Page 116 of 750 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120126166216616 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 11243

What book is that page of T'Challa and Namor laughing from?

I miss Namor and Panther being friends. I hate how Marvel always wants their heroes to become bitter enemies. I would kill to see and Panther, Namor & Dr Strange team book, like a Secret Defenders or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post

I miss Namor and Panther being friends. I hate how Marvel always wants their heroes to become bitter enemies. I would kill to see and Panther, Namor & Dr Strange team book, like a Secret Defenders or something.
    Yeah, as much as I love Hudlins last arch on BP I do have to sort of shed a tear for that putting an end to the Doom/Namor/T'Challa king club which Priest established. That had so much potential. But DOom War and AvX sort of killed that.

Though you never know. Maybe down the line writers will decide to revisit it.

I don't think they've ever been friends. At least in no book I've seen. At best they're adversarial peers who when the world is at stake work together.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    We've already sent him thru the portal to Krakoa.

Good luck!

LOL he will be dead Krakoa will detect him and strangle him to death Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    OMG, I found a storm fan I like.
    Awww thank you!! I like you too. I’m the Logical and realistic Storm Fan. Not the crazy ones you see all the time. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I don't think they've ever been friends. At least in no book I've seen. At best they're adversarial peers who when the world is at stake work together.
    Sorry, well at least friendly. There was mutual respect and maybe hints that they could perhaps be friends if they were both not wearing the masks of kingship.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    The problem with that is it depends heavily on who is writing each character. You give BO a writer who's a Cap fan and all of a sudden T'Challa is going "Hey Cap whats your idea" instead of treating T'Challa as he should be
    Which, if I'm being honest between those 5, I would say BP, and Thor would be the best leaders with T'Challa standing at the top because he actually leads an entire nation and it's military and Thor also ruled Asgard. There is a different level of command you need when it comes to leading at that level, especially when it comes to comics where these heroes are in the thick of it and not safely hidden from combat
    Yes, and this is where I draw my opinions of leaders in the team books far as Avengers go. I feel naturally T'challa and Thor, let me preference the current version of Thor, would be and are top just by nature of the prep and rearing the both of them have received. Others gave Cap grace due to sentiment. BP easily has better leadership skills, on paper it's not even close. The same treatment given to Batman by all of the league, is similar to what T'challa should be written with in the Avengers, but it's not the case and fault lies at the feet of fanboys as writers.

Sorry, well at least friendly. There was mutual respect and maybe hints that they could perhaps be friends if they were both not wearing the masks of kingship.
    I don't see that either. The only thing they have in common is being rulers. Without that, I don't think k they'd even talk to each other. Have you ever seen them spending non work related time together?

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Yes, and this is where I draw my opinions of leaders in the team books far as Avengers go. I feel naturally T'challa and Thor, let me preference the current version of Thor, would be and are top just by nature of the prep and rearing the both of them have received. Others gave Cap grace due to sentiment. BP easily has better leadership skills, on paper it's not even close. The same treatment given to Batman by all of the league, is similar to what T'challa should be written with in the Avengers, but it's not the case and fault lies at the feet of fanboys as writers.
    A big difference is that Black Panther is almost never in the Avengers. THis is arguably the first time he's been a full time Avenger since Roy Thomas run in the late 60's. Batman gets the Batman treatment from being a cornerstone of the League, the way Cap, Iron Man and Thor are with the Avengers.

I think that will change though. T'Challa's star is starting to rise, and I think both Carol and T'Challa might end up turning the Avengers Big 3 into the Avengers Big 5 pretty soon.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Simulations can never be the real thing. Unless they copied the villains brainwaves and cloned their bodies it's an asterisk.

Let's analyze. Tchalla can beat all his worst villains at the same time solo, but Goon Slam Gary gets a hit in, Tetu can restrain him with vines, the Fenris Twins with goons can blow his costume off.

Something is not adding up. And notice he did it off panel. If it was as epic as Storm disabling a fleet, it be on panel. If you notice, Coates' bit feart fornTchalla are off panel while Storms are on.
    simulations are meant to be the real thing though. if this trail given by njadaka was something anyone could achieve tchalla wouldnt have obtained the idolatry and praise he did from the wakandan galatic people. I think in your analysis you are ignoring this detail.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Namor flooding Wakanda, Wakanda destroying Atlantis, and Namor sending Thanos and the BO to destroy Wakanda, killed any chances of that happening.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    simulations are meant to be the real thing though. if this trail given by njadaka was something anyone could achieve tchalla wouldnt have obtained the idolatry and praise he did from the wakandan galatic people. I think in your analysis you are ignoring this detail.
    Simulations are meant to prepare you for the real thing.

I already say Coates is a bad story teller. Why would what happened after the trial be any less BS than the trial itself.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Since Storm is his girlfriend at the moment, having her in the story makes sense. Aside from the potential help she offers as being one of the most powerful beings on the planet, you'd think he'd want to see her after all this time.
    I wouldn't have a problem if it lined up with he rest of the nonsense going on in 616.
    "Cable was right!"

In Priests' run they weren't best friends but there was a cordial understanding between them.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Namor flooding Wakanda, Wakanda destroying Atlantis, and Namor sending Thanos and the BO to destroy Wakanda, killed any chances of that happening.
    THey did seem on okay terms towards the end of Secret Wars though... so it's possible they might develop some sort of working relationship again.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    THey did seem on okay terms towards the end of Secret Wars though... so it's possible they might develop some sort of working relationship again.
    They were on "the universe is gone, no point in killing you" terms.

They weren't chummy in Avengers when Namor started attacking Roxxon facilities either.