Page 131 of 750 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134135141181231631 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,965 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Full-Length Episodes of ‘Marvel’s Avengers: Black Panther’s Quest’ Arrive on Marvel HQ YouTube

https://www.marvel.com/articles/tv-s...inkId=83426887
    Will they not get taken down this time?

Although they're already on Disney+.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Will they not get taken down this time?

Although they're already on Disney+.

"This month, five full-length episodes of Marvel’s Avengers: Black Panther’s Quest will be showcased on Marvel HQ YouTube. Fan-favorite episodes “Mask of the Panther” and “The Good Son” will be available March 1 through March 8 along with episodes “The Lost Temple,” “Descent of the Shadow,” and “The Last Avenger” starting March 9 through March 15. "
    The J-man

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Oh yeah it's so amazing that people are spreading blatant misinformation and lies about Coates contribution and influence to the MCU as well as taking credit for things that preceded him..
    I dont think most see coates contribution to BP as some here do.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Whomever the next Black Panther writer is he had better get updated on the inner office politics at Marvel editorial...

He (or she) needs to know beforehand who the Haters and the Blockers are and exactly who is in their corner going forward!

Navigating Disney requires an Indiana Jones type of perspective and one needs to check for booby traps as well as those pesky natives that seek your soul!
    Get Hectic!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Yet BP #21 is being praised for showcasing black women.

But not showcasing the man whose name is on the title.

https://www.newsarama.com/49242-coat...e-c2e2-20.html

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    Lol, love it! All I know is that he who should never be named has finally been removed. We can rejoice at justice delayed. Seriously though I think it's very clear that most people who liked, or take exception to his run usually lean into all the hyper-feminist agenda writing interwoven throughout the run, not really caring about the destruction done to main character.

How can we appeal or protest a perma-ban, we need Mr. Majestick on deck, he is OG up in here!!

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Looks like they’re tying in Vibranium into looted weapons for Taskmaster in Black Widow movie.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I dont think most see coates contribution to BP as some here do.
    Coates hasn't contributed anything to the mythos. The only things that have stuck from Coates run were stelfreeze's aesthetics and force push. And people still try to credit Coates for it. And also that's my point, people will read these articles spreading lies like Coates is responsible for the BP movie being greenlit and will believe it because they won't do any fact checking.

But it's all good, once he's gone this isht will be a thing of the past and all the asspats will eventually go away and this run will be shelved with DW as the worst thing to happen to BP

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    How can we appeal or protest a perma-ban, we need Mr. Majestick on deck, he is OG up in here!!
    You have to wait a year and then contact admin.

Source: I was once perma banned lol

Looks like they’re tying in Vibranium into looted weapons for Taskmaster in Black Widow movie.
    Makes sense. If Klaue had that much of it, he was obviously selling it somewhere.

Oh yeah it's so amazing that people are spreading blatant misinformation and lies about Coates contribution and influence to the MCU as well as taking credit for things that preceded him..
    Because Coates is safe. He's comfortable.

Which is wild, considering he is famous for his Reparations article and being son of a Black Panther and such.

But, still, he doesn't ruffle feathers. Doesn't offend. So "they" like him and praise him.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    You have to wait a year and then contact admin.

Source: I was once perma banned lol

Makes sense. If Klaue had that much of it, he was obviously selling it somewhere.

Because Coates is safe. He's comfortable.

Which is wild, considering he is famous for his Reparations article and being son of a Black Panther and such.

But, still, he doesn't ruffle feathers. Doesn't offend. So "they" like him and praise him.
    I don't buy the idea that Coates is safe. He's a political writer... which practically means it's your job to ruffle peoples feather for a living. He's probably less safe and comfortable than any other writer in the company.

Mighty Member

I suppose he is a potentially dangerous writer. Just not on BP. Neutering the black male was pretty much his stated agenda.
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

Coates is not a "safe" writer. Nor is he a "dangerous" writer.

He's a "literary" writer, who gets noticed by newspapers, magazines, and academic journals, but could care less if he's popular.

Have you ever looked up the definition of "literary fiction"? This is what Wikipedia has to say on the subject:

• A concern with social commentary, political criticism, or reflection on the human condition.
    • A focus on "introspective, in-depth character studies" of "interesting, complex and developed" characters, whose "inner stories" drive the plot, with detailed motivations to elicit "emotional involvement" in the reader.
    • A slower pace than popular fiction. As Terrence Rafferty notes, "literary fiction, by its nature, allows itself to dawdle, to linger on stray beauties even at the risk of losing its way".
    • A concern with the style and complexity of the writing: Saricks describes literary fiction as "elegantly written, lyrical, and ... layered".
    • Unlike genre fiction plot is not the central concern.
    • The tone of literary fiction can be darker than genre fiction.

Sound familiar?

Quote Originally Posted by MouserGrey View Post
    I suppose he is a potentially dangerous writer. Just not on BP. Neutering the black male was pretty much his stated agenda.
    Dangerous is too strong a work... he's still a comic book writer in this capacity at least.

BUt I think ultimately he like most political writers will try to challenge or at least question the status quo, even if he happens to ruffle a few feathers. And you can certainly argue he did just that.. you can't say his name on this board without generating a poloraziing effect. Which is probably the desired effect quite frankly.

Quote Originally Posted by MouserGrey View Post
    Bingo, I read his first book and that is exactly what he channeled into the discussion. The idea the black have no agency politically or in physicality. So we should just exist in some kind of gloomy castdown state, never to take aggressive action to change, never to resist the culture that seeks to destroy our semblance life. Somehow I held out hope that he would still bring a fully empowered black male character as a means of reflecting all the possibilities of a black man unleashed, and on a mission. Unfortunately we got a double down of the dysfunction that continues to be heaped on black men in these times.