Page 191 of 750 FirstFirst ... 91141181187188189190191192193194195201241291691 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,865 of 11243
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    except that's false and isn't how movie success works.

DC's lackluster super-hero fare has no influence one way on the other on the MCU. Zero.

people just want to see good movies. Currently, one company knows how to make them in this genre. on a regular basis. The other is, at best, hit or miss. this is because of their completely different philosophies on how to make the product, not because of one helping or tearing down the other. The public will get bored of super-heroes when MOST of the movies start to suck. So far, Marvel is holding it down for everyone. If Warner's stopped making super-hero movies altogether, nothing would happen to the public or the MCU.

MOST people who see these films don't care at all about the source material. like 90% they just want good movies.
    Except there's nothing wrong with what I said. I said, it's in the best interest for all involved. I'm not talking about adhering 100% to the source material. A good, well written, acted and directed movie is priority. That much is obvious but when that's compromised for the large portion of movies there becomes an adverse effect. Look at what happened in the mid 90s. DC killed the genre with their poor output and studios didn't want anything to do with comic book properties. Hell, the Blade films weren't wasn't even marketed as comic book movies until ironically the last one came along and although Xmen and spider-man came out in the early 2000s it wasn't until the mid 2000s that studios felt more comfortable to really try and pursue creating output in the genre and the rest is history.
    Marvel are clearly doing well irrespective of what DC is doing but that doesn't change the principle fact that, yes, people do want to see good movies but it's better for the genre if everyone is doing well which I'm sure you can understand why.
    Last edited by Chesterfield; 04-13-2020 at 09:37 PM.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    T'Challa having pet panthers lounging around is my favourite thing.

He really should give them names.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    T'Challa having pet panthers lounging around is my favourite thing.

I’m surprised one of them isn’t a part of the pet avengers.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post
    Redjack of Spades...

Because every good writer needs a theme song...

Burbank.

Conference call between Warner and Disney.

What really goes on behind the scenes.

Mickey "Money" Mouse: "Yeah, we're still on lockdown over here... BTW congrats on your Joker movie."

Bugs "Big Dollars" Bunny: "Thanks doc, we trying over here to keep up with the Joneses and Thanoses."

Mickey "Money" Mouse: "Feel free to borrow some of our actors if you like."

Bugs "Big Dollars" Bunny: "Ha ha, so what's up doc with the New Warriors over there... I'm hearing things on the low."

Mickey "Money" Mouse: "You know how it is we trying this diversity angle and seeing what sticks. Safespace and Snowflake were up in my office complaining about not getting the Wakanda Forever treatment."

(chomps loudly on a carrot)

Bugs "Big Dollars" Bunny: "Pssst I hear ya gotta maintain them quotas one way or another... Speaking of Wakanda isn't it way past time whatshisface manufactured a cure by now."

Mickey "Money" Mouse: "Diss N!&&@ was in the office right after the New Warriors left talking bout' how he lost his swagger because the current writer is not depicting him up to par can you believe that... I told him we are rebooting in June with a brand new writer."

Bugs "Big Dollars" Bunny: "You know me I don't want to tell you how to run yo business BUT... Black Panther is a potential cash cow and you are sleeping on his potential as a franchise trying to appease a base that doesn't exercise it's purchasing power."

Mickey "Money" Mouse: "You aint said nuthin' but a word I have to deal with the inner politics and all that blazay blazay B.S. day in and day out."

Bugs "Big Dollars" Bunny: "We should do a Black Panther and Vxen crossover and get those jet black dollars rolling."

Mickey "Money" Mouse: "Who do you have in mind for a creative team?"

Bugs "Big Dollars" Bunny: "I don't want to sound like a spy or anything but that writer you had on the cartoon comes to mind."

Mickey "Money" Mouse: "Oh I know who you are talking about that dude tried to push up on Minnie behind my back thinking she ran things around here."

Bugs "Big Dollars" Bunny: "There you go letting the women come between you and the money... Doc, remember why we came to Hollywood and that's to make money PERIOD."

(chomps carrot again)

Mickey "Money" Mouse: "You right... get the paper work ready my people will talk to your people and your people will talk to my people and let's go get this paper."

Bugs "Big Dollars" Bunny: "For legal purposes is Redjack his real name?"

Mickey "Money" Mouse: "Naw, that's like his Hip Hop name or something you know how them people be on social media and whatnot with all types of aliases!"
    Ah man, I'm telling you, someone should take all of these and out them into a comic strip

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

hi boos!!

I finally finished uncanny and I'm interested in some new reading. anyone who cares to do so can you recommend some of the older BP books before hudlin that would be a good place to start? I'm thinking I want to start with priest just because I know storm eventually shows up but open to suggestions.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    Except there's nothing wrong with what I said. I said, it's in the best interest for all involved. I'm not talking about adhering 100% to the source material. A good, well written, acted and directed movie is priority. That much is obvious but when that's compromised for the large portion of movies there becomes an adverse effect. Look at what happened in the mid 90s. DC killed the genre with their poor output and studios didn't want anything to do with comic book properties. Hell, the Blade films weren't wasn't even marketed as comic book movies until ironically the last one came along and although Xmen and spider-man came out in the early 2000s it wasn't until the mid 2000s that studios felt more comfortable to really try and pursue creating output in the genre and the rest is history.
    Marvel are clearly doing well irrespective of what DC is doing but that doesn't change the principle fact that, yes, people do want to see good movies but it's better for the genre if everyone is doing well which I'm sure you can understand why.
    There hasn''t been a decade since the 1930s where "Hollywood" wasn't making superhero movies. not one.

the genre will "die" when the movies start to suck, over and over again. just like westerns, musicals and period pieces with casts of thousands.

all those movies still get made and never really stopped being made but each was the dominant box office draw until the theaters were flooded with EVERYBODY trying to drill that same oil at once.

DC making good super-hero movies has zero bearing on the life or death of super-hero movies provide MARVEL continues to draw in the crowds. and the same would be true if the positions were reversed.

these companies are in competition with each other. they do not shake hands and try to make each other better because that's not how commerce works.

Hey Redjack...

You forgot Vampire and War movies plus the occasional Blaxploitation Magic Negro Spiritual Ensembles!

You're Welcome!!!
    Get Hectic!

Is T'challa going to be a playabe character in that Avengers video game or not? i will not buy an Avengers game he isn't in out of principle

And how was he in the newest Ultimate alliance?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Mighty Member

Its good to be King:

Attached Images Attached Images

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Is T'challa going to be a playabe character in that Avengers video game or not? i will not buy an Avengers game he isn't in out of principle

And how was he in the newest Ultimate alliance?
    He was spotted in some of the gameplay during E3 and a few images got leaked so I hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    Its good to be King:

This is actually pretty dope. I like the glowing eyes.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post

I bet the males name is King and females is Roxy lol
    Redjack of Spades...

Because every good writer needs a theme song...
    What's the fanbase they're talking about??

Niiiice tho lol
    GrindrStone(D)

Hey Redjack...

You forgot Vampire and War movies plus the occasional Blaxploitation Magic Negro Spiritual Ensembles!

You're Welcome!!!
    And horror, and romcoms

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    hi boos!!

I finally finished uncanny and I'm interested in some new reading. anyone who cares to do so can you recommend some of the older BP books before hudlin that would be a good place to start? I'm thinking I want to start with priest just because I know storm eventually shows up but open to suggestions.

These are from Priest run:

Black Panther Vol. 3 #26-29 "Sturm und Drang" (this is the story Storm shows up in, it's my favorite Black panther story)

Black Panther Vol. 3 #41-45 "Enemy of the State II" (this story can be confusing if you just jump in,but it's my 2nd favorite Black panther story)

These are not from Priest, but are before Hudlin:

Avengers,vol 3, #19-22 (this story is fun)

Fantastic Four #52-53

Tales of Suspense #97-99,Captain American #100