Page 50 of 750 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100150550 ... LastLast

I think part of the problem is that one of Coates' writing issues (and there are SO many) is a lack of a sense of scope. Just like the Wakandan forces are a bunch of guys with guns, and "The People" were like a dozen guys with spears... when the story requires something epic or grand, his pedestrian approach undercuts the plot.

I mean, look at the "armada" last issue. Five "Zulu flights" which is between 15-30 fighters, and 3 flagships. Hardly an armada.
    Last edited by DigiCom; 01-29-2020 at 06:33 AM.

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    I think part of the problem is that one of Coates' writing issues (and there are SO many) is a lack of a sense of scope. Just like the Wakandan forces are a bunch of guys with guns, and "The People" were like a dozen guys with spears... when the story requires something epic or grand, his pedestrian approach undercuts the plot.

I mean, look at the "armada" last issue. Five "Zulu flights" which is between 15-30 vehicles, and 3 flagships. Hardly an armada.
    I am disappointed with Marvel for allowing Coates to handle Panther like this. I was a HUGE Spider-Man fan & I enjoyed Daredevil back in the day. I stopped reading Spider-Man due to "One More Day" and I didn't think Matt Murdock was portrayed well after the "With out fear" story line, so I stopped collecting comics all together.

Black Panther's portrayal in CA: Civil War sparked an interest to learn more about the character and I started collecting his previous comic runs, starting with Hudlin.

I say all of this because I'm disappointed to finally get into BP and the main writer decides to Nerf the character.

On the bright side, I will keep collecting Avengers while BP is on the team and I will enjoy AoW as log as the series goes for. I am sure Feige has plans fr BP due to his incredible movie star power & performance. I just hope Fiege tries to stuff to many things into BP 2 like he did with Joss Whedon in Avegers: Age of Ultron.

For the record…

Thunderball shows up (as a villain) in this week's Dr. Strange: Surgeon Supreme #2.

Shows how much editorial cares about what TNC is up to.

I mean, look at the "armada" last issue. Five "Zulu flights" which is between 15-30 fighters, and 3 flagships. Hardly an armada.
    Its poasible that this is more an art issue than a writing one, but yeah ... I'd agree thats one of the problems with this book. More of an issue in the first arc than the latter ones, but rhe book has trouble conveying any sort of epic scale in anything. Feels more like a tv show than big budget movie at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    I just finished reading Avengers # 30. Unlike Coates' main Black Panther comic, T'Challa shows up more than just the previews in this comic. No action on T'challa's part, but I've decided to actively collect the Avengers since Aaron seems to portray him better than Coates in the main Black Panther comic. But I can assure you......he's not being talked down by anyone in this comic lol
    I think the story would have been more interesting if he had taken the mother's background and made that the three to four issue story with the Avengers showing up at the end.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Its poasible that this is more an art issue than a writing one, but yeah ... I'd agree thats one of the problems with this book. More of an issue in the first arc than the latter ones, but rhe book has trouble conveying any sort of epic scale in anything. Feels more like a tv show than big budget movie at times.
    As Crisis on Infinite Earths recently showed, TV can do epic scale, at least nowadays. It's really more about failure of imagination on the writer's part.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Coates lacks excitement. He has miniscule amounts of action and excitement and thinks people want to be bored to death with constant talking, to the point the artists have nothing to work with
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 01-30-2020 at 04:16 AM.

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

I said it.

Please see link: https://www.screengeek.net/2020/01/2...ossible-debut/

If Namor shows up in Eternals ( which I mentioned in the previous Black Panther board), then it will be easy to do "Strum Und Drang".

This may be the main plot of BP 2.

I said it.

If Namor shows up in Eternals ( which I mentioned in the previous Black Panther board), then it will be easy to do "Strum Und Drang".

Did somebody say Sturm Und Drang?

Spectacular Member

Would be cool to see a flashback of Storm and T'challa as kids in the next film.

Is it me or is the Black Panther movie the only thing that this intellectual property has seen a true return of investment on...

Get Hectic!

Quote Originally Posted by superheat View Post
    Would be cool to see a flashback of Storm and T'challa as kids in the next film.
    If they want to start seeing the mcu with mutants, thats one easy starting point.

I said it.

Namor's human father was killed by Tiger Shark (hardly a sea monster) by bashing him over the head with a metal pipe, and his Atlantean father figure was killed by Paul Destine with the Serpent Crown. This is even worse than wishful thinking... this is making isht up.

For the record…

Thunderball shows up (as a villain) in this week's Dr. Strange: Surgeon Supreme #2.

Shows how much editorial cares about what TNC is up to.
    Yeah, I don't think they're paying any attention to anything he's doing. He should have been off this book before galactic empire ever began yet he's still here.

Either Sturm Und Drang or Enemy of the State inspiring the sequel, I'm down.

In a BP movie or another I want to see this scene on the big screen