Page 62 of 750 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112162562 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post

Yeah, Storm is barely a part of the story…
    If you wwre to post every single panel Storm was in during after the second season and compared it to every panel she wasnt, the panels without her would outnumber the panels with her 100 to 1. She played a big role in the last 2 or 3 issues but was almost completely absent for everything else. Most of this story didn't take place on the same planet Storm happened to be on.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post

Yeah, Storm is barely a part of the story…
    At this point it wouldn't surprise me if Coates replaces Bast with Storm as Wakanda's patron deity by the end of this arc.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Again, I can buy that arguement in the second season. But for the first and third Storm was barely on it. When she was used, she shined. But when you're absent fir like 90% of the story, I don't think its that huge of a problem.
    Storm has been a big part of this third season actually. So much so that she is the inspiration and the key to Victory for the maroons and Wakanda, not T'Challa.. Storm. So miss me with that it's not that huge of a problem

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    I think it weakens the character for him to rely on his tech the way Iron Man does. It works for Stark because that's the POINT of Iron Man. Heroes need to be unique. You have to create them in such a way that T'Challa and Stark would absolutely not solve their problems in anything like the same way.

it's not about the suit and the gadgets. it's about the man.
    Really I feel like Coates is The one who is describing your issue with T'Challa and tech
    He has him relying on it to such a degree that it shows a lack of imagination. Honestly Priest, Hudlin, McDuffie (rip)
    and Narcisse got it right. With priedt setting the standard. He used his tech in orthodox and unorthodox ways which explained how he was able to do so much with little tech. And that's the best version because his mind and his power to make people underestimate him are his true superpowers

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Storm has been a big part of this third season actually. So much so that she is the inspiration and the key to Victory for the maroons and Wakanda, not T'Challa.. Storm. So miss me with that it's not that huge of a problem
    She's been a big part of the last 2-3 issues yes... but take a second and count how many issues she hasn't appeared in at all since the end of the second season. Most of this story takes place far far away from Storm and everyone else on planet earth. She did a lot in the last couple issues.. but that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    She's been a big part of the last 2-3 issues yes... but take a second and count how many issues she hasn't appeared in at all since the end of the second season. Most of this story takes place far far away from Storm and everyone else on planet earth. She did a lot in the last couple issues.. but that's about it.
    She's appeared in this season since issue 13.. and the main villain's have claimed her and manifold are the biggest threats, more so Storm being the the most dangerous and hope for the maroons and the key to Victory. T'Challa wasn't even on their radar.. so again, miss me with that it's not that huge of a problem.

Shadow Physics Beyotches... Bow Down!!!

"Wakandan Technology Is A Match For Anything!"

Black Panther should have contingencies for everybody and they momma...

Shadow Physics... The Nowhere Room... Force Push... Short Range Teleportation...

Mary Sue dat MF all day every day!
    Get Hectic!

Really I feel like Coates is The one who is describing your issue with T'Challa and tech
    He has him relying on it to such a degree that it shows a lack of imagination. Honestly Priest, Hudlin, McDuffie (rip)
    and Narcisse got it right. With priedt setting the standard. He used his tech in orthodox and unorthodox ways which explained how he was able to do so much with little tech. And that's the best version because his mind and his power to make people underestimate him are his true superpowers
    I wouldn't call it an "issue."

I'm just saying how I would approach it.

Minimal tech, maximum humanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    I wouldn't call it an "issue."

I'm just saying how I would approach it.

Minimal tech, maximum humanity.
    It has become an issue imo in this series. Because T'Challa is the greatest warrior on earth imo. So how he utilizes everything is what makes him so dangerous h2h tech super genius speed etc. It's all formed to create the ultimate warrior

She's appeared in this season since issue 13.. and the main villain's have claimed her and manifold are the biggest threats, more so Storm being the the most dangerous and hope for the maroons and the key to Victory. T'Challa wasn't even on their radar.. so again, miss me with that it's not that huge of a problem.
    Storm is one of the most powerful beings on the planet. If she is added to a story, she SHOULD be considered a big threat. If she's not you either have a very stupid villain, or a writer just isn't using her as well as he potentially can. She is that powerful.

That said, her role has been fairly limited in the story. Her defending the rebel ships, while cool, is the first thing she's done in the book in the last couple years. She's literally done nothing else in the book besides that.

It has become an issue imo in this series. Because T'Challa is the greatest warrior on earth imo. So how he utilizes everything is what makes him so dangerous h2h tech super genius speed etc. It's all formed to create the ultimate warrior
    as i said. that's not my take. i don't care about the utility belt unless the hero is called Utility Belt Man.

No one is saying that it should be easy, but what Digi is saying is that this whole trope where every hero is is piece of isht to some degree and no one can thrive to be the best of humanity because people love misery. Hence why slave movies and other depressing isht is so popular with people.

But thing is, in the MCU T'Challa represents the best of all of us, and frankly its fine in a way that resembles what Priest had Ross say about T'Challa
    Well I don't see how that really applies to MoS where Clark is repeatedly shown helping his fellow man and we even see heroic actions from non-superhuman characters like Perry White and the soldiers fighting off the Kryptnians.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Monica's been downgraded back to human(but with her normal powers), Blue would probably reject blowing up ships in mass, I can't remember if America can survive the vacuum of space. Marvel is useful, but she's got a good thing going in her own book.
    Sorry, what exactly do you mean by this? She still has her powers but is human? How does that work?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Sorry, what exactly do you mean by this? She still has her powers but is human? How does that work?
    At some point Ewing made her living energy, so she was essentially immortal. In Ewings' Avenger event last year he turned her back human. But she has her normal powers.

Disney called... They said more tech to sell toys and merchandise from!

Since Black Panther does not fly like Ironman he finds himself in that Autobots versus Decepticons conundrum!

A random California highway...

Optimus Prime: "Starscream was last seen in New York... Autobots ROLL OUT!"

30 minutes later and a couple miles down the road...

Optimus Prime: "Autobots hold up Starscream is now in London... Let's head for the ocean!"

3 hours later and underwater "Rolling Out" against a strong current...

Optimus Prime: "Autobots wait... Starscream is now in Moscow let's head north... No wait Hong Kong... No Brazil... Egypt... We need to split up Megatron is in Japan right now!"

Bumblebee: "Optimus I have a great idea... Let's scan some fighter jets and speed up this wild goose chase!"

Black Panther: "Here, scan my sky bike which hasn't been used in a millennia and a couple of Royal Talon fighters... You're welcome!"

I'm here all week folks...
    Get Hectic!