Page 684 of 750 FirstFirst ... 184584634674680681682683684685686687688694734 ... LastLast
Results 10,246 to 10,260 of 11243
    Ultimate Member

Not sure how to feel. This is fiction, after all, and these characters don't die

I'm out. BP comics have been awful for years and now Tchalla is gone from the movies. I consume this media to feel good and this ain't it. But good luck to yall

Quote Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
    I'm out. BP comics have been awful for years and now Tchalla is gone from the movies. I consume this media to feel good and this ain't it. But good luck to yall
    I totally understand where you're coming from.

Ultimate Member

Chadwick died tragically. This is different from the other situations where they’ve recast roles.

So I never expected them to recast the role.

Gotta say I'm not happy seeing so many jump ship over Tchalla. No one could really live up to Bozeman. Im devastated to see the character retire but they clearly aren't doing this out of dusrespect and are sacrificing money and marketability with this decision. I completely understand it even if I won't have made the same choice

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    It's funny how the same people who claim that he was their least favourite character in his solo film are the same ones writing paragraphs that Marvel shouldn't recast him.
    Don't know what you got til it's gone.

I loved him in the solo film and I loved him in the other films. I just have to take it in that we won't be seeing one of my fave on screen again. Its a tough pill to swallow.

But his final scenes and entrance in endgame are great send offs. He gave us all hope. The first to step through the portal and give us hope that the fight didn't end yet.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    It's funny how the same people who claim that he was their least favourite character in his solo film are the same ones writing paragraphs that Marvel shouldn't recast him.
    Well they got their wish.

Now the million dollar question is what version of Wakanda are we getting onscreen? Coates version?

They say T'Challa won't be RECASTED.

So WHO gets to be in that suit???

Keeping in mind he does have a nephew introduced in Ms Marvel. Kwezi Dzana.

With Ms Marvel, Kate Bishop and others in that age range running around-why not him?

Quote Originally Posted by Toonstrack View Post
    Gotta say I'm not happy seeing so many jump ship over Tchalla. No one could really live up to Bozeman. Im devastated to see the character retire but they clearly aren't doing this out of dusrespect and are sacrificing money and marketability with this decision. I completely understand it even if I won't have made the same choice
    I mean people were drawn to T'Challa and his world with him at the center. Same thing would be the case if something happened to Batman. If they decided to make a Batman movie without Batman and focused on Gotham you would get the same reaction. The movie will probably be successful still by MCU standards but it's going to be a far cry from the first and not even dream to touch the level of influence and inspiration. Because of what T'Challa represents

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Imagining not seeing T'Challa interact with Reed and Doom makes me wanna cry.

I can't believe the MCU pushed my BP fandom to new heights and now just destroyed it.

Without T'challa, Wakanda and such mean nothing to me at all.

I think I might delete my blog tomorrow.

Chadwick took T'challa and elevated him to new, unforeseen heights but his decision to hide his illness and his death coming out of nowhere just eliminated the character.

The only black male with any of his own agency is gone just like that. Not a sidekick. Not a thug. Not a legacy.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
    I still have hope that the next person after Coates will do a run more to my liking. Marvel better leave T’Challa alone in the comics though, he better get to keep the role.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I can't believe the MCU pushed my BP fandom to new heights and now just destroyed it.

Without T'challa, Wakanda and such mean nothing to me at all.

I think I might delete my blog tomorrow.

Chadwick took T'challa and elevated him to new, unforeseen heights but his decision to hide his illness and his death coming out of nowhere just eliminated the character.

The only black male with any of his own agency is gone just like that. Not a sidekick. Not a thug. Not a legacy.
    This is exactly how I feel.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I still have hope that the next person after Coates will do a run more to my liking. Marvel better leave T’Challa alone in the comics though, he better get to keep the role.
    Man I wanna have hope, but with Disney synergy and their history I think he will be sidelined

Extraordinary Member

Marvel/Disney's What If will feature Chadwick Boseman's final Marvel performance:

https://www.cbr.com/what-if-trailer-...l-performance/

"What If T'Challa became Star Lord".