Page 506 of 750 FirstFirst ... 6406456496502503504505506507508509510516556606 ... LastLast
Results 7,576 to 7,590 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    How would Wakanda be potentially worse off? They're technology and societal infrastructure is clearly more advanced and better suited to withstand and endure a crisis that the rest of the world is facing. Wakanda doesn't participate in international trade so there's no reliance or condolence on any other country and considering T'Challa brought Wakanda out of the shadows to the rest of the world prior to the events of IW, whatever global disaster there is, Wakanda would be the least affected by it.
    Speaking theoretically... if the king were to suddenly vanish, there could be all sorts problems as far as rulership goes. Possibly even tribal warefare and civil war. That's far more likely to happen in a monarchy.

Then again, we're speaking theoretically. It's also very possible Wakanda would barely be effected and they're just fine. Depends on what sort of story Coogler wants to tell. I would assume since everyone else is handwaving the consequences of the snap away Wakanda will do the same... but ya never know.
    Last edited by XPac; 09-30-2020 at 06:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I'd love to get a Shuri & the Doras show on Disney+. A film would be cool but a show would be my choice. More time to explore the characters.
    On a purely personal level as a fan, I would prefer pretty much ANY character I like getting a TV show over a movie. What you lack in budget and special effects, you more than make up for in sheer volume of content.

I don't know how many hours of programming the Disney plus shows will offer, but the Net Flixs shows for example gave 13 episodes per season. That's the equivalent of half a dozen movies, and really offers the time and space to really flesh out the characters (villains in particular... Net Flixs villians put most of the MCU villains to shame as far as development goes).

Of course a movie is a bigger deal that offers far more exposure than any tv show... but as a fan at least, I prefer getting more quantity provided the quality is up to par.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Speaking theoretically... if the king were to suddenly vanish, there could be all sorts problems as far as rulership goes. Possibly even tribal warefare and civil war. That's far more likely to happen in a monarchy.

Then again, we're speaking theoretically. It's also very possible Wakanda would barely be effected and they're just fine. Depends on what sort of story Coogler wants to tell. I would assume since everyone else is handwaving the consequences of the snap away Wakanda will do the same... but ya never know.
    N/B: My initial post was meant to say co-dependence not condolence

I hear what you're saying. Theoretically anything could happen depending on the story being told. I just hope Coogler doesn't pull a Coates on us and have Wakanda post EG in a Nation Under Our Feet nonsense situation. In-world Wakanda is facing the same problem EVERYONE in the universe is having; only difference is, at least on Earth, Wakanda are better equipped to deal with such a devastating event. From a social, spiritual, technological and economical circumstance. While things may not be perfect things couldn't have been THAT bad if Okoye seemed to be of a character disposition that wasn't too stressed or overwhelmed during the events of EG. In fact, it seemed Wakanda was managing things as best they could given the circumstances without much incident from within the country.

We'll see what story they go with for the sequel but if T'Challa ain't in it then I'm out. Completely.

Yooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Avengers was pretty cool all around.

i can't remember the last time where, you know, T'challa got to throw hands for like an entire issue like that.

AND we got some god stuff ass pulls!

Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Good to hear. I'll pick it up this weekend.

Now comes the dreaded Phoenix Saga.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Good to hear. I'll pick it up this weekend.

Now comes the dreaded Phoenix Saga.
    I was so conditioned ot see T'challa suck that I kept waiting for the other foot to drop where I would be disappointed

it never happened. It was weird. I was like, "wait... he didn't get chumped?"

I mean ****...

spoilers:
    He punked Khonshu by being able to wield all the magical **** he had because HE WAS THE KING OF MOFO WAKANDA and Khonshu ran like a bitch from him, and then he left Moon Knight on the floor in a bloody pulp because he "didn't have time to kill him" while T'challa looked no worse for wear.
    end of spoilers

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

The BP/MK fight was definately pretty cool in Avengers. Rare to see a fight that long in a comic these days.

I was happy.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I was so conditioned ot see T'challa suck that I kept waiting for the other foot to drop where I would be disappointed

I mean ****...

spoilers:
    He punked Khonshu by being able to wield all the magical **** he had because HE WAS THE KING OF MOFO WAKANDA and Khonshu ran like a bitch from him, and then he left Moon Knight on the floor in a bloody pulp because he "didn't have time to kill him" while T'challa looked no worse for wear.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:

That was the ONE part I didn't buy. T'Challa being able to control Thors hammer to the point where he could override Khonshu while Thor could not. Even if a previous BP had familiarity with the hammer, I can't believe they would have greater control than Thor.

But from what Thor fans say, Aarons tends to job out Thor a bit so this probably isn't surprising. And it's no big deal... just a minor nit pick in an otherwise fun issue.

end of spoilers

I mean ****...

spoilers:
    end of spoilers

Anyone wanting to say Wakanda is worse off than the rest of the world has to take this into account.

Looks perfectly fine to me....

I mean ****...

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Lol! I'm glad someone remembered this! If I was a certain writer and I saw this, I'd make sure that my last two issues had some kinda feats like this.

If not, don't even release them and let someone else takeover with a new solo as soon as possible.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Anyone wanting to say Wakanda is worse off than the rest of the world has to take this into account.

That's honestly the LAST thing I want to see.

Astonishing Member

That BP-MK fight was immaculate. One of my favorite T’Challa showings of the last few years, easily.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post

Yeah, and before anyone says anything, Thanos' snap wiped out people, not buildings.

If anything, people would have been trying to figure out what happened and how to fix it or get through it rather than going all anarchy.

Coates T'challa vs Adversary:

Aaron T'challa vs Elder God Khonshu Wielding multiple all powerful artifacts: