Page 584 of 750 FirstFirst ... 84484534574580581582583584585586587588594634684 ... LastLast
Results 8,746 to 8,760 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by Mekk80s View Post
    I'm kinda cool with it honestly, a small darkside of my conscious wants Tchalla to murder rap errbody. Catching bodies like a mortician.
    Now y'all know Marvel's not going to do that. Aaron's done a good job with T'Challa so far but if this involves the X-men and some larger event I have no faith.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    A lot of characters are I think. There's going to be a tournament to determine the new host.
    bringing T'Challa this close to X-property stuff is bad juju

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    I wouldn't put too much weight on the cover. Even money that a different "Phoenixized" Avenger is on the next cover.

That being said, the solicits do say that one of the Avengers isn't going to survive, and of the list on the last cover, only T'Challa, She-Hulk, and Namor don't have books....

(And She-Hulk has a TV show coming out...)
    Namor's not in the Avengers currently. Y'all are not seeing what I'm seeing. This is a bad omen

Quote Originally Posted by XJlock View Post
    I would not be surprised if Namor and T'Challa would be the remaining finalists of this tournament since Aaron has been reigniting the tension between them.
    Honestly, he just made Namor a villain. I thought he was going to expalin things more in depth with Namor's character changer but he didn't or hasn't yet. There is only one acceptable outcome for a story like this but I don't see it happening.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    This is inexcusable at this point. If they were waiting to release it all in trade, they could have done the trade by now. I don't see any excuse for not just finishing the stupid story or announcing that it's cancelled and won't be published. I just don't get it.
    You know marvel frak up when Mike getting frustrated

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Now y'all know Marvel's not going to do that. Aaron's done a good job with T'Challa so far but if this involves the X-men and some larger event I have no faith.

bringing T'Challa this close to X-property stuff is bad juju

Namor's not in the Avengers currently. Y'all are not seeing what I'm seeing. This is a bad omen

Honestly, he just made Namor a villain. I thought he was going to expalin things more in depth with Namor's character changer but he didn't or hasn't yet. There is only one acceptable outcome for a story like this but I don't see it happening.
    Yeah, I don't like him being around x office like this, we already saw him look like an idiot with Storm in some side book, I don't want to see something catastrophic happen with the phoenix AGAIN.

I want to believe in JA that he would do right by T'Challa but x stuff is so petty and stupid when it comes to T'Challa that I worry

This is inexcusable at this point. If they were waiting to release it all in trade, they could have done the trade by now. I don't see any excuse for not just finishing the stupid story or announcing that it's cancelled and won't be published. I just don't get it.
    Like I said earlier, i think it's tied to sales. marvel has released a bunch of other titles from new to events. I think they looked at the sales and decided to wait until next year and give some kind of promotion to go along with it(Black History Month).

It's not like the issues aren't completed by now. Another scenario could be that they announced the death of an Avenger during the latest Phoenix debacle. It could be T'Challa. Maybe they're holding off the last 2 issues to coincide with whatever 's happening in Avengers and Coates is maybe tweaking his story. It's just a guess at this point.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Like I said earlier, i think it's tied to sales. marvel has released a bunch of other titles from new to events. I think they looked at the sales and decided to wait until next year and give some kind of promotion to go along with it(Black History Month).

It's not like the issues aren't completed by now. Another scenario could be that they announced the death of an Avenger during the latest Phoenix debacle. It could be T'Challa. Maybe they're holding off the last 2 issues to coincide with whatever 's happening in Avengers and Coates is maybe tweaking his story. It's just a guess at this point.
    Is Marvel really that stupid to kill off their biggest black character only a few months after his actor in a separate universe died? Do they think that’ll be something they get lauded for right now? I guess if it results in Shuri taking the mantle...

I still think they’re delivering heavy rewrites and someone’s dragging their feet. They might also be trying to do some promotion but we’ll see.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Is Marvel really that stupid to kill off their biggest black character only a few months after his actor in a separate universe died? Do they think that’ll be something they get lauded for right now? I guess if it results in Shuri taking the mantle...

I still think they’re delivering heavy rewrites and someone’s dragging their feet. They might also be trying to do some promotion but we’ll see.
    I wish I knew, I'm just tossing out things. I truly believe that sales is the biggest issue for the delay. A low sales BP book would have got lost in the mix with everything going on. They probably want to give Coates a chance to go out on a high note, whatever that might be.

Astonishing Member

I wish I knew, I'm just tossing out things. I truly believe that sales is the biggest issue for the delay. A low sales BP book would have got lost in the mix with everything going on. They probably want to give Coates a chance to go out on a high note, whatever that might be.
    Were sales really that bad though? So bad they couldn’t just stomach the hit? I mean Marvel’s still releasing stuff like Strange Academy and Strikeforce didn’t do too hot either from my understanding. Was BP performing so much worse than those titles they couldn’t just release the last 3 issues and announce a relaunch with a totally different direction? One that was commercially viable and actually listened to what fans wanted.

We have no way of knowing just how much money they lost with this garbage Coates run but I have a hard time believing it was so bad they got the entire character on pause when damn near everything else is chugging along. It doesn’t make sense and it’s starting to look like this is more than just a money issue.

Were sales really that bad though? So bad they couldn’t just stomach the hit? I mean Marvel’s still releasing stuff like Strange Academy and Strikeforce didn’t do too hot either from my understanding. Was BP performing so much worse than those titles they couldn’t just release the last 3 issues and announce a relaunch with a totally different direction? One that was commercially viable and actually listened to what fans wanted.

We have no way of knowing just how much money they lost with this garbage Coates run but I have a hard time believing it was so bad they got the entire character on pause when damn near everything else is chugging along. It doesn’t make sense and it’s starting to look like this is more than just a money issue.
    Yeah but Strange Academy and Strikeforce didn't have years of mediocrity behind them like Coates' BP. Here is the premier Black hero in comics written by a "socially relevant" writer who happens to be Black and sales are in the gutter.

That is not a good look.

I mean, marvel has proven they can be pretty dense sometimes and only look at short term gains and "Shock" value. However, my biggest issue is the fact that Carol got relaunch after relaunch when her books were constantly failing until they actually gave her a comic writer who gave a damn about the character, yet for T'Challa, they doubled down on Coates despite him not proving he is worth the trouble, in fact quite the opposite.

It's not like the issues aren't completed by now. Another scenario could be that they announced the death of an Avenger during the latest Phoenix debacle. It could be T'Challa.

Correction...

Dr. Neil Degrasse Tyson is already on the case for bringing back the heart shaped herb and discovering the origin of the vibranium meteor so Princess Shuri can sit this one out!

The Phoenix Force: "DUDE... Chill!"

Zuri: "The powers of the Phoenix Force will now be stripped away."

Dr. Tyson: "Naw, I got this!"

King T'challa: "Turn the waterfall off... Dr Tyson put the vibranium pipe down you have smoked enough already."

Princess Shuri: "I told you this was a bad idea."

Dr. Tyson: "Wu-Kandy-For-Evaaaaaah... Puff... Puff... Is this the ancestral plane I see a whole lot of purple haze and dead people."

Heart Shaped Herb Beyotches... Deal with it!
    Get Hectic!

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    Lol, I'm 90% sure that I'm wrong(I hope).

Mighty Member

Seed banks. Oak trees. Although the Romans destroyed as many of the holy oak groves as they could to decimate the Celtics culture, they didn't get them all. And in the world today there are several seed banks around the world, vaulted, in case of one disaster or another. Is Marvel trying to tell us the Wakandans didn't wonder "what if". Or trying to tell us that there are no wild groves or wild versions of this most holy, sacred, important plant somewhere else in Wakanda?! I can see the logistics of not having some to hand for a frenetic and stressful plot for a movie. But I never bought the idea that recultivation or a sojourn to some hard to reach portion of Wakanda would not soon replace something so central to their culture.
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    You know marvel frak up when Mike getting frustrated
    I know most people here haven't really been reading the book anyway, but I can't imagine starting with a new author until they finish this run so it seems like it would be frustrating for anyone who wants to see new Black Panther issues.

[COLOR="#000080"]Like I said earlier, i think it's tied to sales. marvel has released a bunch of other titles from new to events. I think they looked at the sales and decided to wait until next year and give some kind of promotion to go along with it(Black History Month).
    But the February solicits just came out so they aren't doing Black History Month as a tie-in. Unless they're planning to wait until 2023 or whatever for the next Black Panther movie, I don't know what they could be waiting for.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

But the February solicits just came out so they aren't doing Black History Month as a tie-in. Unless they're planning to wait until 2023 or whatever for the next Black Panther movie, I don't know what they could be waiting for.
    January just came out, actually.