Page 598 of 750 FirstFirst ... 98498548588594595596597598599600601602608648698 ... LastLast
Results 8,956 to 8,970 of 11243
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    It doesn't have to be the primary focus. It can be done in a organic manner. Have him putting in work and the LI comes along or he runs into a new LI while on a mission, there is an obvious attraction and sexual tension in the air in between bouts of ass kicking, globe trotting adventure, at the end of the story they get together and continue their adventure. Make it similar to Hudlins arc but less focused on finding a bride and. More about him finding this person as he is completing missions. And they MUST be wholly capable of taking care of themselves without constant saving. He doesn't need liabilities
    The only way I'd accept a love interest who can't fight (like Monica) is if she gets powers shortly after her introduction and gets to work becoming the warrior queen T'Challa needs. That's a unique arc to put a character on and prevents them from being a damsel in distress, kinda like Pepper Potts AKA Rescue. Other than that I agree with everything you said, in between all the heroic stuff build the romance and then finally make it official and have them continue as a unit.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I agree that T’Challa has bigger priorities than a new love interest, but it doesn’t have to be an either or situation. He can have some romantic tension on the side while taking care of whatever the new big threat is (hopefully Achebe or someone new). Doesn’t need to be a full blown thing, just a palate cleanser from all the X-toxicity. Marketing a character is important so it always helps to have an attractive female love interest beside the hero. But great stories and T’Challa being competent come first, as always.
    Go ahead and give TChalla a PAWG (okay maybe not it depends on who and why). And on another note, someone earlier was talking about the fact that Wakanda doesn’t have any real mutant types. They should dig into that, and maybe give TChalla a mutant bodyguard and play around with that idea. He starts out as someone they can’t trust and then they embrace the mutant for what he is and find a use for his talents.
    Last edited by Vanguard; 10-30-2020 at 11:21 AM.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

The only way I'd accept a love interest who can't fight (like Monica) is if she gets powers shortly after her introduction and gets to work becoming the warrior queen T'Challa needs. That's a unique arc to put a character on and prevents them from being a damsel in distress, kinda like Pepper Potts AKA Rescue. Other than that I agree with everything you said, in between all the heroic stuff build the romance and then finally make it official and have them continue as a unit.
    Or, we can stop thinking about superpowers and start thinking about political power. T'Challa doesn't need a love interest with superpowers in my opinion. I don't think he even needs one that can be a warrior or fighter. I understand the appeal (and with all things remaining the same, Nakia works fine in the MCU). But T'Challa needs a queen. A real queen. Think Daenerys Targaryen before she was ruined by the last season of Game of Thrones. Think about how badass she was without ever having to lift a finger. Look at the political power she possessed.

That's what T'Challa needs.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    Go ahead and give TChalla a PAWG (okay maybe not it depends on who and why). And on another note, someone earlier was talking about the fact that Wakanda doesn’t have any real mutant types. They should dig into that, and maybe give TChalla a mutant bodyguard and play around with that idea. He starts out as someone they can’t trust and then they embrace the mutant for what he is and find a use for his talents.
    In the words of T'Challa, absolutely not lol. No way should comic's premier black hero be in a romantic relationship with a non-black woman. Leave that to Black Lightning, Luke Cage, Miles Morales, Brother Voodoo, and any number of black men in the medium. It's not necessary for T'Challa.

But Wakanda does have mutant types with vibranium mutates, who I always say are the most underused aspect of the mythos. Look at what Immortal Hulk is doing with gamma mutates and damn near all that can be applied to vibranium mutates with a Black Panther makeover. Tie it to their gods, their own region of the Djalia, the Wakandan military, the kingdom's geography, etc. The only mutant I want in the BP mythos is Muti, vibranium mutates are the kind of unique concept that creates a bunch of rogues, locations, and lore only the BP mythos can exploit. I want new ideas in the next solo, not imports from other franchises.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Or, we can stop thinking about superpowers and start thinking about political power. T'Challa doesn't need a love interest with superpowers in my opinion. I don't think he even needs one that can be a warrior or fighter. I understand the appeal (and with all things remaining the same, Nakia works fine in the MCU). But T'Challa needs a queen. A real queen. Think Daenerys Targaryen before she was ruined by the last season of Game of Thrones. Think about how badass she was without ever having to lift a finger. Look at the political power she possessed.

That's what T'Challa needs.
    I referenced Rescue because she fits that Daenerys mold, she's just not as badass lol. Pepper's primarily a non-combatant, a business/administrative type, but she's not a damsel and can enter a fight without being a burden on Tony. That's the type of woman that I think T'Challa should be with, someone who's mostly in the political/diplomatic realm but at the drop of a hat can defend herself. That's basically the direction Nakia's going in with the MCU, where she's now in charge of Wakandan social outreach and presumably transitioning out of being a full-time spy.

I don't think it makes sense for a king of a warrior nation to marry someone who has no intention of being competent in self-defense. So while I agree that T'Challa doesn't need a woman who accompanies him on missions, she should have low-level powers and Dora Milaje training. It limits the potential for writers to make her a damsel and allows for them to occasionally enter the fray themselves to help out T'Challa.

I don't care how they do it, just get this man a LI.

What other solo hero out there doesn't either have one or have a potential LI?

They even finally let that psychopath Batman have a relationship.

Leaked image of T'Challa in the Avengers game from Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post

Looks like Liss + Thrice Blessed.

This has got to be the ugliest Black Panther suit I’ve ever had the misfortune of seeing.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

That's Black Panther? He looks like something out of Mad Max or The Road Warrior.

Fantastic Member LastManStanding's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Let me know when Bishop, Synch or Prodigy get in on that mutant swinging action.
    Bishop was with Jean Grey in the Age of X Man event last year.

I like it. Has a cool tactical feel to it.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I like it. Has a cool tactical feel to it.
    Yeah, while I prefer the sleeker look he sports in the comics and from his solo film onward in the MCU, this isn't so bad, either. Maybe once we get an official image, it'll look better.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by LastManStanding View Post
    Bishop was with Jean Grey in the Age of X Man event last year.
    This reality, no alt universe/alt reality.

that could work to, you could make an character development arc out of it and that can be acceptable.

But basically yeah the new li could be developed like how Coates S3 romance with Nu-Nakia starred till he wasted it on some bullshit. But more missions, more interactions thst shows that she can hold her own, isn't a liability to T'Challa and someone he can rely on. Like Okoye but actually can be a LI (isht I actually wouldn't mind if she became a li since she isn't Priest version but MCU and is obviously older)

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Prodigy is dating Speed, from the Young Avengers.