295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I said thsi before but

    There is no reason for mcu Wakanda to have a massive standing army.

    A militia? yes, sure. And they basically have that with various tribes being able to fight at a moments notice.

    But, they don't conquer and they don't get involved in other peoples shit historically. They were also hidden and isolated.

    They are also so technologically advanced compared to their peers that they can simply out tech and weaponize any enemy.

    That shield alone stops 99.999 of all invasion attempts. It took a massive army of disposable basically rabid dogs that showed up with like 2 days notice who didn't care if they died to get through it. Oh, and a purple dude with a magical glove to teleport inside of it.

    There is no earth army that could breach that thing.

    Like Blind said, the "civil war" was a minor political dispute between various tribes/factions (border, doras, then jabari and I think some mining tribe was in there). It wasn't a war, it was a dispute.

    IW was a war that had to be put together in 1 day with no idea what the enemy actually was. EG showed much more what a proper Wakandan army was capable of (we will just assume whoever was ruling built it upa nd could deploy it in a flash lol that actually made no since they would all have a standing army ready like that but whatever).

    There whole military would be built on defense and defense alone.

    NOW... now that they are unisolated, and unhidden and there has now been 3 different alien invasions on earth... might want to start buffing things up a bit. The game has changed, the threats are different.
    I imagine Wakanda is a bit like Sparta.

    It's standing army isn't massive. But the regular citizens are trained as a part of a warrior nation to the degree that they can be called upon to serve as a part of the military in times of need.

  4. #2779
    Astonishing Member Cville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    4,650

    Default

    These lockdowns are cause Hudlin to get much praise lately. I think this is the third article about one of his arc in the last couple months. The writer is wrong about his last sentence though. lol.

    https://blacknerdproblems.com/bnp-at...-species-2009/

  5. #2780
    Uncanny Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    30,295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    These lockdowns are cause Hudlin to get much praise lately. I think this is the third article about one of his arc in the last couple months. The writer is wrong about his last sentence though. lol.

    https://blacknerdproblems.com/bnp-at...-species-2009/
    Deadliest of the Species is perhaps the most underrated BP story arc. It really had everything.

  6. #2781
    Mighty Member Redjack's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Lost Angles
    Posts
    1,796

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I said thsi before but

    There is no reason for mcu Wakanda to have a massive standing army.
    Correct.

    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    A militia? yes, sure. And they basically have that with various tribes being able to fight at a moments notice.

    But, they don't conquer and they don't get involved in other peoples shit historically. They were also hidden and isolated.

    They are also so technologically advanced compared to their peers that they can simply out tech and weaponize any enemy.

    That shield alone stops 99.999 of all invasion attempts. It took a massive army of disposable basically rabid dogs that showed up with like 2 days notice who didn't care if they died to get through it. Oh, and a purple dude with a magical glove to teleport inside of it.

    There is no earth army that could breach that thing.

    Like Blind said, the "civil war" was a minor political dispute between various tribes/factions (border, doras, then jabari and I think some mining tribe was in there). It wasn't a war, it was a dispute.

    IW was a war that had to be put together in 1 day with no idea what the enemy actually was. EG showed much more what a proper Wakandan army was capable of (we will just assume whoever was ruling built it upa nd could deploy it in a flash lol that actually made no since they would all have a standing army ready like that but whatever).

    There whole military would be built on defense and defense alone.

    NOW... now that they are unisolated, and unhidden and there has now been 3 different alien invasions on earth... might want to start buffing things up a bit. The game has changed, the threats are different.
    All of this is exactly correct.

  7. #2782
    Extraordinary Member Ezyo1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    8,479

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I said thsi before but

    There is no reason for mcu Wakanda to have a massive standing army.

    A militia? yes, sure. And they basically have that with various tribes being able to fight at a moments notice.

    But, they don't conquer and they don't get involved in other peoples shit historically. They were also hidden and isolated.

    They are also so technologically advanced compared to their peers that they can simply out tech and weaponize any enemy.

    That shield alone stops 99.999 of all invasion attempts. It took a massive army of disposable basically rabid dogs that showed up with like 2 days notice who didn't care if they died to get through it. Oh, and a purple dude with a magical glove to teleport inside of it.

    There is no earth army that could breach that thing.

    Like Blind said, the "civil war" was a minor political dispute between various tribes/factions (border, doras, then jabari and I think some mining tribe was in there). It wasn't a war, it was a dispute.

    IW was a war that had to be put together in 1 day with no idea what the enemy actually was. EG showed much more what a proper Wakandan army was capable of (we will just assume whoever was ruling built it upa nd could deploy it in a flash lol that actually made no since they would all have a standing army ready like that but whatever).

    There whole military would be built on defense and defense alone.

    NOW... now that they are unisolated, and unhidden and there has now been 3 different alien invasions on earth... might want to start buffing things up a bit. The game has changed, the threats are different.
    Yeah I agree. I would actually see them having alot more defensive arsenal. Which of course is because the solo wouldn't show it because the struggle was internal, and IW wouldn't show it because the movie wasn't focused around Wakanda. What I would expect Wakanda to have, straight form the comics, would be fine exploding tech, and Doomsday prowler's for sure. Anti air, and anti tank defense as well. Basically attacking Wakanda would end with your army being annihilated while essentially staring stupidly at the barrier they can't get through without commiting literal suicide

  8. #2783
    Incredible Member KingNomarch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I said thsi before but

    There is no reason for mcu Wakanda to have a massive standing army.

    A militia? yes, sure. And they basically have that with various tribes being able to fight at a moments notice.

    But, they don't conquer and they don't get involved in other peoples shit historically. They were also hidden and isolated.

    They are also so technologically advanced compared to their peers that they can simply out tech and weaponize any enemy.

    That shield alone stops 99.999 of all invasion attempts. It took a massive army of disposable basically rabid dogs that showed up with like 2 days notice who didn't care if they died to get through it. Oh, and a purple dude with a magical glove to teleport inside of it.

    There is no earth army that could breach that thing.

    Like Blind said, the "civil war" was a minor political dispute between various tribes/factions (border, doras, then jabari and I think some mining tribe was in there). It wasn't a war, it was a dispute.

    IW was a war that had to be put together in 1 day with no idea what the enemy actually was. EG showed much more what a proper Wakandan army was capable of (we will just assume whoever was ruling built it upa nd could deploy it in a flash lol that actually made no since they would all have a standing army ready like that but whatever).

    There whole military would be built on defense and defense alone.

    NOW... now that they are unisolated, and unhidden and there has now been 3 different alien invasions on earth... might want to start buffing things up a bit. The game has changed, the threats are different.
    After Killmonger and multiple alien invasions, I hope to see an upgrade with Wakandan weapons/military and T'Challa starting to be more like Priest's BP with contingencies.

  9. #2784
    Uncanny Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    30,295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    After Killmonger and multiple alien invasions, I hope to see an upgrade with Wakandan weapons/military and T'Challa starting to be more like Priest's BP with contingencies.
    The problem is their defenses are already so good, it would be nearly impossilbe to upgrade them. They withstood an invasion from freaking Thanos... I'm not sure anything short of Galactus showing up at their doorstep would really be a problem.

  10. #2785
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    8,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    The problem is their defenses are already so good, it would be nearly impossilbe to upgrade them. They withstood an invasion from freaking Thanos... I'm not sure anything short of Galactus showing up at their doorstep would really be a problem.
    Just because something works, doesn't mean it can't be improved. (Yes, I got that from Shuri in the movie.)
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  11. #2786
    Mighty Member dkrook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    1,413

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    After Killmonger and multiple alien invasions, I hope to see an upgrade with Wakandan weapons/military and T'Challa starting to be more like Priest's BP with contingencies.
    Yes, in essence we are still talking about a warrior nation that has the resources and ability to create armor and weapons that really help the individual troops within the different aspects of the Wakandian military. I would like to see troops that have things that range from their version of Iron man armor to a variation of what T'challa wears. Have the shield is cool, but it would seem very shortsighted to have all your eggs in one giant basket. You have the chance to upgrade the abilities of warriors entrusted to protect the nation why wouldn't you? Make sense on a basic level, let alone strategically.

  12. #2787
    Uncanny Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    30,295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Yes, in essence we are still talking about a warrior nation that has the resources and ability to create armor and weapons that really help the individual troops within the different aspects of the Wakandian military. I would like to see troops that have things that range from their version of Iron man armor to a variation of what T'challa wears. Have the shield is cool, but it would seem very shortsighted to have all your eggs in one giant basket. You have the chance to upgrade the abilities of warriors entrusted to protect the nation why wouldn't you? Make sense on a basic level, let alone strategically.
    I think giving Iron Man or Black Panther gear to red shirts only has the potential to water it down (especially since the red shirts are likely to lose to the actual villains). I'd only give that sort of gear to REAL characters like Kasper or White Wolf or the Midnight Angels. The regular red shirts can certainly have improved gear, but it shouldn't overlap with signature stuff of a main character. You don't want to step on T'CHalla toes in order to make Wakandan soldier #32 look more bad @$$.

    I hope whatever gear they have is able to retain a sense of character and history. It should look distinct to the point where the gear and costumes aren't interchangable from something SHIELD or whatever might wear or use.
    Last edited by XPac; 04-10-2020 at 06:46 AM.

  13. #2788
    Ultimate Member MindofShadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    16,976

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Yes, in essence we are still talking about a warrior nation that has the resources and ability to create armor and weapons that really help the individual troops within the different aspects of the Wakandian military. I would like to see troops that have things that range from their version of Iron man armor to a variation of what T'challa wears. Have the shield is cool, but it would seem very shortsighted to have all your eggs in one giant basket. You have the chance to upgrade the abilities of warriors entrusted to protect the nation why wouldn't you? Make sense on a basic level, let alone strategically.
    At the same time though... it is a shared universe comic book movie.

    Which means a few general rules:

    - Can't step on other heroes toes. Which is why the Avengers weren't decked out in Iron Man Armors despite Tony having 100 of them. Wakandan's will simply not be decked out in skin suit vibranium outfits because that is T'challa's thing.

    - Running towards the enemy and having H2H fights is entertaining. Using Tony again, his suits have long range capability with tons of weapons... and all three of his boss fights ended in hand to hand close quarters fisticuffs.

    - No matter what, no matter how good the contingency is, no matter how good the tech is... it will be bypassed, it will be broken, because that is what the plot demands. T'challa sitting back getting a massage while bad guys blow up against the shield isn't gonna make a billion dollars lol. There is going to be some sort of plot induced stupidity to make whatever is safe unsafe so the hero has to solve the problem.
    Black Panther Appreciation Blog: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.com/

    T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

  14. #2789
    Ultimate Member MindofShadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    16,976

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    After Killmonger and multiple alien invasions, I hope to see an upgrade with Wakandan weapons/military and T'Challa starting to be more like Priest's BP with contingencies.
    Definitely need some sort of Space Force now lol
    Black Panther Appreciation Blog: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.com/

    T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

  15. #2790
    Mighty Member dkrook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    1,413

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think giving Iron Man or Black Panther gear to red shirts only has the potential to water it down (especially since the red shirts are likely to lose to the actual villains). I'd only give that sort of gear to REAL characters like Kasper or White Wolf or the Midnight Angels. The regular red shirts can certainly have improved gear, but it shouldn't overlap with signature stuff of a main character. You don't want to step on T'CHalla toes in order to make Wakandan soldier #32 look more bad @$$.

    I hope whatever gear they have is able to retain a sense of character and history. It should look distinct to the point where the gear and costumes aren't interchangable from something SHIELD or whatever might wear or use.
    Understand your point completely. I feel that there would a natural evolution just based events that have occurred up to this point within their borders. Far as the question of the separation of T'challa suit and what a foot soldier/troops wear, I would say that T'challa is special in spite of his suit not because of it. For purposes of execution you could always just put troops in slight scaled down version.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •